Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y vs Mustang Mach E

Is the $7500 tax credit worth waiting months to get Mach E instead of Model Y?

• Yes

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • No

Votes: 216 83.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you sure Ford refused Government assistance? Thought they took a lot of money and still owe them.
Ford took $6B government loan in 2009 — and debt still haunts company
Ford repaid their loan in full, ford has never been bailed out by the US Government (or anyone else) but has bailed out the American people 3 times. They did it in World War II switching all their factories to build tanks and planes. They did it at the height of the Polio crisis when they built iron lungs, and they did it just a year ago converting their mustang factory to build ventilators.

Can you imagine any other company doing that? GM had to be forced to do it by Trump envoking the defense act. I live right next to the BMW factory, they never even considered building ventilators.

Ford repaid their loan in full, ford has never been bailed out by the US Government (or anyone else) but has bailed out the American people 3 times. They did it in World War II switching all their factories to build tanks and planes. They did it at the height of the Polio crisis when they built iron lungs, and they did it just a year ago converting their mustang factory to build ventilators.

Can you imagine any other company doing that? GM had to be forced to do it by Trump envoking the defense act. I live right next to the BMW factory, they never even considered building ventilators.

does that mean the article I posted about Ford taking a $5.9 billion dollar bailout loan from the government and hasn’t paid it back is incorrect? I don’t follow it that closely so maybe they had it all wrong.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I can’t seem to find where they paid it off yet. From last July....

“The ATVM loan is repayable in quarterly installments of $148 million, which began in September 2012 and will end in June 2022."

“Documents filed by Ford show the company owes payments of $591 million in 2020, $591 million in 2021 and $289 million in 2022.”

Correct ford paid their loan in full

Correct ford paid their loan in full

When did they pay it off? Because just 8 months ago they asked for, and received, approval to defer the payments: Ford Gets Approval for Deferral on DOE Loan Payments - The Detroit Bureau

The loan, which has a remaining balance of $1.26 billion, was modified last month to reduce quarterly principal payments from $148 million to $37 million.

Maybe you are thinking of Tesla, since Tesla did pay their DOE loan off in full in advance of the scheduled pay-off date...

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
If you can wait? I'd personally suggest waiting. Almost all of the Mach E reviews are positive and one of the biggest benefits of Mach E, is that Ford's customer service and build quality exceeds Teslas. (By a large margin). And the Mach E GT should be a very solid performer.

True, Tesla has the supercharger network which comes in very handy if you travel a lot. And the TEsla will have longer range, if that's a requirement. But Ford relies on third party charging networks which are also plentiful, but not at same level as the SC network.

But as someone who has owned both Ford products and Tesla, I can personally attest to there being zero comparison as it relates to customer service and actual service, between the two.

Tesla will continue to lead in the area of autopilot, but in my opinion, biggest benefit of AP is highway traveling. And most other carmakers are close if not better (SuperCruise for Cadillac does not require hands on steering wheel like TEsla does) at highway AP. For city, Tesla is leading but Im so far not convinced it will be ANY time soon where it literally is 100% hands off non intervention driving at all times like Elon has promoted as "coming soon" for so long.
In regards to service-Ford does not own or operate any service center. They are owned and operated by dealers and not all dealers are the same. If the E-Tron is setting an example-there are plenty of stories of people saying their particular service center has limited to no knowledge on now to service their car. I would imagine the Mach E would also be about the same in that regard.

• Informative
Reactions: mark95476 and SO16
In regards to service-Ford does not own or operate any service center. They are owned and operated by dealers and not all dealers are the same. If the E-Tron is setting an example-there are plenty of stories of people saying their particular service center has limited to no knowledge on now to service their car. I would imagine the Mach E would also be about the same in that regard.
This is one of the reasons why we love Tesla, no more dealers. Dealer “partners” aka dealerships, are not all the same. Where as with Tesla, every service center is actually operated by Tesla. This is a step in the right direction and a new automotive standard.

Model for model the Mach E is priced about $5,000 higher, so you don't save $7,500 over the Y with the credit. If the NJ rebate comes back next summer as promised, my choosing the $54,700 MSRP AWD LR Mach E would have to be no options and base paint color to stay in the game.

I hope the "bumpy ride" above statement refers to the performance Y, regardless the handling of the Y, performance or LR, is rated much better.
What options are available other than the paint color?

Aren’t we all :) are but life goes on...

I like that I bought a car made in the USA, because my purchase helped support my ‘local economy’.

When someone buys a Telsa made in China; in China - they get to support their local economy as well.

A car bought in Mexico, but sold in USA or Europe, not so much.

My guess is 80% of Tesla and Ford vehicles are assembled by machines anyhow, but for some people supporting local economy is important even if it in small amounts.
Totally agree! I think it’s cool that our MY was made a few hundred miles from us. Talk about low emissions for transport. The car didn’t travel far to us at all.

Reactions: house9