Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone on Team MSM?

I had a solid date in July since order ( I did take that with a massive pinch of salt, expecting maybe August).

Told last week definite mid November by Zenith.😭

Ordered late March, RN received 29th March. 🥺

Same as me except mine is all Black and ordered mid March.

But Zenith emailed today saying that Tesla have been in contact and advised that the car is due delivery for mid Sept. Fingers crossed mine is on the next boat load shipped in the next couple of weeks

Reactions: Toblerone
How do you find the manufacturing date? It doesn't seem to be coded in the VIN. I found some search tools online but they just give a "nearest the pin" estimate based on other known VINs.

You can use the Tesla VIN decoder to get a month/year - Tesla VIN decoder.

You can also use your VIN to check the build date, if the database is updated - Tesla factory build date

I hope that helps.

Reactions: MartijnL
You can use the Tesla VIN decoder to get a month/year - Tesla VIN decoder.

You can also use your VIN to check the build date, if the database is updated - Tesla factory build date

I hope that helps.
Thanks, I think the VIN decoder only gives a year, not a month?

With the Tesla-info DB the closest VIN sequence number is about 3000 lower then what I have. That is about 2-3 days of production so mine is probably from end of June (29/30).

Reactions: Human_ and Darreno
Welcome! We’re going to have to close entry to #TeamBlue soon.

As for the charger, I just got a Zappi installed (have solar on the house).
There’s also a thread for recommended installers which hopefully has some coverage for your area.
One more for #TeamBlue, blue/white/19s/EAP ordered direct with Tesla on 20th April then switched the RN to Lex via a broker, so losing any order visibility/EDDs. But I also have a Kia EV6 on order too from late Dec 21. There are EV6s ordered a month before I placed mine which are in production now so they should arrive late Aug/Sept - the VIN becomes visible as soon as your order starts being made. It may be quite a close race........

Reactions: Toblerone
For those with VIN’s in source code… talking to a Tesla advisor would they confirm that you have a VIN or do you have to wait until ‘official confirmation’ for them to say yes?

I’m leasing so can’t check for VIN in source code but Tesla have obviously said no match just yet… the wait goes on…

Yep msm. Late march ordered. September - October still showing. Getting a bit tedious now…
Yep, order and various EDD dates in footer. Agreed re tedium, part of the reason for ordering MSM was for the earlier order date which clearly wasn’t accurate.

Can’t swap now as (according to SA) it would bump me to the back of a queue with a new order and the price increases.

Hello everyone,

I have only been reading to date, but as my Y is getting nearer, thought I should chip in. I too have a MYLR Blue/Black/19s. Original RN received 6th May but I tweaked order 6th June. I have a EDD of September12th - October 27th. which has been pretty stable.

It will be a company car, so to try and secure a shorter wait I started the order process myself by paying Tesla the £200 to get a RN. Due to various (slow!) company ordering processes, Zenith have only this week taken over the order, so hopefully I have saved myself a couple of months wait as a same spec order loaded this week looks like a current estimated delivery of December 22 - Feb 23.

Next job for me is to get my head around what home charger I should plump for! Lots of happy reading for me on the other threads.
Oh I wish I did the same as you, I spent about 4 weeks going backwards and forwards signing this and agreeing that with my workplace, then the same again with Zenith. Think it was about 6 weeks from submitting the order to getting the RN from Tesla. Also hoping my ETA is similar to yours (same spec and similar order date) but I suppose now Zenith have taken your order over, you wont be able to see the EDD anymore :(

Looking at @Frizzy's database, it looks as if @Mr Miserable's MYLR order from January 22 is the earliest order without a VIN (until now). Worth the long wait I hope!

Going into February orders there are four outstanding without a VIN update - prese, @BushFox, @John1501 and @roadcred so fingers crossed for you guys next!
Thanks, currently sept8-30 EDD still aspirational, so many changes since May………