Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW- I spoke to Tesla yesterday. The guy confirmed by MY has no USS, said it would come with upgraded cameras and solely use Tesla Vision but went onto say some features are either limited or not functional at the moment until a software update comes out. Delivery 1st Dec. Work lease scheme. LRWYHCEKXPC552***
Ordered mid May.

Reactions: Bal83
FWIW- I spoke to Tesla yesterday. The guy confirmed by MY has no USS, said it would come with upgraded cameras and solely use Tesla Vision but went onto say some features are either limited or not functional at the moment until a software update comes out. Delivery 1st Dec. Work lease scheme. LRWYHCEKXPC552***
Ordered mid May.
552 here as well and also told no USS. But no message from them regarding no USS either and others have been told if they don't have USS they will get a message confirming this. Maybe still to be sent out???

552 here as well and also told no USS. But no message from them regarding no USS either and others have been told if they don't have USS they will get a message confirming this. Maybe still to be sent out???
I never received an email confirming no USS. I’m guessing as it’s a lease the email would have gone to them. I have seen someone with a private order post the email communication ( which is why I called to double check). The guy did say he could text me the info but all what he read out to me over the phone was available on their support page.

This is what I got in the text…

TESLA UPDATE

For a short period of time during this transition, Tesla Vision vehicles that are not equipped with USS will be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, including:

Park Assist: alerts you of surrounding objects when the vehicle is traveling <5 mph.
Autopark: automatically maneuvers into parallel or perpendicular parking spaces.
Summon: manually moves your vehicle forward or in reverse via the Tesla app.
Smart Summon: navigates your vehicle to your location or location of your choice via the Tesla app.

I never received an email confirming no USS. I’m guessing as it’s a lease the email would have gone to them. I have seen someone with a private order post the email communication ( which is why I called to double check). The guy did say he could text me the info but all what he read out to me over the phone was available on their support page.

This is what I got in the text…

TESLA UPDATE

For a short period of time during this transition, Tesla Vision vehicles that are not equipped with USS will be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, including:

Park Assist: alerts you of surrounding objects when the vehicle is traveling <5 mph.
Autopark: automatically maneuvers into parallel or perpendicular parking spaces.
Summon: manually moves your vehicle forward or in reverse via the Tesla app.
Smart Summon: navigates your vehicle to your location or location of your choice via the Tesla app.
Direct order here and no USS message. Live chat just kept pointing me toward the support page and when I asked about the cameras all he said was it would have the latest cameras available. Which doesn't tell me anything if the upgraded cameras weren't available when my car was built.

Last edited:
Very strange isn’t it. The whole process is a new to me as I’ve never ordered a brand new car before. 😀… when I did ask about the USS he did say to me “ let me just check for you” and then about a minute later said I can see the vehicle has no USS on it and then went on to explain the features that are currently restricted or not is use, I then asked about the new cameras, can’t remember if I used new or upgraded but he replied straight away and said it would have the new camera’s. Whether that info was right in front of him or not I’ll never know, but he didn’t pause for a minute to look into it… who knows lol

What are the first 3 numbers of the final 6 numbers as I asked the question about USS and got a general text as the reply. My vin is in my signature and my build is 580. Thanks
I have since found out this car was built 02/10/2022. VIN was LRWYHCEK6PC544xxx - I reckon one of the last build with USS as elsewhere it was stated USS was dropped around 04/10.

I have put my order on hold so this car will get reallocated - lots of people would like USS - 👍

Very strange isn’t it. The whole process is a new to me as I’ve never ordered a brand new car before. 😀… when I did ask about the USS he did say to me “ let me just check for you” and then about a minute later said I can see the vehicle has no USS on it and then went on to explain the features that are currently restricted or not is use, I then asked about the new cameras, can’t remember if I used new or upgraded but he replied straight away and said it would have the new camera’s. Whether that info was right in front of him or not I’ll never know, but he didn’t pause for a minute to look into it… who knows lol
Same for me. I've always bought second hand or ex demo. I've got a friend waiting on a new range rover and I think it has its own issues. But nothing like parking sensors getting removed!!!!

Reactions: J81M
It’s funny that we are all desperate for new cameras (me included). That being said I haven’t purchased FSD or EAP so I’m not sure what use they will be. As I have said before, at least with USS you get beeps. I was parking my current car this morning in the rain and pitch black and the beeps were like a voice from heaven guiding me!

I wouldn’t like to be doing that without USS, even with a camera.

Reactions: H43lio and Bal83
It’s funny that we are all desperate for new cameras (me included). That being said I haven’t purchased FSD or EAP so I’m not sure what use they will be. As I have said before, at least with USS you get beeps. I was parking my current car this morning in the rain and pitch black and the beeps were like a voice from heaven guiding me!

I wouldn’t like to be doing that without USS, even with a camera.
I'm confident we'll get the new cameras on our 2023 (with USS) cars - just a gut feeling based on what I've been reading. We shall see, but yes, I'm glad I have USS.

What's really daft is that I bought a new Ford Focus Zetec (stock deal) in 2013, and it had everything I wanted but was missing USS, but still took it and still own it, however I have to use old school human vision and telepathic 3D modelling to park in tight spots which works flawlessly - how the tables are turning.

Right now there are no proven benefits in getting the upgraded cameras, but there are known disadvantages to not getting USS (loss of Park Assist, Autopark, Summon, Smart Summon, and of course all the beeps and visual range alerts), and no date in sight on if and when TV will supposedly make up for that.

Therefore I'm not sure why some of you would trade/pass(hold) a USS car for a no-USS but new cameras 2023 car???

Right now there are no proven benefits in getting the upgraded cameras, but there are known disadvantages to not getting USS (loss of Park Assist, Autopark, Summon, Smart Summon, and of course all the beeps and visual range alerts), and no date in sight on if and when TV will supposedly make up for that.

Therefore I'm not sure why some of you would trade/pass(hold) a USS car for a no-USS but new cameras 2023 car???
My thoughts exactly. I am happy to be proven wrong and if any company can do it, it will be Tesla.

I have had confirmation that my car will not come with USS.
So likely upgraded camera's

I never got the notification for USS removal. So strange!
Anyway - if this is the way Tesla decide to go, so be it.

Hopefully this doesnt detriment the driving experience too much as I really enjoy autopilot

Just for info:
MY RWD, Grey, White interior, Tow Hitch, Gemini wheels
On Tesla Loan
Ordered: 29 Oct
Schedule Delivery Date Email: 7 Nov
Dates Available for delivery: 19-24 Nov
Requested 5 Dec as out of country in Nov.
Tesla Delivery Hub Staines-upon-Thames

VIN still not showing in account but in source code is LRWYHCFS2PC564XXX

No idea if I do or don't have USS, new cameras, new rear seat, anything else new?