Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's assuring actually. Previously been told by TA that my car highly likely to be delivered this quarter. The way he talks about it feels like my car might be on a boat, or about to get on a boat.

My EDD currently 22-30th Sept, no VIN. Fingers crossed.
As far as we know everything on a boat has been assigned and anything already on a boat would likely arrive before your EDD even starts .
So I would say your most likely path to a Q3 car would be your final option of on a boat soon. There are still about 10days before, in a normal month, sailings to the UK might be expected to cease so its definitely not all over. There are plenty of people such as yourself with September EDD's with no VIN which does point towards the possibility of at least one more ship setting sail this month for the UK. And if they don't send another I don't think they will have made any significant in roads to the backlog that lockdown in Shanghai caused.

Reactions: Toblerone
As far as we know everything on a boat has been assigned and anything already on a boat would likely arrive before your EDD even starts .
So I would say your most likely path to a Q3 car would be your final option of on a boat soon. There are still about 10days before, in a normal month, sailings to the UK might be expected to cease so its definitely not all over. There are plenty of people such as yourself with September EDD's with no VIN which does point towards the possibility of at least one more ship setting sail this month for the UK. And if they don't send another I don't think they will have made any significant in roads to the backlog that lockdown in Shanghai caused.
Some have only been assigned today, (found my hidden VIN this morning) so there is still hope out there for stuff already at sea. My EDD was late September but now has an early September window, so hoping this will be sticky.

that was the 2K rise. There had already been a 1K rise back around April. So many people waiting for September pickup did pay 3K less than current list but there will also be some who only paid 2K less and others, such as yourself, who ordered late June onwards who paid current list.
Yup, that's right 👍. I think you misread my original comment before weighing in on my 'sitting time' ;). Anyway, let's leave bottoms out of this!

Some have only been assigned today, (found my hidden VIN this morning) so there is still hope out there for stuff already at sea. My EDD was late September but now has an early September window, so hoping this will be sticky.
That might very well be one that was assigned to somebody else last week who decided to cancel, hence a reassignment to you this morning.
What is the serial of you vin? (First 3 characters after the 'NC' part for your model Y)

From what others have passed on from support chat, there were issues with the system for assigning VINs to customers. Hopefully we might a few more assigned. Could be the case everything is assigned and any new assignments outside of a ship leaving are reassignments from people passing up on their VINs. I'm only a few days after you so maybe I might just squeeze into the quarter.

Yeah the current consensus is it's all been assigned. But @workable's TA said his/her car is on a ship, but no hidden VIN. Which might suggest there are cars on ships that has been allocated to a RN, but hidden VIN not showing yet.

I do agree with you that my MY would be on the next ship IF its being delivered this quarter. 🤞

Yeah the current consensus is it's all been assigned. But @workable's TA said his/her car is on a ship, but no hidden VIN. Which might suggest there are cars on ships that has been allocated to a RN, but hidden VIN not showing yet.

I do agree with you that my MY would be on the next ship IF its being delivered this quarter. 🤞
How would the TA know their car was on a ship, if there is no car/VIN matched to their order ;) I think we all know that answer.

Last edited:
Update - Model Y White / Black 19s EDD 1st - 15th September. Had booked and confirmed collection on Saturday 3rd September from Glasgow. Just had a call saying they need to push this back "as the car doesn't arrive until the 13th". Now booked collection for 17th September. Annoying! My existing car's insurance runs out on the 13th, so I get a gap for a few days :(

Update - Model Y White / Black 19s EDD 1st - 15th September. Had booked and confirmed collection on Saturday 3rd September from Glasgow. Just had a call saying they need to push this back "as the car doesn't arrive until the 13th". Now booked collection for 17th September. Annoying! My existing car's insurance runs out on the 13th, so I get a gap for a few days :(
That doesn't bode well for us with end of September EDDs and no VINs.

I'm a guy :) but based on what they said about mine it does open up the possibility of cars being allocated, although perhaps the hidden VIN thing is a system issue which we know about before.
How would the TA know their car was on a ship, if there is no car/VIN matched to their order ;) I think we all know that answer.
Also a good point but I'm just repeating what I was told, haven't made any of this up lol. The bottom line is nobody on this forum knows (to my knowledge) how the dark arts of Tesla customer services, supply chain or order logistics works with backend systems, if the live chat team and the Tesla customer services team (via phone) are the same team or different etc. It's entirely possible the TAs have a system they look at which shows more information than the portal, although it's acknowledged in some situations one thing is said and another happens.

That's interesting.
There is nothing on the radar arriving after Glovis Companion at Southampton on 01-Sept.
So either they have logistic issues and cannot arrange transport to Scotland in the first two weeks, or, it's on another ship that just left...

When did they call you to schedule your first collection? And when did you found your hidden vin?

That's insane! We will forget everything once we start driving it....

BTW, what number called you? I normally don't answer unknown numbers...