Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is yours a lease order with Tesla/ALD? I have the same thing. Called Tesla earlier to check if anything had gone wrong and was told this has happened as my order is now 'ALD approved' and soft matched to a vehicle. This transfers the vehicle to ALD and I won't see it on tesla.com again now until after delivery.

So it's a good thing I guess. Was also advised hard matching will happen as the ship is en route (as we know!) and I should just keep an eye on EDD in the app/wait for them to contact me about delivery.

All-in-all I think it may point to an imminent UK ship..? 🤞👍
Just chatted to "Emma" and there's no match for me, and they have been having system issues which is the likely cause of what I've seen today.

That said, if your 26th June Black/Black/19 order has been soft matched, then there's hope that my 8th May Black/Black/19 has too, unless "soft match" simply means "Tesla know about it".

So *if* GLOVIS CHALLENGE leaves on Wednesday and *if* she is coming to UK, and *if* VINs get assigned roughly the same point as they did with GLOVIS COMPANION, then we would expect the next flurry of VIN allocations to take place this Saturday/Sunday! Nail-biting time.
*IF*

Fingers crossed. *IF* Texas is working over the weekend.

Just Another possibility before we get disappointed, VINs may come on Monday as Texas would not be working Sat/Sun I hope

Reactions: adambg
Ah I see. Well I guess you're saying MORNING PEACE in Q2 was an anomaly rather than common practice. I only started following this forum in early June so wasn't aware of that. Ok well let's keep our fingers crossed for the next week or two!
The good news is that you’re highly likely to get your car from the next full boat load of MYLRs leaving china as it’s thought the head of the queue starts just into April. If a part boat load then your guess is as good as mine. My fingers are crossed for you and once you get assigned one, I will not be far behind you. Best wishes, SB

Reactions: adambg
Just chatted to "Emma" and there's no match for me, and they have been having system issues which is the likely cause of what I've seen today.

That said, if your 26th June Black/Black/19 order has been soft matched, then there's hope that my 8th May Black/Black/19 has too, unless "soft match" simply means "Tesla know about it".
Fingers-crossed, it does seem like a bit of a lottery - who knows!

The guy I spoke to did sound like he was plausibly getting info off 'the system' at the time, but then again he's probs well-practiced in dealing with over-eager customers ;) .

Reactions: MattM76
*IF*

Fingers crossed. *IF* Texas is working over the weekend.

Just Another possibility before we get disappointed, VINs may come on Monday as Texas would not be working Sat/Sun I hope
That stands to reason of course and *IF* no bank holidays or similar next week!! Sorry to be pedantic, but it’s been sticky in my home office all day with thunder/heavy rain and midges adding to the malady and I need something to cheer me up and bag my 100th post!

Spoke to Tesla and have them my RN number this morning to be told that my order has a note on it saying do not match (to VIN) until Nov! Tesla said this was a request from my lease company so I have gone back to them to see if they can remove this. The lease company don’t seem to know anything about it. Anyone else has this??
This happens all the time. Smaller lease companies usually make this mistake and often use the date you've said you'd like to receive the car, Tesla then won't match before this date. I don't see why a bigger lease company, who should be familiar with the process, would do this unless they've made a genuine mistake, or the customer has made the request.

This happens all the time. Smaller lease companies usually make this mistake and often use the date you've said you'd like to receive the car, Tesla then won't match before this date. I don't see why a bigger lease company, who should be familiar with the process, would do this unless they've made a genuine mistake, or the customer has made the request.
Thanks I think you are correct. I’m leasing through Octopus and they have just emailed me to say that this has now been corrected on the system-hope it hasn’t cost me a Sept/Oct allocation!!

Is yours a lease order with Tesla/ALD? I have the same thing. Called Tesla earlier to check if anything had gone wrong and was told this has happened as my order is now 'ALD approved' and soft matched to a vehicle. This transfers the vehicle to ALD and I won't see it on tesla.com again now until after delivery.

So it's a good thing I guess. Was also advised hard matching will happen as the ship is en route (as we know!) and I should just keep an eye on EDD in the app/wait for them to contact me about delivery.

I have also just spoken to Tesla, and I also chose ALD - but the rep just told me it is a glitch that they are aware of effecting a lot of orders, so who knows! 🤷‍♂️

They also said that they are hoping it will be fixed by tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Dwards
Thanks I think you are correct. I’m leasing through Octopus and they have just emailed me to say that this has now been corrected on the system-hope it hasn’t cost me a Sept/Oct allocation!!
It sounds like Octopus don't order in Bulk so it's highly unlikely you'll get a September car unless you bag a "cancelled" order. October won't happen if its coming direct, the absolute earliest will be mid November.

It sounds like Octopus don't order in Bulk so it's highly unlikely you'll get a September car unless you bag a "cancelled" order. October won't happen if its coming direct, the absolute earliest will be mid November.
I think it is part of a bulk order or a pre order of some sort as it was already on order when I nabbed it. Not sure if that makes a difference. I was expecting Nov tbh but then got the sept to Nov EDD and started getting optimistic!

14 April order
MYLR, MSM, 19", black, standard auto pilot.

I've had no update whatsoever. My EDD has been 1 to 30 September ever since the June EDD I previously had was missed. Not sure why others have had their EDDs change so often but mine has stayed the same.

No secret VIN. I spoke to Stephenie on chat today and was told I have not been assigned a VIN and the EDD is subject to change based on order details.

Tbh i don't think the customer service people know anything more than we do on here but I'm starting to lose any confidence that I will be receiving my car in September anymore.

Anyone with similar specs and order date had a VIN?

14 April order

I've had no update whatsoever. My EDD has been 1 to 30 September ever since the June EDD I previously had was missed. Not sure why others have had their EDDs change so often but mine has stayed the same.

No secret VIN. I spoke to Stephenie on chat today and was told I have not been assigned a VIN and the EDD is subject to change based on order details.

Tbh i don't think the customer service people know anything more than we do on here but I'm starting to lose any confidence that I will be receiving my car in September anymore.

Same spec but two days before.

Reactions: Jon Crouch

Same for me today as I contacted Tesla and leasing through ALD. Its a good thing. Id suspect the ship in China now will have our car on. I was told a VIn would be allocated around the 19th Aug when I called earlier.

I emailed them last week to complain about not being able to upload my driving licence and they said the following in an email response to me;-

Soon your order will disappear from your account as it will be converted to an ALD Automotive order, in this case the order will show on ALD Automotive’s Tesla account as they will be the legal owners and purchaser of the vehicle. There is no need to be alarmed when this happens, it means that your order is nearing the final stages ahead of your vehicle’s delivery. Once a VIN is allocated to your order you will be contact via SMS to schedule a delivery slot. If the slots we have provided you do not fit around your schedule, you can get in contact with your Delivery Team and push your delivery date forward up to 7 days, as long as this falls within the last day of the calendar quarter. Of course, because the order will no longer show on your account once it has been converted, you will need to speak to ALD Automotive or ourselves for updates on your order. If you require any updates, please reach out to your Delivery Team.

Reactions: Dwards
I think it is part of a bulk order or a pre order of some sort as it was already on order when I nabbed it. Not sure if that makes a difference. I was expecting Nov tbh but then got the sept to Nov EDD and started getting optimistic!
It does sound like Octopus let Tesla handle their deliveries so I don't really understand how it works with assigning RNs and to bulk orders. My lease company make it simple, they place the order and basically say "You'll know before us when it's coming" and let me get on with it.

Fingers crossed anyway, hopefully you'll see that September delivery.

Reactions: Toblerone
14 April order

Same spec as me. I ordered 6 April and have had a hidden vin since last week. Spoke to Tesla and they confirmed I’d been allocated a car and I’m now waiting on official confirmation.

Also went through the original June EDD, then a couple of others before the current one of 1 - 15 Sept.

14 April order

Same spec and order date - also went through the June thing.