Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a message from WDC that the car would be delivered between 9am and 1pm, it's 15.21 and no further text, Tesla say it can be any time upto 8pm tonight? Anyone else have experience of this please?
I think you can text them back. Hope you can get your car down your drive ok as the dimensions seemed quite tight. Looking forward to seeing yours as mine is same spec and I pick up in 48hours. Just spotted neural network’s car and I feel we all made the right choice. Have fun and best wishes.

Reactions: ElsDee
I think you can text them back. Hope you can get your car down your drive ok as the dimensions seemed quite tight. Looking forward to seeing yours as mine is same spec and I pick up in 48hours. Just spotted neural network’s car and I feel we all made the right choice. Have fun and best wishes.
You cannot text back, but i emailed them on [email protected] and got a reply saying he has confirmed he is at the Tesla compound currently collecting the vehicle to bring to you.

Thanks Bob - I think I am with you. How 'locked' is the finance aspect - I have no idea how much deposit I will have next year but would be good to at least secure the current APR?

WKUK - Haha yes I think so. Its all very personal when it comes to colour, I know - but MSM with those black wheels and black detailing does it for me!

Thanks Bob - I think I am with you. How 'locked' is the finance aspect - I have no idea how much deposit I will have next year but would be good to at least secure the current APR?

WKUK - Haha yes I think so. Its all very personal when it comes to colour, I know - but MSM with those black wheels and black detailing does it for me!
My impression is that they make an 'offer' based on what you put in the calculator on their website. And if you need to amend it after then it will be at the current rate. So I think best to take a punt on what you will have and lock in the current 5.9% before it goes up any higher. Or you might be at 7 or even 8% when it gets around to it...

You cannot text back, but i emailed them on [email protected] and got a reply saying he has confirmed he is at the Tesla compound currently collecting the vehicle to bring to you.
I feel your pain ElsDee, I had a 2pm-6pm WDC slot last Wednesday but only had an actual phone call approx. 5pm stating it would be 8.30pm delivery. I was happy I then I had a number to hassle if need be, but they did indeed turn up at 8.30 on the dot! But I too did the search for a contact number before that point and found nothing. Sorry that’s not much help, but just hold on for the phone call!

I would put the minimum deposit you can be sure of. If you have extra money come time of delivery, then you can prepay to reduce the future instalments thereby saving interest @5.9%. Check the finance terms or call Tesla to clarify

Reactions: Mark V2
I've ordered a Tesla MYLR via my company on 31/08 - EDD is 28/02/23 however the website now says Oct-Nov delivery. As it's a company car scheme I don't have a direct Tesla login to see my delivery estimate. Do you think I'll get the vehicle in next two months or will I have to wait until Feb? Tesla have text me my RN number but I have nowhere to check where I'd find this. Anyone have any advice?
Any thoughts team?

Prediction: MYLR will go to £61090 at the weekend and interest rate will go to 7.5 to maintain the dollar income stream for Tesla. When it does, on top of the mortgage rates which many will never have encountered (let alone the 15% some of us paid in the early 90s), the waiting times will drop markedly. When the Q3 gang ordered in march/April/early May it seemed that FOMO and queue times were growing. Rolex free-market values have dived and so it looks like the uk is heading for a spectacularly rough period. Still glad I bought the MY as you can’t put a price on fun.

I know people may think I am mentally deficient however I have told Tesla I do not want the cancellation they have offered me. It is a 401 VIN which is prior to the Shanghai shutdown, Tesla confirmed it was a June 30th build date which would make it minus the suspension changes, extra airbag and boot sealing strip.
Looks like I am back waiting to see if Tesla offer me another, which I doubt they will, or if they will make me wait until Nov/Dec as per my current EDD?

Oh FFS, I’ve just been called and told that collection is in Manchester after all

Weirdly the guy on the phone who said he was stood next to the car confirmed I’d be getting a North East reg number. No idea how they’ve managed to register over here instead of over there
****ing hell, turns out they cocked up the reg number so they’ve had to push me back to Wednesday while they sort out the correct reg and finance. Not happy, especially as I’ve already booked my train tickets to Manchester and updated my insurance with the now incorrect reg number

I know people may think I am mentally deficient however I have told Tesla I do not want the cancellation they have offered me. It is a 401 VIN which is prior to the Shanghai shutdown, Tesla confirmed it was a June 30th build date which would make it minus the suspension changes, extra airbag and boot sealing strip.
Looks like I am back waiting to see if Tesla offer me another, which I doubt they will, or if they will make me wait until Nov/Dec as per my current EDD?
Not sure there has been any confirmation of suspension changes? I know there have been a few new owner reports of improvements vs test drive but nothing " official".

I am collecting mine tomorrow so am of course hopeful that there have been improvements!