Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s all a storm in a teacup, percentage wise.

Firstly, you can’t prevent it so I don’t believe it is worth trying (nobody appears to have stopped them yet), secondly, most people last quarter had no problems. Thirdly it will buff out if it does happen, nobody on here has mentioned having a respray as far as I could see last quarter?

Look forward to a shiny car, they aren’t monsters trying to make work for themselves as everyone who turns up with a grievance will mean they’ve double the work to do in re cleaning and buffing out.

Fingers crossed for you but don’t fret, it will ruin the experience. My collection was faultless, although with all the negativity talk I was checking for swirls, panel gaps, missing cables, no Ryzen, lithium battery etc. All a non-event thankfully for me.

Car finish was like a mirror. Photo below from NEC👍
Thanks so much - fully makes sense that a few bad experiences can make the rest of us unnecessarily nervous. I’ll drop the concerns and embrace the experience as you suggest 😀

Reactions: ElectricPolice
Any source to back this up? I’ve spoken to Tesla over live chat earlier today and they mentioned if someone rejects an order then it’s automatically assigned to the next person in the queue with the cancelled spec.
That's definitely not true! Several people that ordered the exact same spec as me, but after me, were called and offered cancellations.

My lease company spoke to their direct contact at Tesla and the way they explained it made much more sense. What they said was, it's based on location because the car that's been cancelled / delayed will likely end up at the pickup location it was originally destined for so, the next person in the queue at that pickup lacation will get a call offering then a car, there's nothing automatic about it though. It also sounds like if you call, or drop into a service center at the right time, they could actually find you one.

My EDD moved a few days forward, I am trying not to read too more from this.

But seriously, what's the point in Teslas PoV to have these minor tweaking? It isn't like they could even stick to a EDD...

edit: And the person above gets a similar EDD for the same car, but ordered 4 months after me. This is freaking hard to swallow.

My EDD moved a few days forward, I am trying not to read too more from this.

But seriously, what's the point in Teslas PoV to have these minor tweaking? It isn't like they could even stick to a EDD...

edit: And the person above gets a similar EDD for the same car, but ordered 4 months after me. This is freaking hard to swallow.
I doubt it is as personal as people seem to think. Take this with the requisite pinch of salt, but I'd say we're a allocated into EDD groups, where you're divided by sections based on your order spec, national location and delivery location. These groups then have their dates shift about based on actual production, forecasted production, shipping schedules and some estimation of cancellation or delay.

So for whatever batch you are in, the dates have shifted slightly based on the above. You may also shift batch itself based on your order position, etc. In theory whoever ordered 4 months after you is still 4 months of order position (however many cars were ordered in that spec) behind you.

I'd be very surprised if Tesla are updating individual order records directly, although not all of their software is that great, so who knows.

Reactions: TeamBlue
Oh I wish I did the same as you, I spent about 4 weeks going backwards and forwards signing this and agreeing that with my workplace, then the same again with Zenith. Think it was about 6 weeks from submitting the order to getting the RN from Tesla. Also hoping my ETA is similar to yours (same spec and similar order date) but I suppose now Zenith have taken your order over, you wont be able to see the EDD anymore :(

In some odd quirk I have not lost access to my EDD yet, and can see my window has just reduced to September 1st - September 30th. All seems a bit real to think it could be next month.

Although it seems there is a lot of #TeamBlue on here, I spent 7+ hours on the A1 last Thursday and did not see a blue Y. That may change when the next boats arrive! (and to be clear, my road trip was for work and I wasn't just on a Tesla safari! ............. i do that a weekends 😂 )

Reactions: MattYLR
Found this update funny, I've been obsessively checking the EDD for almost 2 months now and funnily enough I completed my pre-delivery tasks in June but this text just came through...

Attachments

• IMG_32F3019FBB7D-1.jpeg
    IMG_32F3019FBB7D-1.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: Human_
I doubt it is as personal as people seem to think. Take this with the requisite pinch of salt, but I'd say we're a allocated into EDD groups, where you're divided by sections based on your order spec, national location and delivery location. These groups then have their dates shift about based on actual production, forecasted production, shipping schedules and some estimation of cancellation or delay.

So for whatever batch you are in, the dates have shifted slightly based on the above. You may also shift batch itself based on your order position, etc. In theory whoever ordered 4 months after you is still 4 months of order position (however many cars were ordered in that spec) behind you.

I'd be very surprised if Tesla are updating individual order records directly, although not all of their software is that great, so who knows.
I also feel they would do this to keep people “interested” - it provides engagement and gets people talking, which is better than nothing (given they don’t build to order).

I’d imagine someone in my position is at the bottom of a pile for a Q3 delivery, but with the right wind and a fortunate cancellation it’s possible. You could have someone in the same batch who has a higher chance of receiving a vehicle.

Ofcourse this is all just guesswork, and it may just be a friend of Elon’s needed a job so they created this role. Much like the Microsoft “move the buttons” team who every quarter confuse me within Outlook and Teams!

Any source to back this up? I’ve spoken to Tesla over live chat earlier today and they mentioned if someone rejects an order then it’s automatically assigned to the next person in the queue with the cancelled spec.
Yes - At lest one example . My friend popped in MK showroom on Saturday and managed to get a VIN assigned against his May order. He is getting the car in the next 2 weeks. I have the same spec waiting from April. He has in fact suggested me to call up the showroom as apparently he has been told that there were a few more (I didn't call them ). We both are cash buyers

Reactions: ROTA and robmcm
That's definitely not true! Several people that ordered the exact same spec as me, but after me, were called and offered cancellations.

My lease company spoke to their direct contact at Tesla and the way they explained it made much more sense. What they said was, it's based on location because the car that's been cancelled / delayed will likely end up at the pickup location it was originally destined for so, the next person in the queue at that pickup lacation will get a call offering then a car, there's nothing automatic about it though. It also sounds like if you call, or drop into a service center at the right time, they could actually find you one.
I too believed that rejections will be automatically allocated ! Does not seems to be true as I have at least one example (which may be an exception )

I expect a few more rejections against August delivery as many may be waiting for Sept plate. Also for a few , as the summer will be soon be behind us, they are fine to have the car in the next quarter. Also some reliable sources suggesting that the next quarter model-Y has better suspension

Yes - At lest one example . My friend popped in MK showroom on Saturday and managed to get a VIN assigned against his May order. He is getting the car in the next 2 weeks. I have the same spec waiting from April. He has in fact suggested me to call up the showroom as apparently he has been told that there were a few more (I didn't call them ). We both are cash buyers
I wonder where these cars are coming from. Must be rejected or returns orders from last quarter? Perhaps cars with defects that have since been repaired perhaps…

Received text:

Tesla Update - You will receive a new '72' licence plate for your Model Y once we have received this from the DVLA. Your new licence plate will be communicated via SMS once it has been allocated.
Hi There.
What date will this apply to? I have an EDD of Sept 19-30th. Its been moved forward from Nov 19-30th this weekend. Quite pleased as order was placed 28th June. Model Y Blue/Black interior, 19in Gemini

Also some reliable sources suggesting that the next quarter model-Y has better suspension
Mind citing your reliable sources?

I only ask because I don't think this has actually been factually confirmed - but I do trust that Bjorn, Thomas from Autogefuhl and R Symons (all 3 have said they feel the difference), and they all know their stuff! I'd love to see it confirmed though, as that will make for a very juicy quarter of deliveries with some cars being produced before and after upgrades.

Some people will wait for new plates or not care because summer is over, but I would simply want mine sooner rather than later.

Last edited: