Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y vs Mustang Mach E

Is the $7500 tax credit worth waiting months to get Mach E instead of Model Y?

• Yes

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • No

Votes: 216 83.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
40mi electric is PLENTY for driving around town. I have a Prius Prime and regularly get 2500+ mi/tank because a vast majority of my trips are under 25mi. 40mi, would probably have me getting 4000mi/tank,
All depends on where you live. I had a neighbor that got a PEH and they had a 30mi rated range. They get about 8mi because of the hills in our area. Not big hills either, in the Hudson Valley, NY. I was less than impressed with all the PEH ratings.

The Mach-E looks like a fine car, but just the thought of having to deal with stealerships is enough for me to stick with Tesla (besides everything else)
I guess I don’t get that and think that logic will be the demise of Tesla. Ford and other large auto makers have dealerships on every corner. Yes it sounds like Right now these dealers are clueless how to service their new EV but that will quickly change. The infrastructure is there whereas for Tesla it isnt.

when my Durango r/t needed service I could call, usually take it in either same day or within 2 days, they would give me a bitchin loaner jeep rubicon and then call me back when it was ready. Yes the service office smelled like farts and dirty socks and I felt sorry for rhe 1 lady that had to work in that disgusting office with a bunch of fat guys all day. But the service experience was still far better than Tesla where I have to wait a month ? Then they give me a free 1 way uber ? Are u serous ? Just hope it doesn’t need fixing that often which doesn’t seem to be the case from this forum. Tesla better step it up here regarding service. People
Get very upset spending big $$ and not getting treated right after the sale.

Reactions: pt19713
I guess I don’t get that and think that logic will be the demise of Tesla. Ford and other large auto makers have dealerships on every corner. Yes it sounds like Right now these dealers are clueless how to service their new EV but that will quickly change. The infrastructure is there whereas for Tesla it isnt.

when my Durango r/t needed service I could call, usually take it in either same day or within 2 days, they would give me a bitchin loaner jeep rubicon and then call me back when it was ready. Yes the service office smelled like farts and dirty socks and I felt sorry for rhe 1 lady that had to work in that disgusting office with a bunch of fat guys all day. But the service experience was still far better than Tesla where I have to wait a month ? Then they give me a free 1 way uber ? Are u serous ? Just hope it doesn’t need fixing that often which doesn’t seem to be the case from this forum. Tesla better step it up here regarding service. People
Agree on the need to improve service but for the vast majority of us service visits will be few and far between, something I suspect the traditional manufacturers will be hard pressed to match given their reliance on service as key profit centers.

What makes you think that ? Ive owned this MYP for 3 weeks and its needed service 2 times already. Ive had to decline both because the disappointing way Tesla service is handled. Im pretty upset with that fact. Lots of other threads on here similar? This is a very complex vehicle, it will absolutely need service from time to time and Tesla should make it much easier to do that. Telling me "anything on the seats is not covered under B2B warranty" is total crap. Tesla needs to be careful here. The big automakers all realized that long ago and once they dial in on EV service it will be as big a selling point as Tesla's vastly better supercharger network. I donno man, Im definitely seeing a very difficult path ahead for Tesla if they dont improve the overall customer experience. Their cars are phenomenal, but very expensive and not well backed by support.

Reactions: justjack77
What makes you think that ? Ive owned this MYP for 3 weeks and its needed service 2 times already. Ive had to decline both because the disappointing way Tesla service is handled. Im pretty upset with that fact. Lots of other threads on here similar? This is a very complex vehicle, it will absolutely need service from time to time and Tesla should make it much easier to do that. Telling me "anything on the seats is not covered under B2B warranty" is total crap. Tesla needs to be careful here. The big automakers all realized that long ago and once they dial in on EV service it will be as big a selling point as Tesla's vastly better supercharger network. I donno man, Im definitely seeing a very difficult path ahead for Tesla if they dont improve the overall customer experience. Their cars are phenomenal, but very expensive and not well backed by support.
Well, having 2 different Tesla's over 3 years for one vs your 3 week experience. Minimal scheduled maintenance and many fewer parts to go bad for another. And yes I'm on this board daily so I'm aware of people's posts - you apparently focus on the negative. You've obviously had a poor experience over your 3 weeks but normally once you get past the initial issues, if any, few problems arise needing service. As I said yes, we all know it can and should be better but I expect you'll be much happier with the ownership experience once these issues are behind you. If not I hear now is a great time to sell! Though from what I read I'm not sure where you'll turn for a better option...

