Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got added to ‘the list’ yesterday and managed to get the spec I originally ordered (black / black / 20s due Sept - Oct) despite declaring I wasn’t fussy. Off to pick it up tomorrow at Staines.

Apologies if this has been covered before but has anyone got any experience of getting company car insurance? The car will be owned and registered to my limited company so it seems to reduce my options when looking online. The best quotes so far are through Admiral or Elephant, can anyone recommend another insurer?

I got added to ‘the list’ yesterday and managed to get the spec I originally ordered (black / black / 20s due Sept - Oct) despite declaring I wasn’t fussy. Off to pick it up tomorrow at Staines.

Apologies if this has been covered before but has anyone got any experience of getting company car insurance? The car will be owned and registered to my limited company so it seems to reduce my options when looking online. The best quotes so far are through Admiral or Elephant, can anyone recommend another insurer?
When did you order? This is also my spec and I'm also on the 'list' so it would be good to see if date order is still a priority.

Just out of interest what were your quotes? When I looked they came back at around 2+K

Thats me picked up this morning. Apparently they guy said there were about 15 pickups today and 30 for delivery. Had first slot of the day and there were about 3 other people picking up at the same time.

Pretty wet day so yet to fully inspect but I did notice internally that there seems to be a weird line on the steering wheel - right bang in the middle above the 'T' - it looks likes the leather(?) was folded at somepoint. Also seen a scratch mark on the driver side fabric pillar, sort of noticeable when you know, but otherwise blends in with the fabric.

Also, if you are about to pick up/accept delivery of a blue car from Glasgow, I would have a very good look at the rear bumper! Saw an employee in the distance (the Glasgow centre is on a hill overlooking the car park area) reverse it straight into a light post in the middle of the car park - it wobbled quite a bit at the top! Don't know if its heading out to a customer or what, but he had the hazards on to check before moving the car. It wasn't parked with the collection load anyways.

Have to say having issues connecting to wifi, will need to try again later...
Mine also has a slight ripple on the steering wheel above the T. It is pretty subtle - I kept doubting myself that it was actually there. Seems to be gradually fading away…

Congratulations, who knew being added to the “the list” would be so successful!

So, I swapped my 71 plate M3 3LR with acceleration boost which I love for a Y LR (no boost) yesterday and just ran a 100 mile journey. Initial impressions:

Delivery: good delivery, although the car arrived a little dusty and some obvious signs of poor cleaning. Worse still there were various small scratches on a few panels, some bubbles on the ppf and a small blister in the clear coat on the rear. None of these were terrible and I can live with them / probably fixable, but for a new car not great either. I suspect some of you on here with your collection checklists and clipboards would be on the floor! Arrived with 45 psi so dropped to 42.

Looks: It’s grey with std wheels, and as such I think it looks pretty dull to the eye, especially the terrible wheel covers. My nine year old described it as looking like our M3 but after a binge of 5 Big Mac meals. So it’s a bit Mr Blobby on the eye. Hence it now has the name Big Mac.

Drive: It feels like a bigger, heavier car, because it is! It’s sound enough on flat surfaces, and whilst the suspension isn’t terrible it really does lack any finesse on rougher roads, being quite brittle at low speeds on rough roads. Fine at higher speeds / smother roads though. Nothing major as far as I’m concerned but it just doesn’t feel like a quality setup. I suspect your view on this depends where you’re coming from. The steering is very direct, perhaps overly so for a car if this size as you don’t need much steering turn in high speed corners. A little Alfa-like but without any mechanical feedback! The car feels heavy in the twisties but for its size it’s not bad when you push it. Acceleration perfectly good but not surprisingly noticeably slower off the blocks that the M3 LR+AB.

Interior: it’s a bigger M3. Seems quiet enough and loads of space, which is why we got it.

Economy: 260 whatty thingys per mile on a mix of motorway and B roads so far, not too shabby, I suspect that means about a max of around 300miles range for normal driving in warm weather, winter driving will probably knock that down to <250 miles.

When did you order? This is also my spec and I'm also on the 'list' so it would be good to see if date order is still a priority.
My original order was placed on 8th April. I’m not sure there is much science behind it as the 1st call I received was offering blue / 19 in Southampton that I said I wanted to think about. I then got another call 10 mins later saying they’d found an exact match (cheers Oliver!).

• Informative
Reactions: nscar
For info are you paying cash or Tesla finance?
I have the latter, and was told they would call if they had an exact match, despite telling I was flexible. I suspect because otherwise this would change the price and therefore would have to reapply for a new finance agreement…

My original order was placed on 8th April. I’m not sure there is much science behind it as the 1st call I received was offering blue / 19 in Southampton that I said I wanted to think about. I then got another call 10 mins later saying they’d found an exact match (cheers Oliver!).
Did they say anything about the price for the different spec? I am interested to see if they charge the new prices if its not exact match.

Last edited:
So a day 1 photo (technically day 2 but 15 hours after delivery…)

As you can imagine, absolutely gutted!

Mind you, the good lady is even more gutted as she was driving it at the time…!

D3FE423B-2C2C-4D95-BA4D-DCC563553276.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Toblerone