Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
14 April order
MYLR, MSM, 19", black, standard auto pilot.

I've had no update whatsoever. My EDD has been 1 to 30 September ever since the June EDD I previously had was missed. Not sure why others have had their EDDs change so often but mine has stayed the same.

No secret VIN. I spoke to Stephenie on chat today and was told I have not been assigned a VIN and the EDD is subject to change based on order details.

Tbh i don't think the customer service people know anything more than we do on here but I'm starting to lose any confidence that I will be receiving my car in September anymore.

Anyone with similar specs and order date had a VIN?
Apart from colour we've gone for the same spec. OD 10th April and no movement on EDD or anything hidden from my side. Just on this wide 4-30th Sept EDD holding pattern ready to either shrink in the next few weeks or completely move to Q4 which I am sounding like a broken record happened back in Q2. Literally edge of the seat stuff waiting for THE ship.

Reactions: Toblerone and RCMY
Spoke to Tesla and have them my RN number this morning to be told that my order has a note on it saying do not match (to VIN) until Nov! Tesla said this was a request from my lease company so I have gone back to them to see if they can remove this. The lease company don’t seem to know anything about it. Anyone else has this??
Yes I had this with Pendragon, when I questioned it with Tesla they said I need to get the lease company to take it off. After speaking with pendragon they said it was an error on their part during the order process… took about a week of chasing to get confirmation. Very annoying as I placed my order on 13th May, RN received on 16th May, block not discovered until 3 weeks later as I had a test drive booked and just happened to question the status of my order when at the dealership.

Spoke to Tesla and have them my RN number this morning to be told that my order has a note on it saying do not match (to VIN) until Nov! Tesla said this was a request from my lease company so I have gone back to them to see if they can remove this. The lease company don’t seem to know anything about it. Anyone else has this??
I had a similar situation... I ordered in March but had a hold on matching until 1st July (Rest assured your original order date is still taken into account when matching!)
When I spoke to Tesla they said their enterprise team put the hold on the order and the lease company denied any knowledge of the hold.

If I was a betting man I would say the lease company put the hold on to control customers who placed their orders earlier are more likely to be matched. I see no other reason for the hold.

Reactions: oneear and beasty54
So *if* GLOVIS CHALLENGE leaves on Wednesday and *if* she is coming to UK, and *if* VINs get assigned roughly the same point as they did with GLOVIS COMPANION, then we would expect the next flurry of VIN allocations to take place this Saturday/Sunday! Nail-biting time.
I might be wrong but trying to piece together some different threads here…Looks like Companion is going to Egypt so that at rules out UK based on Mr Miserable statement that UK cars come direct? Does that mean that our only hope is Challenge and we won’t know until it departs if it’s bound straight for the Uk, but if it were it would arrive mid to late Sept?

• Disagree
Reactions: Toblerone
I might be wrong but trying to piece together some different threads here…Looks like Companion is going to Egypt so that at rules out UK based on Mr Miserable statement that UK cars come direct? Does that mean that our only hope is Challenge and we won’t know until it departs if it’s bound straight for the Uk, but if it were it would arrive mid to late Sept?
Also are we saying that the two boats at Southampton now, Chorus and Summit, have all been matched to Vins and people have already been notified. Or is there a chance these haven’t been matched yet?

It's not going to Egypt, the shipping trackers show that destination as it's at the end of the Suez canal. The destination will update once it's past there

Also welcome to everyone who ordered in June and July.

DCC0313C-1D2F-4CAA-8EBC-62431DF54F1F.jpeg

I've been looking at the Southampton Port on GMaps since the arrival of Glovis Summit and Morning Chorus.. Yesterday these spaces were empty - today they are full of Teslas.. I can't imagine Google Maps updates that often or else it's a massive coincidence.

Tesla.JPG

Reactions: Toppyawe
Also welcome to everyone who ordered in June and July.

View attachment 841438
Newbie here…End of July order, Blue/Black/19s - Belfast pickup

I had an really bouncy EDD that moved from the whole month of Sep to Nov to Jan when the last round of vins were allocated but it jumped back to the September 23-30 yesterday!

I know I can’t take it seriously until I see a vin but I can’t help but get excited I might get lucky with such a short wait!

Newbie here…End of July order, Blue/Black/19s - Belfast pickup

I had an really bouncy EDD that moved from the whole month of Sep to Nov to Jan when the last round of vins were allocated but it jumped back to the September 23-30 yesterday!

I know I can’t take it seriously until I see a vin but I can’t help but get excited I might get lucky with such a short wait!
Also Belfast pick up but different spec. Suggest you reconcile yourself now that you won’t be a Q3/Sept collection. I had EDD for a June collection (twice) so you are just experiencing the ‘roller coaster’! Ignore EDD and just focus on which Q. Suggest likely Q1 2023..