Sorry to hear about your issues but your issues are not the case for everyone. Hopefully they will get it straightened out soon.

I’ve owned my Tesla for going on 5 years and 65k miles and only needed an actual visit once. And they came to my house!!!! Other time was for MCU upgrade. Great service.

Oh yes….”terrific” Ford dealer service. /s

And “wonderful” buying experience too! /s

Reactions: Footer
Just in case you have not noticed, they sell everything they are able to make.

Here is what I'm coming from. Buying a new car from a regular dealership has rarely been a fun experience: the haggling, the games played, the obligatory "finance guy" speech at the end trying to sell me some BS warranty, the salesperson who knows less than I do. Tesla has solved that issue. The current long wait times are not fun, but at least we pretty much all pay the same price, and there's no BS game played when purchasing. As for the loaner cars provided by certain dealership today, it's definitely true, but there's no way it'll continue in 20 years when the market shifts to EVs. It's only doable now because service is expensive and a recurring need. My model 3 needed service once in 2.5 years, for a minor warranty issue. Tesla doesn't make (much?) money on servicing cars. The only advantage of the OEM model is that there are a lot more dealerships than there are Tesla service centers, though it remains to be seen whether the current number of dealerships will be viable in an EV world. I doubt it.

As for your problems, I empathize, but most Tesla issues are resolved upfront, and then the cars are pretty hassle free.

Well, having 2 different Tesla's over 3 years for one vs your 3 week experience. Minimal scheduled maintenance and many fewer parts to go bad for another. And yes I'm on this board daily so I'm aware of people's posts - you apparently focus on the negative. You've obviously had a poor experience over your 3 weeks but normally once you get past the initial issues, if any, few problems arise needing service. As I said yes, we all know it can and should be better but I expect you'll be much happier with the ownership experience once these issues are behind you. If not I hear now is a great time to sell! Though from what I read I'm not sure where you'll turn for a better option...
That is encouraging to hear. No im not just negative but Im an engineer and everything can be made better. No point in a bunch of fanboys getting on here and saying how great everything is when clearly much needs to be improved to stay ahead of the big boys. I LOVE this car. I think its well built, awesome to look at, and basically a 5 seater Lambo Huracan up to about 120 mph except far easier to drive and far quicker from 1 speed to another. When I highlight a glaring issue (and the service center is a glaring issue to all but the diehard fanboys) its just intended to get Tesla to do better in that area. IT should be a simple fix for them. And believe me, Ford and the big boys will be vastly farther ahead in the service arena VERY soon. I realize they arent yet but I would expect them to exploit the poor service Tesla provides after the sale to build consumer confidence in their brand. Im dumbfounded as to why this is even a discussion. Service/Communication has to improve if Tesla has any chance of competing in a few years.

Reactions: justjack77
That is encouraging to hear. No im not just negative but Im an engineer and everything can be made better. No point in a bunch of fanboys getting on here and saying how great everything is when clearly much needs to be improved to stay ahead of the big boys. I LOVE this car. I think its well built, awesome to look at, and basically a 5 seater Lambo Huracan up to about 120 mph except far easier to drive and far quicker from 1 speed to another. When I highlight a glaring issue (and the service center is a glaring issue to all but the diehard fanboys) its just intended to get Tesla to do better in that area. IT should be a simple fix for them. And believe me, Ford and the big boys will be vastly farther ahead in the service arena VERY soon. I realize they arent yet but I would expect them to exploit the poor service Tesla provides after the sale to build consumer confidence in their brand. Im dumbfounded as to why this is even a discussion. Service/Communication has to improve if Tesla has any chance of competing in a few years.
I beg to differ. With all those hoses and sub-standard engineering (you watch Munro’s video? and we don‘t know yet about the battery), Ford (and the so-called big boys) will need all the dealers for all the coming nightmare maintenance. Tesla has nothing to worry about YET.

