Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forza took over the finance a few days ago. Today Katie came back to me saying the rate is now 5.4% instead of 4.9% agreed previously. She says it is because BOE has increased the rate. Forza know I have nowhere to go now as I have lost my rate with Tesla and am not in a position to arrange other finance because of the hard search that they have conducted on my account. Therefore they have got me over the barrel. Extremely angry with them. Don’t think I have any other choice but to accept the increased rate. Just wanted to let other members know, in case they are considering moving from Tesla to Forza.
Just wanted to let everyone know that I moved my purchase to a salary sacrifice scheme. As soon as Tesla informed Forza about my intention to move, Katie came back to say that Forza is able to offer the rate of 4.9%. So anyone who has previously agreed 4.9% with Forza and are now being told a different rate, please do not accept the increased rate. Tell Forza that they should honour the earlier rate. Just wanted to share this information with fellow TMC members.

One more sleep to go.... Tesla advice from their delivery day page is to get a taxi from Birmingham Intl rail station rather than try and walk through the concourse when an event is on. Frankly not inclined to do so, and happy to walk, but wondered if anyone has had experience of a collection during an event (it's the packaging show tmrw).....?

Reactions: Toblerone
One more sleep to go.... Tesla advice from their delivery day page is to get a taxi from Birmingham Intl rail station rather than try and walk through the concourse when an event is on. Frankly not inclined to do so, and happy to walk, but wondered if anyone has had experience of a collection during an event (it's the packaging show tmrw).....?
One more sleep for me too. Being home delivered by WDC. Just received a text indicating my slot is between 11:00 - 15:00.

Reactions: ME_UK
I had that exact experience on Friday, its fine, just walk. There was a wedding show, and some exercise thing, big crowds. You're aiming for hall 16, I had to follow signs initially for 12 as I didn't find it super well signposted.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Just take the skyway from the train station to Hall 16 which is the big white tent structure outside.

Yikes, was just about to book train tickets to Manchester for my collection only to realise they were able to move my collection to Newcastle where I was originally meant to collect. Also got a new invoice with the same VIN but a North East reg number
Oh FFS, I’ve just been called and told that collection is in Manchester after all

Weirdly the guy on the phone who said he was stood next to the car confirmed I’d be getting a North East reg number. No idea how they’ve managed to register over here instead of over there

Overall Width (including mirrors)
Overall Width (including folded mirrors)
Overall Width (excluding mirrors)
83.8 in
77.9 in
75.6 in

The above table is from Tesla owners manual. I have 7 ft width restriction on the way to my friends house. I find it difficult with my current Prius+. Not going to chance it with the Tesla.
Yeah that’s a gap that even the best credit card isn’t going to accept…

Collected from Bluewater 9.20am Saturday after a long delay getting over the bridge. Still squeezed into the allocated time slot despite some stress. Signposting at Bluewater itself was pretty rubbish. Could really sort that out given the volumes coming in this month

Car is an absolute beaut and I could not be happier. No squeaks, rattles or annoyances. Paint and panels all seem good, although the car was pretty grubby from transport and storage

One thing to note for others. The ground floor of the Bluewater multi-story it pretty gloomy at 9am and it was really not possible to inspect the paintwork or bodywork with any seriousness until we were outside and on our way back home. Didn't really matter much to me but if you want to do that onsite some artificial light would be needed

Congrats to all new rivers. There were a few of us MY 72ers in the queue for the tunnel coming back 👍

Newbie here - this forum is a fantastic resource, including 700 odd pages of this thread alone!

I'm looking to order a MYLR for March delivery (new 23 plate) but seems I need to wait until new year to place the order (Tesla site suggesting October/November delivery at the moment which seems lightning fast compared to VW etc.

I've ordered a Tesla MYLR via my company on 31/08 - EDD is 28/02/23 however the website now says Oct-Nov delivery. As it's a company car scheme I don't have a direct Tesla login to see my delivery estimate. Do you think I'll get the vehicle in next two months or will I have to wait until Feb? Tesla have text me my RN number but I have nowhere to check where I'd find this. Anyone have any advice?

Newbie here - this forum is a fantastic resource, including 700 odd pages of this thread alone!

I'm looking to order a MYLR for March delivery (new 23 plate) but seems I need to wait until new year to place the order (Tesla site suggesting October/November delivery at the moment which seems lightning fast compared to VW etc.
You’ll probably kick yourself when your new year order becomes an end of year or maybe even 2024 delivery. The estimates on the websites are often wrong. Tesla are still yet to fulfil some orders from February of this year - for Model Y’s its end of May orders currently being fulfilled.

And we’re expecting price increases any time soon because of the economic change happening.

Of course at the end of the day, all depends on whether that 23 plate matters more.

Reactions: robmcm
Thanks for the response ROTA - its not really the plate but March would be a good time for me to change cars due to a few reasons. Do you know what happens if you order and the car comes too soon?

I'm happy to order now as they only want £200 down.
You can contact Tesla to delay apparently.

I’d book it in now, with the £ taking a battering I’d expect another price rise soon alone with ever increasing interest rates. So far Tesla have always honoured prices

OK thanks for that - I will try giving them a call.

Spec would be MSM with the black 20" 'induction' wheels, black interior, as that just seems to look right to me.
You should order now to lock in price and finance rate but you can keep the spec open for a spell and then switch colour and wheels in a month or 2 using the app. If allocated a car for Q4 you can delay and be more certain to get in Q1 2023 (probably march). Finance rate and/or price will likely shift later this week when September is done and it’s only going to keep going one way with the Downing Street amateurs in charge now (not a political point but just fact in my view). There might be another rise before New Year. In my case (maximum deposit over 4 years pcp) my car would now be £71/m more if ordered today. Even the RWD model would cost more than my LR. So, £200 deposit is a small price to pay to avoid steeper costs coming down the track.

Thanks for that Bob - so you suggest ordering another colour, presumably at the same cost (say the blue) and not going for the larger wheels but changing them both later (to my MSM/20" preference)?
No, order what’s in your heart with the knowledge that you can change it if you prefer something else before you lock down your preferred arrangement (cash, pcp or hp) in a month or 2. If you change spec to higher or lower cost items this will be reflected in your deal but will be based on prices when you placed your order. Note that once you’ve locked down your finance arrangement, you will not be able to change spec on the app anymore but will need to contact Tesla direct to do it as this may alter your payment terms. Hope this is clear. FWIW, I ordered MSM, black with 19s but swithered over changing to white and also red but in the end I stuck to my original spec and locked it down within 3 weeks of ordering. I pick it up in 48hours!