Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Insurance story time. Feel free to scroll past this post!

Got a comparison quote for £695. Hastings direct were the cheapest and I’ve ultimately gone with them. When you add windscreen cover and courtesy car it becomes £730.

Call them up to add registration number and at that point the quote becomes £770 with the ‘missing details added’. FFS.

Bizarrely they offer 3 levels of cover and the premium cover includes breakdown which I don’t need, but was £2 cheaper than the mid-level cover.

I feel robbed and relieved at the same time. Maybe it’s just the feeling of money leaving my wallet…

Edit to say: my current insurer wanted £1500 to change car and then tried to charge me £50 to cancel (which I argued over and got reduced). Thieves the lot of them!
Inspired by your quote, I tried Hastings Direct. No quote online but when I spoke to the call Center lady (Harmony) she told me the quote was £3200. She said if I wanted to go through the details with her there would be a call Center charge of £12.50 to review the details. What did you put for the tracker?

Insurance story time. Feel free to scroll past this post!

Got a comparison quote for £695. Hastings direct were the cheapest and I’ve ultimately gone with them. When you add windscreen cover and courtesy car it becomes £730.

Call them up to add registration number and at that point the quote becomes £770 with the ‘missing details added’. FFS.

Bizarrely they offer 3 levels of cover and the premium cover includes breakdown which I don’t need, but was £2 cheaper than the mid-level cover.

I feel robbed and relieved at the same time. Maybe it’s just the feeling of money leaving my wallet…

Edit to say: my current insurer wanted £1500 to change car and then tried to charge me £50 to cancel (which I argued over and got reduced). Thieves the lot of them!
I had the same bloody thing (with Hastings too). She was very apologetic to be fair, and wasn't her fault. She was saying, would you like to take the time to think over night and discuss again tomorrow?
Like you, I was just relieved to get it out of the way in the end (while hating parting with the money! Mine was about £970 in the end).

Reactions: Toblerone
And last night I started creating a "quick" playlist of songs to play on the way back home after pickup.

Had to force myself to stop at 300 songs. That's individual songs - not albums. It is definitely not going to be a 20h 30m drive home...
Surely someone somewhere has crowdsourced a “Tesla Delivery Day” playlist on Spotify. This is the Internet, after all.

Inspired by your quote, I tried Hastings Direct. No quote online but when I spoke to the call Center lady (Harmony) she told me the quote was £3200. She said if I wanted to go through the details with her there would be a call Center charge of £12.50 to review the details. What did you put for the tracker?
Damn.
Comparison site didn’t ask about tracker but I went through the quote details on Hastings site, tracker was already at ‘No’ so I left it as is.

And last night I started creating a "quick" playlist of songs to play on the way back home after pickup.

Had to force myself to stop at 300 songs. That's individual songs - not albums. It is definitely not going to be a 20h 30m drive home...
I got a bit over-excited last week and shared a Spotify playlist with my wife and 2 sons to all collaborate on called 'Teslaaaaa' - and now it's full of Zelda theme tune songs and all sorts. I regret the choice already lol

I had the same bloody thing (with Hastings too). She was very apologetic to be fair, and wasn't her fault. She was saying, would you like to take the time to think over night and discuss again tomorrow?
Like you, I was just relieved to get it out of the way in the end (while hating parting with the money! Mine was about £970 in the end).
I ‘liked’ your post, but just so you know I hated it 😉

Reactions: _Dave_
1662990125264.gif

There was this thread. I think they did create a Spotify playlist for the suggestions.
My suggestion was a little "tongue in cheek"

Reactions: Utumno
in the process [if it goes through] of cancelling the blue and changing to black. there are ample stock cars in black and white on route this month. if the change goes through, delivery to be end of September. otherwise Dec-Feb again and stick with blue.

Just had the dreaded text. Due to the BH on Monday, my delivery has been cancelled and will have to be rescheduled. On the phone now trying to sort this.😭
Just got through............. they can fit me in Saturday- WICKED! 😁
I literally was on the phone 45 minutes ago and they said they were still working out what was happening and mine was still scheduled but that could change and they would let me know 🤷🏻‍♂️

Misses got a call this lunchtime to reschedule her collection which was due 30/09 at NEC. Anyhow, they said they aren't planning on doing any collections anymore on this day (too busy counting the Q3 cash...) so we moved it forward 24h to 29/09.

Again, only options available were anytime 28 or 29. Earliest possible was 4:30pm on 27th just after arrival so cutting it fine. They weren't to keen on that time but would have accommodated if we insisted.

Both already made work plans around original collection date so 29th it is👍

At least we know it's pretty much a certainty now, barring it falling off the unloading ramp/transporter etc 😂😂

Also, according to the TA on the phone, nothing to sign whatsover regarding docs at this point. Deposit paid so they don't want or need anything else apparently, I was expecting at least one thing to sign. Apparently not🤷‍♂️. It will just be the handover docs I now imagine, as last time when collecting on the day.