Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just sat on the Tesla Hub car park in Staines

* Turned up 90 minutes early. No trouble.
* Walk in, show drivers license.
* Sign an iPad
* Get given row number (4A in my case)
* Cars are parked close together, I had to squeeze in through the passenger side. I am a patented Fat Lad though, so YMMV
* Car prep was flawless except for 3 bubbles and trapped grit under the NSR PPF.
* UMC and Type 2 public cable present and correct.
* Parcel shelf present and correct.
* 51% charge 😀
* 6 miles on the odometer
* App linking worked flawlessly I had full app control of the car within 5 minutes of signing the iPad. Note I had to quit/restart the app to make it appear though.
* Car itself was similarly flawless. Build quality appears absolutely perfect after a 1h inspection. I’m not blaming China for the PPF.
* Staff friendly, helpful, plenty of them.
* There’s a toilet on-site which is clean and well maintained (SWMBO is disabled; this matters more than you’d think so thought I’d mention in case it helps others who might be anxious)

Had I not been over cautious on the collection checklist I could have been in and out in 10 minutes flat. As it was I got everything done in detail in 45 minutes.

Am now on my way home. Few pics follow!
3BE17496-1AFD-49DB-9091-8267F586F10C.jpeg
554C80E6-CFEE-4A3A-81E0-F1006739FEB6.jpeg

E08588E3-E8CB-46CB-A6C1-13C35147778E.jpeg

Last edited:

* Sign an iPad
* Cars are parked close together, I had to squeeze in through the passenger side. I am a patented Fat Lad though, so YMMV
* Car prep was flawless except for 3 bubbles and trapped grit under the NSR PPF.
* 51% charge 😀
* App linking worked flawlessly I had full app control of the car within 5 minutes of signing the iPad. Note I had to quit/restart the app to make it appear though.
* Car itself was similarly flawless. Build quality appears absolutely perfect after a 1h inspection. I’m not blaming China for the PPF.
* There’s a toilet on-site which is clean and well maintained (SWMBO is disabled; this matters more than you’d think so thought I’d mention in case it helps others who might be anxious)

Had I not been over cautious on the collection checklist I could have been in and out in 10 minutes flat. As it was I got everything done in detail in 45 minutes.

Am now on my way home. Few pics follow!View attachment 820861View attachment 820862
View attachment 820863

Good write up and stunning car! My exact spec hehe

Picked her up yesterday from Glasgow. Easy handover. Cars with plenty space between them and prep wise was clean as a whistle. 51% charge and 6 miles on the odometer. Some bubbles in the ppf but will see if it settles, not an issue. Parcel shelf and granny cable all accounted for. Bit of a rattle going over bumps from passenger rear somewhere but not figured it out yet. Could be parcel shelf or just seat belts. 🤷‍♂️
Also maybe just being picky but some uneven gaps around rear clusters. Rest of car is perfect.
Topped up at the dundee supercharger on way home and familiarised myself with the car properly while it charged.
20220624_161838.jpg

20220624_160949.jpg

IMG-20220624-WA0037.jpg

20220624_203738.jpg

Picked her up yesterday from Glasgow. Easy handover. Cars with plenty space between them and prep wise was clean as a whistle. 51% charge and 6 miles on the odometer. Some bubbles in the ppf but will see if it settles, not an issue. Parcel shelf and granny cable all accounted for. Bit of a rattle going over bumps from passenger rear somewhere but not figured it out yet. Could be parcel shelf or just seat belts. 🤷‍♂️
Also maybe just being picky but some uneven gaps around rear clusters. Rest of car is perfect.
Topped up at the dundee supercharger on way home and familiarised myself with the car properly while it charged.
View attachment 820871

View attachment 820872

View attachment 820873
View attachment 820874
Paging @Perna @Spacerat Glasgow here for you and the correct colour for at least 2 of us!

@Brian G car looks great! More pics pls!

