Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a guy :) but based on what they said about mine it does open up the possibility of cars being allocated, although perhaps the hidden VIN thing is a system issue which we know about before.

Also a good point but I'm just repeating what I was told, haven't made any of this up lol. The bottom line is nobody on this forum knows (to my knowledge) how the dark arts of Tesla customer services, supply chain or order logistics works with backend systems, if the live chat team and the Tesla customer services team (via phone) are the same team or different etc. It's entirely possible the TAs have a system they look at which shows more information than the portal, although it's acknowledged in some situations one thing is said and another happens.
Sorry to add to the saga but I was told by Tesla the other day that mine was on a boat but I haven’t got a VIN or an EDD (currently Sept to Nov). I phoned again today and was told that the VINS are all allocated a few days after they set sail from Shanghai So there is no chance mine is on a boat currently and will likely now be Nov. 😞

I'm a guy :) but based on what they said about mine it does open up the possibility of cars being allocated, although perhaps the hidden VIN thing is a system issue which we know about before.

Also a good point but I'm just repeating what I was told, haven't made any of this up lol. The bottom line is nobody on this forum knows (to my knowledge) how the dark arts of Tesla customer services, supply chain or order logistics works with backend systems, if the live chat team and the Tesla customer services team (via phone) are the same team or different etc. It's entirely possible the TAs have a system they look at which shows more information than the portal, although it's acknowledged in some situations one thing is said and another happens.
I believe you. We have heard many things TAs say on these forums. The general conclusion is they’re telling you what you want to hear ;)

To be fair I can imagine they have been getting a lot of rubbish from people recently so its understand.

Sorry to add to the saga but I was told by Tesla the other day that mine was on a boat but I haven’t got a VIN or an EDD (currently Sept to Nov). I phoned again today and was told that the VINS are all allocated a few days after they set sail from Shanghai So there is no chance mine is on a boat currently and will likely now be Nov. 😞
There is still the Glovis Challenge. If it is setting sail to the UK that could make it for mid September if you did order in July there there is pretty much no chance of you getting one this Q. End of March and early April orders are still missing VINs, they will get priority hopefully. From what I have read, most of the Feb and Mar orders were done this Q. So Nov-Dec will probably be April and May orders with some June possible but who knows. I don't see how Tesla will do 4 months of order in 3 months when they are already struggling to do orders within 6 months.

That's interesting.
There is nothing on the radar arriving after Glovis Companion at Southampton on 01-Sept.
So either they have logistic issues and cannot arrange transport to Scotland in the first two weeks, or, it's on another ship that just left...

When did they call you to schedule your first collection? And when did you found your hidden vin?
Things have been going quickly. I only started the business finance application this time last week, as got a text message they would assign me a vehicle if I did so, otherwise it would be December. Finance approved quickly. EDD still 1st-15th. I called Tesla (a Maidenhead number) and checked all was in hand. It was. Then yesterday I called to ask about a collection date, they said "when do you want?". So I ask for the first Saturday of the month, get assured its on a 72 plate etc.

This morning I receive the VIN and registration via text. This afternoon they have pushed my collection back 2 weeks. I called Maidenhead again, who said "you've just been sent an email" from the agent who I had spoken to yesterday. I emailed back and said "call me" which they did. (I'm currently in Spain btw...) and said "logistics" means it needed to be pushed back.

Whether the car only arrives in Glasgow on the 13th or in Southampton I don't know. If the Companion is due Soton at the start of the month then its internal UK logistics. How many cars on a ship, how long to unload them all and process them and then get them onto transporters etc? That may explain the delay on "arrival" to the 13th.

Anyway, I MUST complete the purchase before the end of September or the deal is off (as I am writing this off against Corporation Tax and year end is 30/09...) so no more delays please. Oh yeah, my agent said we MUST have a delivery appointment on the system. So he put one in for me to hold it. Or - so he said - I would have lost the car. So, a lot of people with RNs and no confirmed date who are ready to be allocated if anyone slips up. Clearly Tesla want every vehicle on that ship sold in Q3. Good, I want to buy one :)

Good luck everyone. Must say this is already far more fun than the usual tedium of buying from a main dealer who (a) don't know and (b) lie to your face

That's interesting.
There is nothing on the radar arriving after Glovis Companion at Southampton on 01-Sept.
So either they have logistic issues and cannot arrange transport to Scotland in the first two weeks, or, it's on another ship that just left...

