Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s strange that all the recent pickups have USS and VINs much lower than the earlier deliveries. Get mine tomorrow and it’s a 542 VIN.
I’m wondering if these were cancelled deliveries that just took time to reallocate new owners?? Either way, it’s an absolute result to get USS so very lucky indeed! I’ve had my car 2 weeks now and the cameras are often blocked/ covered in rubbish. The USS has saved me numerous times. Interested to see how Tesla vision overcomes this. Maybe Tesla will buy a car wash brand and give every Tesla free washes!

6000 free supercharger miles if you collect from yesterday to the 31st
Cheers for this - wasn't aware. Just confirming with tesla that the fact i'll be leasing doesn't effect this. Although the current chat representative i'm talking to has said they only last till Jan 2023 which can't be correct, no one will use 6000 miles in less then a month. Are there any details on the email of when they will expire?

Cheers for this - wasn't aware. Just confirming with tesla that the fact i'll be leasing doesn't effect this. Although the current chat representative i'm talking to has said they only last till Jan 2023 which can't be correct, no one will use 6000 miles in less then a month. Are there any details on the email of when they will expire?
The miles start in Jan 2023 and last 2 years

I have had the Model Y a week now and done a bit over 400 miles in it. I think overall I like it but there are a few things I wasn't that impressed with -

1. Paint work was a bit of a mess, looked like it had been washed at a public jet wash with a dirty brush. There is also a mark under the lacker on the passenger side.
  2. Headlights arent that bright (I dont think they are much better than the 2019 Model 3 I had)
  3. Heat pump is louder than i expected and a fair amount of vibration from it.
  4. Outside temp on the screen in the car is often wrong, it was showing -15c the other morning.
  5. No USS is really f'ing annoying, the rear camera is always covered in crap this time of year. Im so use to having them I have nearly hit a coupe of things. The front of the car isnt easy to see either.
  6. Yesterday noticed the drivers window wont auto up most of the time, it goes so far then goes back down. I tried a calibration I found online which has helped slightly.
  7. There was a vibration through the steering wheel the first time I drove it on the motorway but this seems to have faded away with more miles on it.
  8. Side mirrors seem an odd size and shape.
  9. Windscreen washers arent that great.

I hope Tesla Vision comes out soon and is a decent replacement for USS, although I would happily pay a Tesla service centre to fit USS to the car. I know others have said 'its made me more careful' etc but thats not the point, the car had them when I ordered it and they should not have removed them before the new feature was ready, I can see this being the new auto wiper problem, its going to take lots of updates to get right.

I really dont see how Tesla vision is going to work that well though, even if they are using all the cameras, the side ones cant see directly behind or in front of the car and right now the rear camera on my car is completely covered in dirt.

I spent nearly 4 hours at the service centre just for them to asses the paint, check the outside temp sensor and test drive to see if there was still vibration through the steering wheel and the car was exactly the same as when it arrived. Couldnt have the paint done because they pretty much need all day for it and there was no loan car available. I have to take it back on the 29th (as long as they have a loan car) for the paint work to be done, added temp sensor back to the list because its still not right and now the drivers side window issue.

There is still lots to like though, it just feels like these few things have spoiled it slightly after waiting a year to be back in a Tesla. I do love having the app again though for pre-heating and no more having to buy petrol :)

Reactions: GN99
I have had the Model Y a week now and done a bit over 400 miles in it. I think overall I like it but there are a few things I wasn't that impressed with -

1. Paint work was a bit of a mess, looked like it had been washed at a public jet wash with a dirty brush. There is also a mark under the lacker on the passenger side.
  2. Headlights arent that bright (I dont think they are much better than the 2019 Model 3 I had)
  3. Heat pump is louder than i expected and a fair amount of vibration from it.
  4. Outside temp on the screen in the car is often wrong, it was showing -15c the other morning.
  5. No USS is really f'ing annoying, the rear camera is always covered in crap this time of year. Im so use to having them I have nearly hit a coupe of things. The front of the car isnt easy to see either.
  6. Yesterday noticed the drivers window wont auto up most of the time, it goes so far then goes back down. I tried a calibration I found online which has helped slightly.
  7. There was a vibration through the steering wheel the first time I drove it on the motorway but this seems to have faded away with more miles on it.
  8. Side mirrors seem an odd size and shape.
  9. Windscreen washers arent that great.

I hope Tesla Vision comes out soon and is a decent replacement for USS, although I would happily pay a Tesla service centre to fit USS to the car. I know others have said 'its made me more careful' etc but thats not the point, the car had them when I ordered it and they should not have removed them before the new feature was ready, I can see this being the new auto wiper problem, its going to take lots of updates to get right.

I really dont see how Tesla vision is going to work that well though, even if they are using all the cameras, the side ones cant see directly behind or in front of the car and right now the rear camera on my car is completely covered in dirt.

I spent nearly 4 hours at the service centre just for them to asses the paint, check the outside temp sensor and test drive to see if there was still vibration through the steering wheel and the car was exactly the same as when it arrived. Couldnt have the paint done because they pretty much need all day for it and there was no loan car available. I have to take it back on the 29th (as long as they have a loan car) for the paint work to be done, added temp sensor back to the list because its still not right and now the drivers side window issue.

There is still lots to like though, it just feels like these few things have spoiled it slightly after waiting a year to be back in a Tesla. I do love having the app again though for pre-heating and no more having to buy petrol :)
I had exactly the same as you with 6 & 7. I have a service visit booked for 21 Dec for the vibrations in the steering.

What I meant with the window is I opened it all the way down then when I pressed auto up it went up about 3 inches then went all the way down again. I tried this 2 or 3 times then used my finger on the button to close fully.
I’ve had this too. Seems to have cleared by it self though. I initially thought I was doing something wrong because it was acting like there was an obstruction

Ive had mine since March- heat pump has been silent up until this cold snap - its now in some kind of high power setting and i can feel it vibrate through the steering wheel... I guess this s normal.
Mine does this too, I’m fairly new to the car (only had mine 3 weeks) so I assumed it was something to do with the cold weather

Haven’t had it in the past 2 days where’s it’s been warmer, so must be the pump heating the car!

Collected yesterday. Thoughts after my 60 mile drive are a bit meh
Can't adjust the mirrors or steering wheel with out using the screen, so take twice as long as any other car. Wipers don't auto when its slightly dark (such as when its raining) and you can't adjust speed from the stalk.
You can't resume cruise control back to the speed it was last on.

When in side you could be in any other car. Nothing jumps out at you to imply it's special (apart from the big screen).

Currently i'm findings all the cameras a bit of a distraction, but I suspect once used to them i'll love them. It is fast, in a controlled way, even when flooring it, it never felt unstable or lairy,

For context i'm going from a Petrol Jeep Wrangler JL U. It couldn't be a more different car, and where as the Jeep was entirely form over function the Tesla is more white goods. The jeep didn't have auto wipers, but i could adjust them to a choice of about 7 speeds by turning a nob. I appreciate that once set up the mirrors and steering wheel shouldn't need much adjusting, but I often use the glovebox, and pulling a leaver on the front of it just seems logical. The Jeep went sideways as soon as there was damp in the air (if left in RWD)

I'm sure i'll get used to the Tesla, and the more I use it the more i'll find things I like. The Tesla was bought entirely with my head as a tick box exercise (good range, large boot and frunk, supercharger network), and if I don't start to enjoy it i'll just by a classic to go with it and use the Tesla for the journeys it's designed for :)

Reactions: Ricecooker