Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am, I ordered on the 8th September. White/black interiors and 20’s, EDD is 14-30 December and no vin just yet but I haven’t checked in the source for a week or so
That EDD won’t have a hidden VIN I’m afraid. With a hidden VIN comes an EDD for just after a boat docks… and the shoots currently sailing all dock this month I’m afraid.

We’ve got to hold tight for now!

Reactions: Russty
Nope. The LR AWD was €73k since early this year, then the RWD became availabe for €65k early last month. The ranger who was with me a few days before gave me the heads up on it funnily enough. He also predicted it would get the SEAI grant, but he got that wrong. Initially. Until Friday 14th October 2022 when the price dropped to €53k overnight.
I'm really struggling to understand what you've been looking at

Nov 21 -63k

Nov21.png

July 22

july.png

Which is the price today for a LR.

If they were 73k during that time then it doesn't appear to have been captured by wayback machine and it doesn't appear to fit with any other countrys price changes (which have only gone up over time except for some recent drops in China). Either way, nothing to do with Brexit or Berlin.

The UK have had a drop of MY RWD appear in new inventory today, all of them made in China. France has also had a large number appear - also all made in China. I've not bothered looking at other countries but I am pretty confident that if they have a MY RWD it will be made in China

Reactions: Redbaron73
They told me exactly the same thing, I got my RN number from Tesla on 17th June, bit worrying as they said it was odd to be showing as 'pending' and the company I ordered through said exactly the same thing. Just waiting for them to get it resolved and hopefully confirm it's not delayed my order. What did your lease company say?
I think it’s a lease company issue, I had something similar when I ordered mine via Octopus in June. I was phoning in August and Tesla told me the order was on hold till Nov. I eventually managed to get the hold taken off between the lease co and Tesla (at least that’s what they told me). Took a bit of back and forth as lease co said they didn’t know anything about it. Recently when I spoke to Tesla I was told that lease companies do give Tesla instructions to deliver at certain times and this can affect deliveries and lead times. Sounds to me like your lease company may have added a delivery instruction to the order.

Reactions: Links77
Guys,

Might be a vin shower from RCC Europe. My EDD just changed from 04 Dec - 20 Dec to 15 Nov - 30 Nov and I now have a hidden Vin: LRWYHCEK2PC547XXX

Ordered 28 June MY W/B/20s
Seen a few dropping…. Hopefully lots more to come! Although I struggle to see how a shower can be drawn out so given my lack of EDD change I’ll resign myself to waiting a few more boats! Perhaps these are cancellations from other boats such as Summit? Given the “schedule your collection” texts have gone out, one would expect cancellations to begin now ish…

We got our VIN finally LRWYHCEKXPC577XXX. Seeing a lot of people having VINs allocated over the last few days was making me think we weren’t going to make the Q4 train, although our EDD has been solidly between 24 Nov - 9 Dec.

MYLR - MSM/B/19” - ordered 29 June, pick up: Brent Cross

We got our VIN finally LRWYHCEKXPC577XXX. Seeing a lot of people having VINs allocated over the last few days was making me think we weren’t going to make the Q4 train, although our EDD has been solidly between 24 Nov - 9 Dec.

MYLR - MSM/B/19” - ordered 29 June, pick up: Brent Cross
Does anyone know why our VIN has an X before PC and everyone else has a number?

Nov 21 -63k

View attachment 870280

July 22

View attachment 870282

If they were 73k during that time then it doesn't appear to have been captured by wayback machine and it doesn't appear to fit with any other countrys price changes (which have only gone up over time except for some recent drops in China). Either way, nothing to do with Brexit or Berlin.

The UK have had a drop of MY RWD appear in new inventory today, all of them made in China. France has also had a large number appear - also all made in China. I've not bothered looking at other countries but I am pretty confident that if they have a MY RWD it will be made in China
You don't seem to be aware of the way Tesla pricing works and of the Irish tax structure. Which is understandable, why would you. But that alone is a good enough reason that my post should have been left alone as a separate thread

The LR is still €73k:

1667422869826.png

Attachments

• 1667421109904.png
    1667421109904.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I've just had another look at this, there wasn't a 12k price drop in Ireland, it was the introduction of the RWD model which is cheaper than LR everywhere due to a smaller battery and only one motor. We had the same in the UK.

It has nothing to do with the EU and 10% import duty.
There was indeed a €12k price drop in Ireland on Friday 14th October.

The MY RWD was available to order at €65k. Then Tesla reduced the price which meant it qualified for our local EV Grant (€5k) which brought the price down to €52,900.

Many people ordered at the €65k price which was the cheapest entry into a MY in Ireland but on the reductions they were giving links to accept the new price.

Overnight the price dropped without warning!

Last edited:
Reactions: unkel

Nov 21 -63k
July 22

You’re quoting teslas magical price before dealer charges and their savings BS.

Here’s the MY LR on the road price in Ireland as of right now.

E25B2861-3FBB-4274-AADF-DC8AC80B3F9D.jpeg

Last edited:
You’re quoting teslas magical price before dealer charges and their savings BS.

Here’s the MY LR on the road price in Ireland as of right now.View attachment 870377View attachment 870377
I’m not, it’s the same price in the same place on the screen. You have a hefty new car registration fee that bumps up the price on both the old and the new, and either way, you claimed there was a 12k reduction and there isn’t one. The reason the RWD is so much cheaper is because there’s a gov grant of 5k euro which more than offsets the new car tax.

Pick each car, click as if you’re going to buy, you’ll get a breakdown of the costs and grants.

RWD

AEFB3B14-5B1E-4500-843E-7BF76E5CD1A6.png

LR

5AC135FB-E415-4EB1-B51F-34E1AA215D60.png