Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! Well the blue girl arrived!! I was in the house, happened to check my email and it said "accept delivery". Ran outside and there she was in the driveway! Happened around 11:30am (delivery window was 9am-6pm). She looks great and drives great. This has been hands down the craziest, longest car buying journey ever!!! 58 days from order to delivery! But boy is she worth it! Good luck to everyone out there waiting on their vins and deliveries. I think the next 10 days are going to see a whole lotta cars coming your way! :)
pictures please

Found a car matching my build in inventory in Seattle. Placed an order and got a VIN.

Have an email out to my SA re: transferring my order. Maybe just wasted $100 in putting in the order as maybe the order assignment algorithm was going to match me to that car (or another car) anyway, but seems like a small price to pay to hedge against the EDD of September on original order.

Still no VIN on my original MY order - still showing September EDD.

pictures please
OurModelY.jpg

:)

Good morning fellow April-ers. It was nice taking a break this last weekend and enjoying the Yosemite air instead of refreshing my order page every 5 . But alas I am back and hopeful to get a car this week.

It looks like my dates had slipped daily on Sat and Sun to 6/22-6/30 and 6/23-6/30 respectively. This morning I’m back at the ever fun “September” date. If y’all recall, my SA said that my car was se to be produced on 6/19 — no idea if that meant entered production or finish production. I thought MY’s take at least a couple days to produce but can’t find any info about the manufacturing process.

Regardless, fingers crossed 🤞🏻.

Good morning fellow April-ers. It was nice taking a break this last weekend and enjoying the Yosemite air instead of refreshing my order page every 5 . But alas I am back and hopeful to get a car this week.

It looks like my dates had slipped daily on Sat and Sun to 6/22-6/30 and 6/23-6/30 respectively. This morning I’m back at the ever fun “September” date. If y’all recall, my SA said that my car was se to be produced on 6/19 — no idea if that meant entered production or finish production. I thought MY’s take at least a couple days to produce but can’t find any info about the manufacturing process.

Regardless, fingers crossed 🤞🏻.
At least I feel a little better than I'm not the only one that slipped back to September. September group is getting lonelier by the day.

Reactions: fender4645
Has anyone else in So Cal gotten insurance from Tesla? Is that a different dept? My EDD is coming up but I haven't been able to click on the Get Insurance from Tesla link. I've heard it's cheaper than what you'd get from other insurers, and I want to at least get a quote done ASAP. I've asked my SA but it's been crickets.