Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a June EDD for a bit when I ordered. Looks like I ordered about a month ahead of you (not that this means anything with Tesla!)

Starting to wish I had gone for a more standard combination - I can't see any other combination that matches my spec on the Frizzy DB or elsewhere.

Hoping this means I'm more likely to get matched, but can't fight the nagging feeling it means they're not making any of them either...

Someone talk some sense in to me...
Definitely dont worry, they are making plenty of blue cars on 20" - I thought white seats would be made in smaller quantities and harder to get, the aforementioned yes but the latter, no. Majority do order black for practical reasons.

When I picked up my MY a few weeks ago also with white seats, there were several blue and white interior MY's waiting to be picked up. It isn't a unicorn choice, so Tesla will be making plenty of them, they also have them in that spec on demo because they look so good.

EDD's are really meaningless.

I ordered a car with 19" wheels and white seats, the longest lead times, but there were loads of cars on 19" wheels. I swear Tesla do it so you upgrade to 20" thinking you get it quicker, but they make more margin.

I personally think your spec or red paint and that spec is the best looking MY. I just ordered white / white (overruled her and went with my choice of white seats - as they look so good and aren't that hard to maintain) / 19" for practicality reasons and its the wife's car and her choice.

Good luck with your allocation this quarter!

Oh well, you know, just thought it might be useful for all current pickups and future pickups and part of a discussion with people I've been sharing information with in Q2.

If you live your life with such obedience and order, I'll say a little prayer for you, such a shame you put yourself through such purgatory that a mis-categorised post on an Internet forum has led you to such conclusions about me and my contribution here.

If the admins want to move it, so be it.

Have a nice day.
Fair enough. It all comes down to opinion. I'm not a moderator. I'm just calling out forum etiquette. The forum would be a bit of a mess if there was just one thread for every discussion point but at the same time, rigid rules make things less fluid too so there is a balance to be had. From my own perspective as a car enthusiast who visits many forums, it gets tiresome when you wade through posts that aren't relevant to the topic you are interested in.

You see it a lot on car forums though. People use high traffic threads to get people to engage with them on a different topic knowing full well they'll get more eyes on it. It damages the overall user experience though (IMO - YMMV)

I had a June EDD for a bit when I ordered. Looks like I ordered about a month ahead of you (not that this means anything with Tesla!)

Starting to wish I had gone for a more standard combination - I can't see any other combination that matches my spec on the Frizzy DB or elsewhere.

Hoping this means I'm more likely to get matched, but can't fight the nagging feeling it means they're not making any of them either...

Someone talk some sense in to me...
If a ship had ~4500 Model Y-LR and there are 20 core derivatives (paint / seat / wheels). If they did anything equal (which they don't) that's ~225 cars that could match your spec.

Water those numbers down as the ship carries Model 3's
Factor in order book popularity.

Now get a totally inept person to assign EDDs = Result is a meaningless 💩 show of EDD accuracy.

• Funny
Reactions: Human_
I ordered the first week of May, and my EDD is holding Sept - Oct so I hope it doesn't change!
And the magic 8 ball says....
1658228008846.png

Definitely dont worry, they are making plenty of blue cars on 20" - I thought white seats would be made in smaller quantities and harder to get, the aforementioned yes but the latter, no. Majority do order black for practical reasons.

When I picked up my MY a few weeks ago also with white seats, there were several blue and white interior MY's waiting to be picked up. It isn't a unicorn choice, so Tesla will be making plenty of them, they also have them in that spec on demo because they look so good.

EDD's are really meaningless.

I ordered a car with 19" wheels and white seats, the longest lead times, but there were loads of cars on 19" wheels. I swear Tesla do it so you upgrade to 20" thinking you get it quicker, but they make more margin.

I personally think your spec or red paint and that spec is the best looking MY. I just ordered white / white (overruled her and went with my choice of white seats - as they look so good and aren't that hard to maintain) / 19" for practicality reasons and its the wife's car and her choice.

Good luck with your allocation this quarter!
Thanks pal, consider me back into the camp of optimism!

Reactions: Toblerone
Just spoken with Tesla, and they said for an August delivery expect a VIN to be assigned by next week, for September delivery expect it some time in August.
They also confirmed the revised trade in offer wont be updated again until inside the 30 day window so it doesn't expire again. On the positive side, that means if you get a trade in offer you should be within the 30 day window.

Guess its back to checking the page source for VINs again now, well at least I've had a months break from it.

Current EDD is Aug 8-Sept 17. Ordered March 18,

Just spoken with Tesla, and they said for an August delivery expect a VIN to be assigned by next week, for September delivery expect it some time in August.
They also confirmed the revised trade in offer wont be updated again until inside the 30 day window so it doesn't expire again. On the positive side, that means if you get a trade in offer you should be within the 30 day window.

Guess its back to checking the page source for VINs again now, well at least I've had a months break from it.

Current EDD is Aug 8-Sept 17. Ordered March 18,
I was contacted on Saturday by phone for updated mileage. I asked what was the point in asking now since the prices only last 30 days and my EDD start was nearly 30 days away (august 13-Sept15). He claimed that my update would still be valid for 60 days but he was not very convincing and since that was 4 days ago and I have heard nothing since I still remain to be convinced. The problem is EDD ranges are quite long sometimes so if they want the price to cover your whole window they will have to now be waiting until very close to your possible delivery date to give a price which is a bit of an issue if the price is bad (as I fully expect it to be this time) and you want to go elsewhere to sell.

Reactions: garreth64
I was contacted on Saturday by phone for updated mileage. I asked what was the point in asking now since the prices only last 30 days and my EDD start was nearly 30 days away (august 13-Sept15). He claimed that my update would still be valid for 60 days but he was not very convincing and since that was 4 days ago and I have heard nothing since I still remain to be convinced. The problem is EDD ranges are quite long sometimes so if they want the price to cover your whole window they will have to now be waiting until very close to your possible delivery date to give a price which is a bit of an issue if the price is bad (as I fully expect it to be this time) and you want to go elsewhere to sell.
I think they were wrong. My first trade in was valid for 60 days, but my second was only 30 and that seems to be the general case now from what others have said.
Agree with you re the window, if their trade in is poor you do need enough time to go elsewhere but several weeks should be enough for that.

@Darreno I'm relying on you to help me out with my VIN :p Since I'm a lease customer, and you ordered the same spec a couple of days before me, as soon as you announce you've got a VIN, I'll be getting on chat to check whether I've been issued one as well.
Haha good idea. There is a couple of people in here with the same spec that ordered a couple of days before me!

Reactions: beasty54
@Darreno I'm relying on you to help me out with my VIN :p Since I'm a lease customer, and you ordered the same spec a couple of days before me, as soon as you announce you've got a VIN, I'll be getting on chat to check whether I've been issued one as well.
I love this idea... I have no visibility of my EDD either, and they don't want to give any dates over chat or the phone

Any Blue / Black / 19" orders placed around 21st April??

Reactions: Darreno
I love this idea... I have no visibility of my EDD either, and they don't want to give any dates over chat or the phone

Any Blue / Black / 19" orders placed around 21st April??
I can give you Blue/Black/20s ordered on 20-April. EDD is currently Sept-6 to Oct-21 and has been holding for weeks.
Or you can check Frizzy DB to see if there’s a closer match.

Reactions: Spacerat