Does anyone thing that, apart from the colour/spec MY you ordered, the location in the country also has an impact on dates? All these posts seem to be “south”; what hope do I have being in Glasgow!
Hi I am Glasgow also O/D 21/02 original delivery was May then June 18-30 now 10/08-09/09 I changed the colour in March so hope
it will be on the next ship, although it does seem getting any cars north of Manchester after the 24th before the 30th might not have been possible maybe someone will enlighten us.

View attachment 820871

View attachment 820872

View attachment 820873
View attachment 820874

At first glance I actually thought that was my reg plate on the wrong coloured car! A little M and W mix up! 😂

I wonder if mine is already in the SC already... Picking up a grey on Tuesday. 🤗

It seems Glasgow is the furthest north pickup if you are heading past Dundee?!

Reactions: Brian G
Question for folks with recent deliveries in the UK - do you see the Disney plus app with latest software update? I can’t see it but some forums suggest it’s available in the UK?

Absolutely loving the car so far and beyond PPF issues, no other build issues/panel gaps etc. seat belts keep hitting the plastics over the bumps so need some 3M tape magic over those.

* Sign an iPad
* 51% charge 😀

Am now on my way home. Few pics follow!View attachment 820861View attachment 820862
View attachment 820863
Home. Flawless drive home through Windsor, Marlow and the M40 to Bicester, 70 odd miles. Not a single rattle, hum or buzz - I hate rattly cars and this was my biggest fear, totally unfounded as it turned out.

I’m extremely pleased and I hope everyone else’s pick-up experience and drive is at least as good.

May all your PPF be bubble-free…

Rain could get the cars dirty and necessitate a 'risky' additional wipe-down!!... BUT I do like an outdoor pick up!!... feels more spacious than the car park ones.... still *no* Southampton pickups right???.... mine S'ton next Thursday.... think that's outdoor for sure...

Home. Flawless drive home through Windsor, Marlow and the M40 to Bicester, 70 odd miles. Not a single rattle, hum or buzz - I hate rattly cars and this was my biggest fear, totally unfounded as it turned out.

I’m extremely pleased and I hope everyone else’s pick-up experience and drive is at least as good.

May all your PPF be bubble-free…
Some suggestions earlier on in the week that the PPF can be 'repaired' on-the-spot, but with the rush-to-quarter end (I'm on 30th June!!!), and this 'new' Self-Service collection (has anyone experienced that yet??)... I suppose it's a matter of booking in a service (hopefully mobile service) on the App for the next weeks??....

Does anyone thing that, apart from the colour/spec MY you ordered, the location in the country also has an impact on dates? All these posts seem to be “south”; what hope do I have being in Glasgow!
So I'd like to chime in here with my recent experience. My EDD just changed to 25-30 June from Aug - Oct.

I spoke with Tesla to see if there was any chance of collecting this q (any cancellation etc) as I had already paid up my pcp deposit when my EDD was June and had sold my car privately so in between cars. I had also mentioned I could be flexible to travel to help with the quarter end and to my surprise I was asked if Southampton was do able instead of Staines and if I can do the 30th. I was surprised at this as I had previously been told next Q and no chance of a June delivery regardless of cancellations.

I've not had a chance to check for vin yet or had a text to confirm delivery so might be tempting fate with the EDD potentially moving again. However thought I'd share my experience.

If you don't mind me asking... What price did you pay for this set up.... Im assuming Solar Panels, A zappi charger and some sort of equipment to manage the flow of power...

Sure, the zappi charger was abut £750 from memory, we want for the 22kw as we have 3 phase to future proof.

The zappi controls how much Solar is pushed to the car, water heating or grid based on the rules ‘priority you set up, that’s the big advantage of a Solar based charger ly the zappi.

The solar costs all depend on how many panels you can get installed and that’s limited by the spec on your roof and also if your are on single or 3 phase power as the electricity grid has regs around how much you can produce/send out the grid .

From memory we can send out a max of around 10KW as we are on 3 phase so we have about 25 panels at 380ws.

Reactions: Toblerone