The “Fanboys” you’re referring to have years of first hand experience with ownership vice your minimal experience and emotional response. People like you have been predicting Tesla’s demise from the start and yet they continue to have astronomical growth. Perfect? No. Highly desirable and proven? Unquestionably.

4 years ago, Tesla used to loan Tesla if your car was in service, or would rent you a car. That ended in late 2018, early 2019 if I remember correctly. My best guess is that it won't be coming back, because it probably isn't financially sustainable. The biggest issue with Tesla frankly is the communication. My observation is that everyone is new and that they can't keep up with demand. Elon apparently likes to run a lean operation. That's definitely an area where they will have to improve, because their products won't be way ahead of the pack forever (though the legacy manufacturers have a ways to go).

Reactions: a2t2
Here is what I'm coming from. Buying a new car from a regular dealership has rarely been a fun experience: the haggling, the games played, the obligatory "finance guy" speech at the end trying to sell me some BS warranty, the salesperson who knows less than I do. Tesla has solved that issue. The current long wait times are not fun, but at least we pretty much all pay the same price, and there's no BS game played when purchasing. As for the loaner cars provided by certain dealership today, it's definitely true, but there's no way it'll continue in 20 years when the market shifts to EVs. It's only doable now because service is expensive and a recurring need. My model 3 needed service once in 2.5 years, for a minor warranty issue. Tesla doesn't make (much?) money on servicing cars. The only advantage of the OEM model is that there are a lot more dealerships than there are Tesla service centers, though it remains to be seen whether the current number of dealerships will be viable in an EV world. I doubt it.

As for your problems, I empathize, but most Tesla issues are resolved upfront, and then the cars are pretty hassle free.
I think the model is totally unrealistic. Yes its worked until now. And until now, who exactly was Tesla competing with ? Nobody, exactly. So you didnt have a choice You were forced to buy a car via the internet without much interaction with a real person. Then forced to wait with horrible communication. This is not ideal.

But I agree 1,000% with the "old" way of buying a car, going into the dealer, haggling, and then having those aholes slide in an $899 "undercoating" fee at the last minute. Plenty of ways to beat that system if you are smart : research the car, call them, and have them bring the car to you. Dont ever set foot in a dealership, its a time suck and they are angling for the mercy sale. They can drive you the car. Then send them on their way and communicate the offer via text message only. I dont even allow them to call me. When we arrive on a #, they then are forced to email over the final price sheet. This is where the "Car Care" fee as well as "admin fee" come out. Tell them to yank that sh!t and resend. Repeat as needed until the right car at right price arrives in your driveway, and sign the paperwork on your dining room table.

This is exactly how I have bought vehicles for the past 7 years and exactly how I bought my used 2020 MYP. And yes, those d!cks at Mall of GA Mini absolutely did try to weasel in a $899 car care fee. He told me ALL cars that come into their lot get undercoating and fabric treatment so he had to charge that. LOL. I told him to go F himself as the Tesla as an entirely plastic underbody shell for aero, and if he DID put any damn thing on the seats the deal was also off. There was a slight pause and boom, the $899 car care fee went away ...

The “Fanboys” you’re referring to have years of first hand experience with ownership vice your minimal experience and emotional response. People like you have been predicting Tesla’s demise from the start and yet they continue to have astronomical growth. Perfect? No. Highly desirable and proven? Unquestionably.
ok I appreciate that view. But up until now who was Tesla actually competing with ? The curve goes uphill fast from here. I absolutely want Tesla to succeed but the experience is going to have to dramatically improve. Not sure why you dont get that. But we are on the same team, Im just picking apart flaws to improve the end product.