Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious what’s gonna happen tomorrow for those of us with an early date of 6/17. I feel like whenever I reach the early date, that’s when things go haywire and September or something shows up. My SA seemed pretty convinced that my completion date is 6/19 so I’m not really expecting anything for a few days.
Good morning! My EDD didn’t change (or maybe it’s too early and it will later?), still June 20 - 30.

I want to see people getting VINs today. It’s our time April (and my poor March people)!
GM! EDD still holding at June 20-30

Reactions: Greg007
In a meantime, im curious to see how many people installed nema 14-50 in the garage and share some experiences as well as what other accessories have you guys bought ready to go already ;)
I got my plug installed by A-EV Installs. They were great- communicated promptly and had flexible times. Paid $425 (within 5 feet from my panel) for the install with a 1 year warranty. Installation took about 30 minutes. They were awesome.

[email protected]

Reactions: Greg007
In a meantime, im curious to see how many people installed nema 14-50 in the garage and share some experiences as well as what other accessories have you guys bought ready to go already ;)

I had the Tesla wall charger installed. I used The Electric Connection. They were listed, among others, on Tesla's website for recommended installers. I chose them because they had solid 5 star reviews on Yelp and when I called them, they seemed very knowledgeable. They were not cheap, I think I paid around $1,200 but they had to bring the wiring from one side of the house where the panel is to the complete opposite side of the house where the garage is. Lol. Would highly recommend them for nema 14-50, wall charger, etc.

Reactions: Jcbeats and Greg007
Thanks for starting this waiting room for us April orders!! I too was noticing a lot of May orders in the other thread and I felt that those folks just haven't had enough time to develop the level of rage and frustration we have, so we need our own thread. 😂

fingers crossed for all of us.
Exactly!! Lol. I wanted to say to the May folks, come on now.. And to the June folks, oh just zip it! 😂

Went with the wall charger as well. I wanted to get the max charging throughout and have it look halfway nice. Had it installed this past weekend for $480. Electrician only needed to run about 20 feet from the main panel.

4/21 order.
LRMY, White ext, Black int, 7 seat, no tow, no fsd.
current EDD 7/8-7/28
Boom! My EDD just went to September again. 🙄. Also this morning my exact config (except white interior vs black) showed up in inventory. I would maybe pull the trigger if it didn’t mean I would have to pay the new price of the car.

I have had the wall charger installed for about a month, it’s green glow mocks me everyday. I only paid $200 to an electrician that works commercial, he came one weekend and did on his off time.