Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Date stuck at 05 Sep to 20 Oct. Date in app disappeared since Lex tried to take over the order (Transfer to salary sacrifice scheme). Lex wants me to pay the new higher price (by increasing lease rental) although Tesla have confirmed to me that they are not charging the new price for orders which are transferred. I am thinking of not proceeding with salary sacrifice as the entire control of my order is then with Lex. Lex are currently quoting delivery of December / January.
That's crappy from Lex..

👍yours probably will be in the first batch off the ship in August.

The only change I have in the last 1.5 month is that now I can’t see my EDD on the app unless I go into my account…
Mine has also disappeared from the app (I'm going through Tesla PCP). Shows only on when I login to the Account.

EDD still showing 28 August - 12 October so holing on to a slither of hope that it's on the first batch come August. If it's on the 2nd and comes in September, I would be OK with that too, so long as it doesn't interfere with my holiday plans! (Jeez we're a spoiled bunch aren't we :D)

So my LR gray,black 19s was ordered may 1st and I’m still hoping to get it in September (edd Sept 5th to oct 20th) with my Hypervolt being installed on Monday 11th July in preparation. How much before may 1st does the queue stretch back for those still waiting?
To illuminate your question, here is a snapshot of some people who have ordered, dates, spec and EDD. Clearly those who sign up are a very small proportion of the total orders but it will give you an idea of timelines. Thanks to Frizzy for setting it up.

For fun, you can also track the ships from Shanghai on the same page or this one. Tesla Carriers Map

Reactions: Trashcan
I guess some leasing co. snatched up a good amount of Q2 deliveries and had to take a couple weeks to allocate them. Seems to be a change from letting Tesla handle all deliveries/allocations with the end-user directly. They could probably count them as sales for Q2 if they did the handover by 30/06.
Maybe that also explains why none showed up on Tesla new inventory page..

Hopefully direct orders will be prioritised for Q3 now... 🤞

My opinion:
An order from a leasing company is a sale just like orders from direct customers. Unless Tesla thinks the bulk orders are affecting their ability to deliver direct customers, they wont mind taking these bulk orders to pump up their sales. At max they may introduce some cap on how many cars a leasing company can order per quarter to maintain a healthy balance.

I do hope they do a fair allocation and wish for Q3 allocation for all who have been waiting all this while 🤞

Reactions: Toblerone
I wont be excited until the VIN arrives.
My opinion:
An order from a leasing company is a sale just like orders from direct customers. Unless Tesla thinks the bulk orders are affecting their ability to deliver direct customers, they wont mind taking these bulk orders to pump up their sales. At max they may introduce some cap on how many cars a leasing company can order per quarter to maintain a healthy balance.

I do hope they do a fair allocation and wish for Q3 allocation for all who have been waiting all this while 🤞
Not really to question nature of sales or the origin of the orders, however as an end user/customer I would have thought all deliveries to line up with the sequence of individual orders , no matter it was a private purchase or through other means.

Not really to question nature of sales or the origin of the orders, however as an end user/customer I would have thought all deliveries to line up with the sequence of individual orders , no matter it was a private purchase or through other means.
Agreed and I think they largely do (and their are exceptions)

But if lease company advance orders 250 cars lets say on 1 March and then sell them on to other people assuming last one by 31 May, a direct customer ordering on 15 March might still be behind in the queue compared to the one who bought via lease company on 31 May.
(again all of this is my opinion and I am no expert)

From customers point of view it does seem unfair, but the bit we don't know about is when the lease company placed their orders.
And for full disclosure, I am a direct customer.. and waiting for my match :)

Just wondering how long those that are doing PCP/Loan are waiting till they get their finance agreement sorted? Straight away? Waiting till you have your VIN?...

My EDD is November 12 - December 27 and since it's going through my company, I'm holding out till our year-end (August 31st) before applying for finance so that we at least have another year's accounts to put me in a better position.

Just wondering how long those that are doing PCP/Loan are waiting till they get their finance agreement sorted? Straight away? Waiting till you have your VIN?...

My EDD is November 12 - December 27 and since it's going through my company, I'm holding out till our year-end (August 31st) before applying for finance so that we at least have another year's accounts to put me in a better position.
I’ve just done the application as soon as possible after order as I’m financing through Tesla. This is my second Tesla and the first was a short EDD. I’ve done it early this time to lock in the internet rate in case it goes up (quite possible).

Reactions: ROTA
I’ve just done the application as soon as possible after order as I’m financing through Tesla. This is my second Tesla and the first was a short EDD. I’ve done it early this time to lock in the internet rate in case it goes up (quite possible).
Kind of regret this as they're valid for 90 days and due to the delays, will expire before my 'new' EDD..
I've been told that it shouldn't be the case, but I'm still afraid that refreshing the agreement, even if it keeps my agreed rate, will ding my credit score a second time...