Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fingers crossed for you but don’t fret, it will ruin the experience. My collection was faultless, although with all the negativity talk I was checking for swirls, panel gaps, missing cables, no Ryzen, lithium battery etc. All a non-event thankfully for me.

Car finish was like a mirror. Photo below from NEC👍

Same here - perfect (From Duxford) !

Re: Ordering date (the time an actual order was placed with Tesla and you got a RN, not the date ordered from a lease company or third party). I'd say 99% of people got there cars delivered in 5 months +/- 1 month.

If you're stressing about it, just have this timescale in the back of your mind and forget the changing EDD's.

I also just had a thought, that maybe a fast way to check everything works on delivery day is to do the lightshow. Surely you'd get everything tested in about 2 mins? 😂

Reactions: Toblerone
Really? Outside of black or white I’d have expected grey/silver would be the most popular.

My MSM’s EDD is 20-30 September which doesn’t seem excessive
It probably is more popular in the UK than blue, and certainly more so than red because of the price, but maybe it is less popular in Europe (or other RHD countries)?

For the MYLR, MSM has the longest EDD on the configurator of all the colour options, irrespective of wheel and interior choice.

It probably is more popular in the UK than blue, and certainly more so than red because of the price, but maybe it is less popular in Europe (or other RHD countries)?

For the MYLR, MSM has the longest EDD on the configurator of all the colour options, irrespective of wheel and interior choice.
MYLR / White / Black / Gemini, pickup Bluewater. Ordered 21st March.

August 26th to Sept 25th is now my EDD.
With todays flurry of tightening EDDs I’m hoping my MSM MYLR will firm up from present 2-30sep issued last week. A suspect ship apparently set sail this evening so fingers crossed this all ties up and I’m a happy boy early next month. Come on Team grey.

There’s no difference there, they use the same order system, on the same website. In fact, when I went in to check the cars out and decided to place an order, they said “you can order with us here, but we are literally going to do the same as you would at home with the website” they just enter your details and setup an account.

Since Tesla doesn’t really have dealerships, they don’t have any in-store sales quotas which would encourage in-store staff to try make car sales there and then.
Agree - but the showroom can allocate unassigned /rejected VIN to an order. I automated allocation of VIN to the order happens when ship is loaded or while moved to destination. However when somone does not accept a delivery , then they appears on their systems and showroom/SA can reassign them. Of course there could be some constraints so that they may not be able to assign them to brand new orders

Agree - but the showroom can allocate unassigned /rejected VIN to an order. I automated allocation of VIN to the order happens when ship is loaded or while moved to destination. However when somone does not accept a delivery , then they appears on their systems and showroom/SA can reassign them. Of course there could be some constraints so that they may not be able to assign them to brand new orders
Any source to back this up? I’ve spoken to Tesla over live chat earlier today and they mentioned if someone rejects an order then it’s automatically assigned to the next person in the queue with the cancelled spec.