Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted an MY for my summer holiday and generally when I need to move lots of or big stuff. Having literally missed the boat on Pre-July delivery for my holiday and with an EDD that is now 10th of August to 10th of September this suggests I will now be offered a vehicle in August. Since I am not really in any rush for the car now I might as well tell Tesla I don't want delivery until September and a 72 plate to maybe add back a little of the value that they will screw me out of with the massively reduced trade in offers now doing the rounds. Anyone else thinking about this?

Reactions: Toblerone
Just picked up my car from Staines, pick up went well was quick and easy, just thought I’d add what I’ve noticed about the car so far.

So we already have a Model Y which we collected in March, I’ve noticed that the one we picked up today seems to have a much more clicky and nicer feeling turn signal stalk and also for whatever reason the car looks like it’s a tad bit taller.
Not sure if you saw the RSymons vid where he drove a MIG MYP and said the suspension was softer than the MIC MYLR. So the rumour now is that Tesla might be addressing the ride quality which gets panned in every review. So could a higher ride height be an indication of a suspension change? not much else likely to cause that. Since you already have an MY you are in the perfect position to compare the rides on the two and give us some feedback!

Just picked up my car from Staines, pick up went well was quick and easy, just thought I’d add what I’ve noticed about the car so far.

So we already have a Model Y which we collected in March, I’ve noticed that the one we picked up today seems to have a much more clicky and nicer feeling turn signal stalk and also for whatever reason the car looks like it’s a tad bit taller.
Good to hear, hows the ride difference from the Model Y from March? Are you on 20's or 19's?

Just a quick note - I requested yesterday to be added to "the list" and had a call from Tesla today - 6 ex-demo models with various specs they had.

Ended up not going ahead for 3 reasons: a) not the exact spec I wanted, b) ex-demo c) even with ex-demo discount, works out more expensive than my March-ordered model (£3k diff)
Yeah being in the same boat (or not… see what I did there) I think our specs are not common enough to be called with an exact match from a last-minute cancellation… but eh, at least you got a call back, right….

Yep!
Spoken with Autoglass, our insurers preferred glass company. The guy was excellent… never had a car with 45 miles on the clock looking for a repair/replacement…
It’s too big to repair so needs to be replaced!
And that is a VERY VERY long lead time, in the scale of some of the waits for cars…!
Contact Tesla and see what they say.

Even if they won’t/can’t replace for free, you may find they have glass or it’s a shorter wait.

Try asking the insurance company if they will cover the cost from Tesla, as auto glass can’t deliver (or ask them for a courtesy car whilst yours if off the road for months!)

I’ve read about this on these forums and previously thought to myself I’d just pay Tesla to do it if needed, vs being without it for months!

I wanted an MY for my summer holiday and generally when I need to move lots of or big stuff. Having literally missed the boat on Pre-July delivery for my holiday and with an EDD that is now 10th of August to 10th of September this suggests I will now be offered a vehicle in August. Since I am not really in any rush for the car now I might as well tell Tesla I don't want delivery until September and a 72 plate to maybe add back a little of the value that they will screw me out of with the massively reduced trade in offers now doing the rounds. Anyone else thinking about this?
I reckon we aren’t getting them until September anyway. There is a 2 week shutdown of the production line starting 1-July, then add on a few weeks worth of production and 1 month at sea and that’s the earliest we would get.

Saying that, if they do offer me end of Aug I would accept, as I fear otherwise it would be end of December at the earliest.

Reactions: BATMOBILE786
Just out of interest what were your quotes? When I looked they came back at around 2+K
I have just done the same process (checked with Tesla via text and the registered keeper is set as company name - which as discussed does reduce the options). Admiral were the best - a hair under £1000 comp with protected no claims (and a lot of years of no claims) in Cardiff. The Endsleigh compare tool allows comparisons where the reg. keeper and legal owner are a company.

Reactions: Dpirlo
I reckon we aren’t getting them until September anyway. There is a 2 week shutdown of the production line starting 1-July, then add on a few weeks worth of production and 1 month at sea and that’s the earliest we would get.

Saying that, if they do offer me end of Aug I would accept, as I fear otherwise it would be end of December at the earliest.
that's what I thought till 2 days ago when my EDD went from 25/08-10/10 to 10/08-10/09. i.e. mostly in August. I know EDD's are about as reliable as a Mk1 MS door handle but it still has me thinking....

I am so glad I was able to help others by finding out about the hidden "list" and congrats on everyone who's been successful in getting an allocation!

They said it’d be the same base price as when ordered (April) however the extra 2,100 charge for the 20s would be removed and the finance would need updating. No change for the colour swap as the black and blue are the same list price.
Curious to know if they changed the apr on the changed spec or if they honored the rate and just increased the price for the wheels?

Reactions: robmcm and Dpirlo
Mine was delivered yesterday.
Was told delivery between 2 & 6, call approx 1 hour before delivery…
At 16:20 checked it was still being delivered via Tesla chat as no contact details for delivery…
At 17:20 chased again to be told, by Tesla, it was near…
About 25 minutes later it turned up. No contact from delivery company throughout…
HTH
Just got a call from Anyvan saying they'll be with me in 30 mins. That'll do.

I have just done the same process (checked with Tesla via text and the registered keeper is set as company name - which as discussed does reduce the options). Admiral were the best - a hair under £1000 comp with protected no claims (and a lot of years of no claims) in Cardiff. The Endsleigh compare tool allows comparisons where the reg. keeper and legal owner are a company.
Ill try the end sleigh tool and see where I end up, thanks

I am so glad I was able to help others by finding out about the hidden "list" and congrats on everyone who's been successful in getting an allocation!

Curious to know if they changed the apr on the changed spec or if they honored the rate and just increased the price for the wheels?
Unfortunately I didn’t get that far in discussions before they offered the spec I originally ordered on the same finance terms.

And thanks for ‘the list’ tip off!

Reactions: robmcm and s88ats
Paid the processing fee on the 14th April and got Tesla text on the 19th April.

My main back of the mind concern is I really want blue now instead of white. It would appear a good way to do this might be by being reallocated a cancelled vehicle at random location but get the feeing Carparison and Lex won’t want the faff and extra paper work for a small amount of extra money per month…
Lex deliver them I believe as opposed to us collecting - maybe others could confirm?

Contact Tesla and see what they say.

Even if they won’t/can’t replace for free, you may find they have glass or it’s a shorter wait.

Try asking the insurance company if they will cover the cost from Tesla, as auto glass can’t deliver (or ask them for a courtesy car whilst yours if off the road for months!)

I’ve read about this on these forums and previously thought to myself I’d just pay Tesla to do it if needed, vs being without it for months!
Thanks @Toblerone I have already tried that…
They are also saying they have none.
Advises to create a service ticket to request a new windscreen (non binding apparently…)
However, that flagged an interesting situation that you can only have 1 service ticket open at a time…