Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love / Hate thing I have with my MY at the moment. Love it when it actually works but I guess I was one of the few unlucky ones to get a brand new dud. Picked my one up back on 8 Mar, 800 miles in and I get the dreaded assist errors whilst driving (ABS, Traction Control, Hold Assist, Powersteering, Regenerative Breaking disabled whilst driving!) and happens on almost every drive very frequently. I suspect a water ingress on one of the wire harnesses.

I live local to Dartford so that would have been my first choice SC but they were "closed" back in March and made me go all the way to Park Royal SC who were terrible. Didn't fix the problem and left black hand prints all over my pristine white interior. They did adjust the large panel gap on the boot door though.

3 months on, today was the first appointment I could get at Dartford SC with a loan car (yes it is a very long wait for SC allocation to fix any delivery day problems) so hopefully they finally fix the dangerous issue of having all the driving assists turned off unexpectedly whilst driving and also repaint some peeling paint of the front bumper (which was also there on delivery day - so build quality still a problem then).

On the plus side, I did get a 2017 MX for a loan car
Hope they get things resolved quickly for you 🤞

Has anyone else noticed the interest rate for Tesla Loan and PCP is now up to 5.90%? I don't know when this changed but I'm still clinging onto my 3.99%...
Literally just a few minutes ago when I was checking how long it would take to order a MY from today. Since April its costing more and more for a MY.

I am sure this has been asked before but how long can we hold on to the deal we got? Unfortunately I missed the 3.99% and ended up with 4.39%

As I ordered through Octopus I’ve not been able to join in the anguish of the EDD saga.

Until now.

From when I ordered, in the Octopus tracker it has shown an arbitrary date of 29th July. No way they could have known for certain at the beginning of April. But yesterday it has changed to 28th July. Oh the excitement 😂🤣
I ordered same spec through Octopus a month earlier and mine still says 1 Aug 2022! hasn't ever been updated.

Think I might be one of the worst out here - Ordered 15th Feb - MyLR White/Black/19" - Glasgow - Cash with a trade-in.
I've been told August 25th - Oct 9th.

My question - Given I'm a cash buyer - end of August must be the worst delivery possible? Would I not be better waiting until September to get the new license plate?

Has anyone else noticed the interest rate for Tesla Loan and PCP is now up to 5.90%? I don't know when this changed but I'm still clinging onto my 3.99%...
I know that so far Tesla has always honoured the price & finance rate applied at time of order, but given the unprecedented inflation, and that 'legally' the wording in the agreement allows them to pass on these increases, I am beginning to fear an unpleaseant surprise given the 6 month delivery delay...
Don't get me wrong I would be somewhat pleased to receive my car in September at the March agreed price & rate, but on the contrary it would add insult to injury if them pushing my order back would end up costing me more ££....

I know that so far Tesla has always honoured the price & finance rate applied at time of order, but given the unprecedented inflation, and that 'legally' the wording in the agreement allows them to pass on these increases, I am beginning to fear an unpleaseant surprise given the 6 month delivery delay...
Don't get me wrong I would be somewhat pleased to receive my car in September at the March agreed price & rate, but on the contrary it would add insult to injury if them pushing my order back would end up costing me more ££....
I feel the same - I ordered at end of April at 3.99% - would be super peeved if they changed the interest rate we have agreed but I could see it happening and wouldn't be surprised.

I feel the same - I ordered at end of April at 3.99% - would be super peeved if they changed the interest rate we have agreed but I could see it happening and wouldn't be surprised.
Well, I would be surprised, and I would be angry, rightly so. Hard to justify with their shambolic matching process where some customers who have ordered after you will be allocated before you and will not be subject to these increases.
But from their point of view, we are now competing against customers who order from today at higher financial profit for leases, and cash prices increases at £1k too, so I can see why we would be back of the queue... unfair still... Would be the final straw for cancelling my order I think...

My delivery has been pushed back to September - October. Tesla asked me for my final balance at the end of May, surely i am now tied into a contract with them so they can’t change the interest rate or ask me to pay the extra 1k?

Reactions: Daedalus
My delivery has been pushed back to September - October. Tesla asked me for my final balance at the end of May, surely i am now tied into a contract with them so they can’t change the interest rate or ask me to pay the extra 1k?
Have you signed a final lease agreement with them? I don’t think it’s possible if there is no related vin… so technically they could walk back on it. Finance offers are valid for 90days from approval.

Not trying to scare anyone, and again so far Tesla has honoured those. But we are not in the same inflation context anymore, and lead times between order and delivery have never been so high before because of lockdown as well… so I’m being carefully pessimistic

Interesting that there are a few of us in the February boat.... though my 15th is towards the top end!

I wondered if I got messed around as trade-in seemed to be stuck in valuation after the 2 month value expired - seemed very odd as I gave them the new mileage and they took 3 weeks to revalue - as it's just a formula applied I don't know why it took so long - and all this happened while customers were being contacted with dates for pickup.

Still I'm intrigued how people feel about getting the car in August instead of a new license plate in September? That's got to affect the value of the car by thousands on subsequent trade-in?

Reactions: ean36t
Interesting that there are a few of us in the February boat.... though my 15th is towards the top end!

I wondered if I got messed around as trade-in seemed to be stuck in valuation after the 2 month value expired - seemed very odd as I gave them the new mileage and they took 3 weeks to revalue - as it's just a formula applied I don't know why it took so long - and all this happened while customers were being contacted with dates for pickup.

Still I'm intrigued how people feel about getting the car in August instead of a new license plate in September? That's got to affect the value of the car by thousands on subsequent trade-in?
That all depends, if like me it’s a company car, then I don’t really care, but if it’s a personal car that you are spending your hard earned cash on, then I could imagine it’s a bit of a shitter getting a car days or weeks before the new reg!

Wow, that really is a long wait!! Has something happened to cause such a long wait time? I haven't seen anybody with a Feb order being pushed out of Q2
Yep same here.. Order date 27th Feb.. no trade-in and finance already approved and yet nothing.. EDD has been all over the place and now disappeared So clinging on to the hope might get a late June order match..

Last edited: