Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks normal, bit the longer ones.
Here's a comparison of the two types (his do look like the newer ones).

model-y-rear-seats.jpeg

I will be OK with either for my Model Y as we rarely use the rear seats in the existing Model 3. In August 4 of us had a three day road trip & the only thing the ladies have ever complained about in the back is the awkwardly recessed seat belt catches.

It's quite an experience so far. Wanted to enable pedestrian warning whilst moving fwd - can't find it. Wondering how the hell parking sensors are supposed to work with no USS! I certainly done trust anything right now!
Autosteer beta, flicked me off by saying that I wasn't slightly moving the wheel when told - but I was! Apart from that, autosteer was pretty impressive.

It's quite an experience so far. Wanted to enable pedestrian warning whilst moving fwd - can't find it. Wondering how the hell parking sensors are supposed to work with no USS! I certainly done trust anything right now!
Autosteer beta, flicked me off by saying that I wasn't slightly moving the wheel when told - but I was! Apart from that, autosteer was pretty impressive.
I don’t think the parking sensors will work at the moment until we get Tesla Vision and they have added the functionality. I get mine on Thursday too. I went for the 19 inch Gemini wheels as I thought it would be a better ride. Wish I went for the bigger ones now!

Reactions: Trashcan
I don’t think the parking sensors will work at the moment until we get Tesla Vision and they have added the functionality. I get mine on Thursday too. I went for the 19 inch Gemini wheels as I thought it would be a better ride. Wish I went for the bigger ones now!
Well, I've just driven on a crappy concrete road and it wasn't the most refined ride - but 'normal' roads were fine. You'll be fine with whatever you get on Thursday! I had red regret until today.

Reactions: BigMeikle
Get mine today (1400hrs) so will keep you posted!! Batch 554
Sorry it’s so late!! What a busy day however I can officially say I have a model y sat in my driveway currently on charge! Southampton pick-up at 1400. Me and the mrs went down and had a look round the shops was desperate to get the Tesla, thought at 1250 we would head towards the collection point to see how it was. I must say there are thousands of them sat there waiting for you all!! Anyway got to the collection location, greeted immediately and welcomed in, not a single other person there!! Was seen to straight away and taken to the car. Was asked how much I knew and how much detail I wanted the rep to go into. Absolutely outstanding service I must say!! Had plenty of time to look over it all and it was all perfect. Then headed to see family and show of, because who wouldn’t?! Then headed home. Connected the car up to charge and it wasn’t charging however a quick reset of the charger and all up and running, I then done the test charge with octopus and that was complete, it’s now scheduled tonight’s charge and we’re hopefully good to go! The car pristine condition, service outstanding and nothing can be faulted. 50% charge at collection, all charging leads etc present and parcel shelf. No USS, cameras are the “new ones” and will activate in due course. Please do ask any questions I will get back to you!

Sorry it’s so late!! What a busy day however I can officially say I have a model y sat in my driveway currently on charge! Southampton pick-up at 1400. Me and the mrs went down and had a look round the shops was desperate to get the Tesla, thought at 1250 we would head towards the collection point to see how it was. I must say there are thousands of them sat there waiting for you all!! Anyway got to the collection location, greeted immediately and welcomed in, not a single other person there!! Was seen to straight away and taken to the car. Was asked how much I knew and how much detail I wanted the rep to go into. Absolutely outstanding service I must say!! Had plenty of time to look over it all and it was all perfect. Then headed to see family and show of, because who wouldn’t?! Then headed home. Connected the car up to charge and it wasn’t charging however a quick reset of the charger and all up and running, I then done the test charge with octopus and that was complete, it’s now scheduled tonight’s charge and we’re hopefully good to go! The car pristine condition, service outstanding and nothing can be faulted. 50% charge at collection, all charging leads etc present and parcel shelf. No USS, cameras are the “new ones” and will activate in due course. Please do ask any questions I will get back to you!
Can you confirm what makes the cameras the ‘new ones’. Some pictures have been posted on the MYP forum today of collections and they look like the standard ones. Be interesting to see the difference. When you get a monent, could we get a pic please 🙂

Reactions: perry12396
Can you confirm what makes the cameras the ‘new ones’. Some pictures have been posted on the MYP forum today of collections and they look like the standard ones. Be interesting to see the difference. When you get a monent, could we get a pic please 🙂
Appreciate it’s just the surrounding bits that we obvious however I was told they are the newer ones! Hope that helps

Attachments

• 1C3EEA52-4D51-46BD-A185-A3C256352DBC.png
    1C3EEA52-4D51-46BD-A185-A3C256352DBC.png
    1 MB · Views: 42
  • 55EB4B00-EF5B-49B8-8CA2-CC8404E1514B.png
    55EB4B00-EF5B-49B8-8CA2-CC8404E1514B.png
    999.3 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: JamiePP
The Model Y performance pics from today without USS show the 2022 cameras. Maybe it’s just what’s in stock at the time. Very interesting
This is how Tesla roll. Whatever parts are in stock get fitted. There is no clean cut over to a new spec, just continuously evolving and sometimes regression. These latest cars also have the existing/old rear seat design, not with the lengthened seat base.