When did they call you to schedule your first collection? And when did you found your hidden vin?
I don't think they mean the ship isn't arriving until the 13th, it's more likely that the car isn't getting to Scotland until around that date, that's not unusual at all.

There is still the Glovis Challenge. If it is setting sail to the UK that could make it for mid September if you did order in July there there is pretty much no chance of you getting one this Q. End of March and early April orders are still missing VINs, they will get priority hopefully. From what I have read, most of the Feb and Mar orders were done this Q. So Nov-Dec will probably be April and May orders with some June possible but who knows. I don't see how Tesla will do 4 months of order in 3 months when they are already struggling to do orders within 6 months.
Lots of us with early May still holding a Sept EDD with strong hints our car will be here in Sept from agents. I know not a cast iron guarantee but if they know that only one boat is coming and they boat has assigned our all their vins, then why not push our EDDs back now?

Reactions: Toblerone
Lots of us with early May still holding a Sept EDD with strong hints our car will be here in Sept from agents. I know not a cast iron guarantee but if they know that only one boat is coming and they boat has assigned our all their vins, then why not push our EDDs back now?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ No idea. In May I had a two week range at the end of June until just less than a month to go then it got shifted to August-October until just last week. I think they keep the ranges for possible cancellations. The TAs don't seem to know anything that you can't see in your account and Tesla don't seem to update the EDDs until the last minute. I'm 70% sure April order isn't coming until Nov-Dec now. I've got no VIN and the same two week range just like June.

Anyone else ordering through Octopus? This is my EDD tracker, I’d be curious to know if anyone else has been through or is going through the process with them and can give an idea of timelines and the time taken to move through the steps prior to getting a vin/sms delivery date etcView attachment 841495
I had the same conversation with Octopus last week. They gave me some garbage about supply chain issues etc. before telling me my delivery had gone back to mid December. Up until last week it had always been September, every since I ordered in April.

Spoke to Tesla (Emma) via web chat the same day and she said my EDD was still showing as September!!

I think you’re right and tbh was always expecting Nov delivery. However it turns out mine was a ‘stock’ car whatever that means and some mixed messages from lease co and Tesla led me to believe it might come earlier. I suspect it won’t and will be lucky to get Nov.

Just had some pretty exciting news. I rang Tesla today as my PCP on my current car is due to expire this month and sort of need to know what I'm doing :)

So the guy told me that my EDD is still the same (Sep 8 - 30th) and there's a strong likelihood this is correct as my car is on a ship at the moment which is due to get into the UK on the 2nd September - looking at Mr M's helpful updates and others, I think this may be GLOVIS COMPANION which seems the closest match.

Just hoping it all holds.
My EDD is exactly the same as yours. However I don't see any VIN too.

I had the same conversation with Octopus last week. They gave me some garbage about supply chain issues etc. before telling me my delivery had gone back to mid December. Up until last week it had always been September, every since I ordered in April.

Spoke to Tesla (Emma) via web chat the same day and she said my EDD was still showing as September!!
What is your octopus ‘track my order status’

I found my hidden vin last week, yesterday I received a call to book a collection date, then today received vin and reg via text.
roll on 16th September! bluewater.
Could you let me know what date range you were given for pick up? I'm picking up at Bluewater too, but I will be away from Sep14th... Hoping to collect before then. I have a hidden VIN, but not been asked to arrange a pick up yet.

my edd was 1st to 15th, when they called, they said it would be available from the 15th.
hope that helps.
This is funny how when a ship arrives on the 29th of June they manage to unload it and fit everybody into collection slots within the next 48hrs, but when it’s not near a quarter end they can take two weeks for the same process 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: Toblerone and gaol