Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still loving my new Y - but looks like some of the newer builds have carpeted C pillars to remove the seatbelt buckle rattle when the rear seats are not reclined. Wondering if any of the UK deliveries have this? In the meantime some black felt tape helps....
Cars delivered in September from Shanghai don’t have it. Texas & Berlin cars do have it.

In any case my rear seatbelts don’t rattle, as they rest against the seat. If they cause issues you can tuck them in or apply (any colour) felt tape.

Reactions: Utumno
Cars delivered in September from Shanghai don’t have it. Texas & Berlin cars do have it.

In any case my rear seatbelts don’t rattle, as they rest against the seat. If they cause issues you can tuck them in or apply (any colour) felt tape.
The back seatbelts do rattle if the seat is in the 'upright' position. They slip off the seat, round the corner and lodge themselves edgeways. It's simple to straighten them up and rest the 'loop' of seatbelt fabric against the plastic, but trying to remember to check before a journey is tough - and the it's 'rattle, rattle, rattle' on some road surfaces.

You are right though, and a near invisible adhesive black felt tape addition solves the issue (as does travelling with seats reclined).

Has anyone found a replacement part or decent cover for the vent under the front seats? It appears to have been made by Blue Peter out of the bottom of a plastic food container, and stretching feet under I suspect is likely to kill it off......!
Something like this? (Out of stock right now, but I guess other suppliers might have similar)

Something like this? (Out of stock right now, but I guess other suppliers might have similar)
Better than what is there, and I suspect the best on offer :) Thanks! I've never seen a cheaper piece of plastic, no idea what they were thinking! :)

Reactions: MashinBenzin

Weirdly, my 448 VIN doesn't have carpeted pillars? Don't have any seat belt rattles, mind.

I've been off here for a while due to work, etc. (catching up from all those lost hours hanging out on this forum pre-delivery hahaha). Every now and then I come into the office and sit next to the window overlooking the Canary Wharf streets. My GOD there's literally another Tesla every 7 minutes, literally! New Ys, new 3s, old-ish Ys, old 3s, S's, X's - the whole lot.

And I must say, when you look down on them - from a high angle - they really do have such a lovely raindrop shape. Also looks very sports car like compared to other cars "normal" cars - they all look so boxy compared.

Anyway, still can't believe I have my OWN one sitting at home :D

Weirdly, my 448 VIN doesn't have carpeted pillars? Don't have any seat belt rattles, mind.

:D

Was your car build in Texas or Berlin? ( which would be wierd)? if not then its not wierd at all its the same as all the rest

I've been off here for a while due to work, etc. (catching up from all those lost hours hanging out on this forum pre-delivery hahaha). Every now and then I come into the office and sit next to the window overlooking the Canary Wharf streets. My GOD there's literally another Tesla every 7 minutes, literally! New Ys, new 3s, old-ish Ys, old 3s, S's, X's - the whole lot.

And I must say, when you look down on them - from a high angle - they really do have such a lovely raindrop shape. Also looks very sports car like compared to other cars "normal" cars - they all look so boxy compared.

Anyway, still can't believe I have my OWN one sitting at home :D
Having seen a ton of pics and videos, I was underwhelmed by the looks. Then I saw a MY from the driving seat of my old Discovery and followed it for a while. From that angle, I thought it was a great looking car.

I like the rear, can live with the side profile, but the front is pretty grim if you take in the whole top hat effect of the glass (windscreen) on top of the nose - the ratios of glass to metal/plastic are just plain wrong from a design perspective.

But the reason it’s such a bloody good package is very much related to the looks. Much like my old Discovery, they’ve taken the practical car and put the bodywork around it. I like this functional approach. The inverse in the Land Rover world is the Defender, same size as the Disco, looks so much better, tiny inside and small boot by comparison.

There isn’t really an inverse in the Tesla world, every model nails maximum practicality for the size and segment, perhaps the X struggles the most - it’s pretty big for the space it carries.

Reactions: ME_UK
An answer to all the rattle worriers. Simply fit a couple of child seats and you won’t notice car rattles above the cacophony (occupied cacophony differs from unoccupied cacophony).

I took the seats out of my Discovery for a week before I sold it and was astonished to be reminded of what a library it was vs. the rattle fest with seats fitted.

My Tesla will rattle for a few years yet…

This discussion makes me wonder how many of us traded our Discoveries for Model Y's. We went from a Model 3 + Discovery to Fiat 500e and Model Y.........I agree, there is an element of practical classic present in the MY that was also in the Disco. I'm not sure anything else on the market would have done the trick....

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Was your car build in Texas or Berlin? ( which would be wierd)? if not then its not wierd at all its the same as all the rest
oh duuh, that's my bad. I thought the consensus was that the builds from Shanghai had them. I'm not too bothered about it though since I haven't heard any rattle. My cracked window though... it's like having a shiny new iPhone that you drop straight away and have to live with looking at it every day :(

This discussion makes me wonder how many of us traded our Discoveries for Model Y's. We went from a Model 3 + Discovery to Fiat 500e and Model Y.........I agree, there is an element of practical classic present in the MY that was also in the Disco. I'm not sure anything else on the market would have done the trick....
From previous conversations it seems most Tesla owners were previously BMW owners. I myself will be giving my BMW 218i M Sport to my wife and gaining the MY as my daily driver

Same thinking. There was nothing out there to replace the Disco as a family car without serious compromise - the MY does a good job both in total boot space (including underfloor and trunk) and front and second row leg room.

From previous conversations it seems most Tesla owners were previously BMW owners. I myself will be giving my BMW 218i M Sport to my wife and gaining the MY as my daily driver
There’s a few of us on here from the bimmerpost forum. I was there from my days of having a 320d and then 440i, and subsequently telling them about how much better the Land Rover was whilst dodging reliability slurs 😁