Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like some VINs were issued for Singapore, which is interesting as the ship must be docking there and it is a RHD market. So UK next?
Or perhaps they’re all going to Ireland via Zebrugge?! 😅
I doubt it would be from Glovis Challenger, probably a smaller RoRo servicing the neighbouring region. Wouldn't make sense to have empty spaces on a ship travelling all the way to Europe just to drop off cars on the way in Singapore.

Reactions: WllXM and Toblerone
Just saw this. Shorter lead times in China. Quite frankly i have gone full Zammo on the Hopium so praying this means shorter lead times everywhere soon!

Reactions: Sparky750
If anybody collecting from Southampton has received a text from Tesla telling them the collection will take place at the Horizon Cruise terminal you can take it from me that it is incorrect! The collection portacabin (like a cruise terminal but a tad smaller) is along W Bay Road as shown here:
Screenshot 2022-08-19 at 14.17.19.png

The whole dock area is awash with MY and M3. I had the 1st collection of Q3!
There is a very busy line set up where the cars are washed down and any transport protections are removed.
They are then loaded on to transporters or taken to the Southampton delivery Centre.
Lots of transporters collecting.
A quick check at the shipping labels on the cars confirmed MORNING CHORUS and GLOVIS SUMMIT as the ships.

Just saw this. Shorter lead times in China. Quite frankly i have gone full Zammo on the Hopium so praying this means shorter lead times everywhere soon!

Fingers crossed, they now need bigger boats!

I doubt it would be from Glovis Challenger, probably a smaller RoRo servicing the neighbouring region. Wouldn't make sense to have empty spaces on a ship travelling all the way to Europe just to drop off cars on the way in Singapore.
Perhaps a fair point. I just did some quick research which may be flawed!

In June there were 125 Tesla new car registrations in Singapore.
It’s ~2500 miles from Shanghai to Singapore by sea (20% of the journey to the UK).
I could see it being feasible they just drop off 3% of the cars and avoid additional costs, for a ship that has to pass through anyway.
But I’m clearly no expert and have no idea what I’m talking about 😂

Source for Singapore reg:

Perhaps a fair point. I just did some quick research which may be flawed!

In June there were 125 Tesla new car registrations in Singapore.
It’s ~2500 miles from Shanghai to Singapore by sea (20% of the journey to the UK).
I could see it being feasible they just drop off 3% of the cars and avoid additional costs, for a ship that has to pass through anyway.
But I’m clearly no expert and have no idea what I’m talking about 😂

Source for Singapore reg:
It does make a lot of sense. Having a car in Singapore is the ultimate luxury. Permit and registration fees alone are worth almost the price of the car itself. And not including the very expensive taxes as well.
3% empty space on a RoRo is probably less than the cost of a full charter, even for the short SGH-SIN journey....

Reactions: Toblerone