Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Converted from MY LRRWD (ordered 1/15/20) to AWD on 5/7/21. I was contacted and told I HAD to take delivery by the end of June to
maintain original pricing plus AWD cost. I said fine. I have arranged loan and I was expecting to have a VIN by June 22 and pickup car by June26 at the Fremont plant. This was arranged for me due to repeated demand to take car by end of June and an upcoming surgery. This was confirmed to me yesterday by phone. I logged into my Tesla account this evening and it now says I can expect delivery in SEPT!!! Damn this process. I will be on the phone first thing in the morning!
Curious as to why you ordered in Jan and put it on hold? I was thinking of doing this with the model S, that I dont need till next year when my kid turns 16. But thinking they may keep raiding price so lock it in now

Sooo, update here. I checked on my Tesla account a few minutes ago and it now says I have a delivery appointment for the 20th between 9am and 6pm. But I just got a text saying that I should expect delivery between 1 and 3 days at my home (had the address in the text) and that I don't need to be home. That I just need to "electronically sign the contract" which will be available on the 18th. The MVPA is in my account.

Reactions: MJF1311 and Greg007
Adding my hat to the ring. Ordered 4/15 and slowly dying inside. lol

I skimmed through the configurations on here and noticed some similarities. It's anecdotal since I didn't actually count, but it seems like a lot of us have either the 20" induction wheels, pearl white multi-coat, or both in our config.

I'm feeling particularly anxious about it as I have a trip coming up on July 3 for a week. I am really paranoid I'll get a VIN on the 30th and delivery will be scheduled while I'm out of town and have to go back in the queue.

Fingers crossed we all get VINs this coming week!

Ok I casually opened the inventory page and found a BRAND NEW MYLR. Booked it! Now I have a VIN 212XXX.

Previously - Waiting on MYLR since 4/12. No VIN. EDD September. Was assigned VIN couple of times but they got removed after few days each time.

Have to decide if it is worth the extra $2700 includes $1000 for Blue (My previous order was White and was before all the price increments)

Ok I casually opened the inventory page and found a BRAND NEW MYLR. Booked it! Now I have a VIN 212XXX.

Previously - Waiting on MYLR since 4/12. No VIN. EDD September. Was assigned VIN couple of times but they got removed after few days each time.

Have to decide if it is worth the extra $2700 includes $1000 for Blue (My previous order was White and was before all the price increments)
Ooo...that's a tough one. On one hand, come on and join #teamblue! But on the other hand, $2700 isn't chump change. What is your EDD right now for the white one?

Reactions: mando
Ooo...that's a tough one. On one hand, come on and join #teamblue! But on the other hand, $2700 isn't chump change. What is your EDD right now for the white one?
September, been that way for a week. What's more frustrating is that I was unassigned a VIN couple of times and even had a scheduled delivery appointment cancelled smh.

I actually wanted to modify my order to Blue earlier, but did not so as to not mess with my timelines. So technically it comes down to $1700 for peace of mind.

September, been that way for a week. What's more frustrating is that I was unassigned a VIN couple of times and even had a scheduled delivery appointment cancelled smh.

I actually wanted to modify my order to Blue earlier, but did not so as to not mess with my timelines. So technically it comes down to $1700 for peace of mind.
I personally think you're still in line for your white to be delivered this month but maybe take it as a sign that blue is the right color for you. My guess is you'll have at least a day or two to decide before you have to make final payment for the new one. Good luck!

Mine changed to 1-10 weeks at about 9am today? My Buena Park people, have y'all received VIN's or any word from SA's as to when they are to expect their shipment of MY's? My SA mentioned the following about a week ago "We should be on track for June. Most likely the last 2 weeks of June. Potentially earlier."