Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm. Some MYPs have dropped into inventory. I'm still waiting for my VIN on the MYLR but even after ordering the LR was pondering if I should have just ordered the performance.

What to do.....
Probably teaching you to suck eggs but weigh up what you want/need and the amount of time in weeks/months waiting versus x number of years with a car that was maybe second best but was available sooner. I was tempted too but decided I can't be too far off getting delivery now. Hang in there!!!

Reactions: deeqs
It amazes me too. My exact order is currently available in inventory but strangely enough all the cars are already linked to locations. Could it be Tesla are playing the numbers game here. If we have all paid a deposit and are waiting in a queue then we have shown our hand as Tesla fan boys. The inventory options give opportunist and impulsive buyers a quick option to purchase - those that otherwise may not wait. In the end Tesla sales increase.

I really wish a Tesla insider would explain how they operate!
Ditto. Cannot fathom out how they allocate cars puzzling to say the least.

Ditto. Cannot fathom out how they allocate cars
1667497523994.png

It amazes me too. My exact order is currently available in inventory but strangely enough all the cars are already linked to locations. Could it be Tesla are playing the numbers game here. If we have all paid a deposit and are waiting in a queue then we have shown our hand as Tesla fan boys. The inventory options give opportunist and impulsive buyers a quick option to purchase - those that otherwise may not wait. In the end Tesla sales increase.

I really wish a Tesla insider would explain how they operate!
My theory is that Tesla don’t care for customers who placed their order before the price hike(s).

They want to sell as many Tesla’s as they can at the “New” price to satisfy their Q4 earnings, hence why inventory stock has popped up before they even give waiting customers first dibs.

But of course, it’s just a theory.

My theory is that Tesla don’t care for customers who placed their order before the price hike(s).

They want to sell as many Tesla’s as they can at the “New” price to satisfy their Q4 earnings, hence why inventory stock has popped up before they even give waiting customers first dibs.

But of course, it’s just a theory.
My order is July, so current price. Car of exact same spec in inventory for same price as my order. You would think it would match. Only difference is location. But given that these cars are not here yet I cannot see as that would matter.

Back when I ordered my Model 3 early 2020 it was common for Tesla to schedule by full car transporter loads to any given SC so a particular car configuration may not end up going to the first waiting customer but to someone further down the queue. Given the volumes of cars they sell now I cannot see that being much of an issue any more but as with most things related to Tesla we never understand why they do what they do. For anyone new to the brand I'm afraid you may end up just living with numerous frustrations like this throughout your ownership.

As an example, I have an earlier 2021 order for a red/black/induction YLR and informed them well in advance that I would not be in the UK until end November, also that I cannot receive Android texts whilst overseas. Please schedule December.

This week I have received several requests by email to schedule collection 24-26 November as it's been VIN matched. Phone calls to various Tesla advisors on four consecutive days have achieved nothing, I still keep getting a reminder to book one of those dates and it seems that nobody can interrupt their rigidly automated process. I have also offered to collect within 7 days of the first date ie 1st December (their maximum allowable delay) but so far nothing. I fully expect to be unmatched at this rate but at least I continue to enjoy the 3LR for as long as it takes - it was fault free from new, has been incredible & I will actually be quite sad to sell it after/if I eventually get the Y.

Sure no problem. I am paying cash.
snap.
and I know a lot of people who have had a car in front of me . I've had a word with a friend who works in the motor trade and it seems if you pay cash or a private loan to fund a tesla you are put down the matching list ..
tesla match people whom are taking tesla pcp or finance out FIRST as they are making more money than cash paying buyers ...and I've got to say it looks very true to what I've been told .I ordered 5th June and I know 6or 7 people personaly that ordered after me 2 with the same spec and got cars in sept .ordered end of July..

snap.
and I know a lot of people who have had a car in front of me . I've had a word with a friend who works in the motor trade and it seems if you pay cash or a private loan to fund a tesla you are put down the matching list ..
tesla match people whom are taking tesla pcp or finance out FIRST as they are making more money than cash paying buyers ...and I've got to say it looks very true to what I've been told .I ordered 5th June and I know 6or 7 people personaly that ordered after me 2 with the same spec and got cars in sept .ordered end of July..
I may as well opt for a new one from inventory (exact same spec) if it is going to be a while until I get one allocated. Decisions decisions.

Reactions: aldo286
I may as well opt for a new one from inventory (exact same spec) if it is going to be a while until I get one allocated. Decisions decisions.
I think tesla are pissing a lot of people off myself included, and I'm not sure if I would purchase another tesla after I have found out that you if you pay cash you are penalised as tesla don't make as much money out of the buyer 🤔🤔🤔

We have ordered the same thing, just a month apart (me 31/08). Did they say all the texts have been sent out for those ships or are they still ongoing?

IE the three ships are still being allocated and texts sent out? Or have all three ships been allocated and it all comes down to the final ship... Want to know if I should keep frantically checking my text messages 😂
From my understanding messages will be sent till 28/11 for this year deliveries - and it's 1 more ship to be loaded over next few days. Once loaded - the cars will be allocated while at sea - lucky ones will get messages sent at that time. So happy waiting!!!

snap.
That probably explains why my May order will only be with me (hopefully) in Dec while others who ordered the exact same spec after me are already driving their cars...

Reactions: aldo286
snap.
I expect it’s more to do with interest rates changing and Tesla not wanting to have to up the advertised finance rates. A cash buyer is pretty well protected compared to a finance buyer who potentially won’t be able to afford increased monthly payments. It’s totally not right but I can see why they would do it. It also means you can pounce should you see a car in the inventory 💪🏽

I expect it’s more to do with interest rates changing and Tesla not wanting to have to up the advertised finance rates. A cash buyer is pretty well protected compared to a finance buyer who potentially won’t be able to afford increased monthly payments. It’s totally not right but I can see why they would do it. It also means you can pounce should you see a car in the inventory 💪🏽
yeah i can see why they are doing it
its business ...but very unfair as you say .if I had known I would have taken it out on finance and paid it off after a few days and I would have had a car aug/sept. that's what happened with people i know but they havnt paid it off .

Reactions: SteelmanMFC
its business ...but very unfair as you say .if I had known I would have taken it out on finance and paid it off after a few days and I would have had a car aug/sept. that's what happened with people i know but they havnt paid it off .
I concur. Had I known this at point of order then I would have gone with finance and cleared it shortly after delivery.

Morning Cello hopefully passes Taiwan at some point today, so we may be allocated a VIN from that. 🙂

My order was placed through a lease company on the 8th May and I’m told my delivery date is the end November so not sure it makes a huge difference how Tesla get their money in relation to the delivery date. The only difference I can see is the model and spec that dictates the delivery date. Mine is a MY LRBB 20”

My order was placed through a lease company on the 8th May and I’m told my delivery date is the end November so not sure it makes a huge difference how Tesla get their money in relation to the delivery date. The only difference I can see is the model and spec that dictates the delivery date. Mine is a MY LRBB 20”
same thing again. its not tesla making the money .its the leasing company so you will get put on the back burner like people paying cash..that's what the leasing company take them in bulk so they can deliver them straight away there try to forecast how many they will sell 🤔. obviously they will sell more than they have bought in .thus why you have been waiting