Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning I took delivery of my Y MSM with 20s. I have to say, I know we hear nothing for months, but then all of a sudden the text communication is fantastic when delivery nears! So much so that my delivery was using AnyVan and i could track my driver, with a minute by minute countdown to arrival which made me feel like a child again on Christmas eve!

Initial feedback - delivery was seemless with a very pleasant handover. Car arrived with 52% charge and 30 miles on the clock. Extremely well presented inside and out, with no obvious gaps or scuffs anywhere to be seen. Someone else mentioned this too, but it feels more premium than when I test drove the car and the ride quality is great on the larger wheels - no concerns at all. Set up feels sporty but not rigid, and I actually prefer it to my Q7 as it brings back memories of my 525d M Sport! A couple of titles in the menu are showing in Chinese but hopefully that will update shortly once updated and my premium connectivity is showing as expired so on to Tesla about that. Apart from those, no other issues.

I asked my wife what we should name the car, she advised 'Bruno'. I said why's that, is it because the kids like Encanto? She said no, because now it's delivered you'll stop talking about Bruno constantly! Fair enough.

Anyway, the roller coaster does come to a fantastic end and it does seem worth it. This forum has been extremely helpful in building up the excitement, and actually just over 5 months from order to delivery isn't bad really considering the state of the world. Enjoy delivery day everyone and here's a couple of pics.
Bruno 2.jpg
Bruno 3.jpg

This morning I took delivery of my Y MSM with 20s. I have to say, I know we hear nothing for months, but then all of a sudden the text communication is fantastic when delivery nears! So much so that my delivery was using AnyVan and i could track my driver, with a minute by minute countdown to arrival which made me feel like a child again on Christmas eve!

Initial feedback - delivery was seemless with a very pleasant handover. Car arrived with 52% charge and 30 miles on the clock. Extremely well presented inside and out, with no obvious gaps or scuffs anywhere to be seen. Someone else mentioned this too, but it feels more premium than when I test drove the car and the ride quality is great on the larger wheels - no concerns at all. Set up feels sporty but not rigid, and I actually prefer it to my Q7 as it brings back memories of my 525d M Sport! A couple of titles in the menu are showing in Chinese but hopefully that will update shortly once updated and my premium connectivity is showing as expired so on to Tesla about that. Apart from those, no other issues.

I asked my wife what we should name the car, she advised 'Bruno'. I said why's that, is it because the kids like Encanto? She said no, because now it's delivered you'll stop talking about Bruno constantly! Fair enough.

Anyway, the roller coaster does come to a fantastic end and it does seem worth it. This forum has been extremely helpful in building up the excitement, and actually just over 5 months from order to delivery isn't bad really considering the state of the world. Enjoy delivery day everyone and here's a couple of pics.
View attachment 850230View attachment 850231
What a handsome vehicle, and a fine choice of spec :cool:. Congrats!

Reactions: MattYLR
72 is obviously the registration year (in 6 month intervals). The first two characters are a region code of where the car was registered, with AF being "Anglia - Peterborough". The final 3 characters are randomly generated.

I reckon it’s still on Sunrise - there are thousands of permutations of the last 3 letters. Those on the transporter were just registered at the same regional office.
Thanks every day is a school day! I knew about the 72 plate bit but the regional registration is news to me! So yes I will assume it is still on Sunrise.

Reactions: Toblerone

Am suffering from major wheel and paint colour envy. Should have spent the extra money! Will stick the Rimetrix on to at least have black wheel covers ( though obviously not as nice as the inductions) and I do like white on black...its just that there are so many white teslas out there already...

Am suffering from major wheel and paint colour envy. Should have spent the extra money! Will stick the Rimetrix on to at least have black wheel covers ( though obviously not as nice as the inductions) and I do like white on black...its just that there are so many white teslas out there already...
Weird thing is I see MSM all over the place and hardly any white!

I think this might be because I’m the only one round here to pay extra for paint 😂

Reactions: Sparky750
Picked mine up this morning from Bristol, great service from Toby helping out with some phone connection issues. I was first there, picking up my MSM on 20s.

Have done about 80 miles today and very happy. I do think the ride might be a touch better than my test drive. It’s certainly firm, but with reasonable damping. Pleased with the refinement, which was a worry coming from a very refined car previously.

It’s a great motorway car with directional stability that reminds me of previous BMWs.

47% charge and car well presented apart from a kick scuff on the door bin on the drivers side. Not reporting that as it will have some before long anyway.

Lots of rain today, lack of wiper stalk no issue.

Oh and my wife ran a colour survey on the cars waiting to be picked up. Six MSM, six white, two blue, two red, two black. All MY.

0293C9F3-7505-439D-A9E9-72F6248F68D6.jpeg
7B304687-84A2-49E7-A689-9038E3507ABD.jpeg
4A69C380-2DBA-4362-8ABB-D92354736C24.jpeg

Picked mine up this morning from Bristol, great service from Toby helping out with some phone connection issues. I was first there, picking up my MSM on 20s.

Have done about 80 miles today and very happy. I do think the ride might be a touch better than my test drive. It’s certainly firm, but with reasonable damping. Pleased with the refinement, which was a worry coming from a very refined car previously.

It’s a great motorway car with directional stability that reminds me of previous BMWs.

47% charge and car well presented apart from a kick scuff on the door bin on the drivers side. Not reporting that as it will have some before long anyway.

Lots of rain today, lack of wiper stalk no issue.

Oh and my wife ran a colour survey on the cars waiting to be picked up. Six MSM, six white, two blue, two red, two black. All MY.

View attachment 850368View attachment 850369View attachment 850370
Nice pics, Toby rang me today regarding my pick up on Saturday from Bristol. It is almost getting real now.

Love it with the black wheels. Can't wait until next week for my delivery. Seriously thinking about getting my 19" wheels powder coated black, not having wheel covers and accepting the 5% loss in efficiency

Reactions: QuanTim and MattYLR