Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m doing 3rd party financing. They know that on my order. My CU is local but not opened on the weekends. I will be pissed if they force me to try and get everything done in a day. I have the preapproval. I just need the MVPA. I’ve only been waiting over 2 months

Reactions: ankit
I’m doing 3rd party financing. They know that on my order. My CU is local but not opened on the weekends. I will be pissed if they force me to try and get everything done in a day. I have the preapproval. I just need the MVPA. I’ve only been waiting over 2 months
Have you talked to your CU about cutting you a pre-emptive check? That was an option when I was going to go with my CU (Patelco). My loan person just needed to get authorization. I ended up switching to Tesla because they were actually able to get me a slightly better rate. Another option is to switch to Tesla financing so things run smoother and then refi right after with your CU.

Have you talked to your CU about cutting you a pre-emptive check? That was an option when I was going to go with my CU (Patelco). My loan person just needed to get authorization. I ended up switching to Tesla because they were actually able to get me a slightly better rate. Another option is to switch to Tesla financing so things run smoother and then refi right after with your CU.
I did. They weren’t going to release the check without a MVPA. I don’t want to do Tesla financing. I can finance 100% through CU and have no payments for 90 days. Plus there is no guarantee the car will show before the offer expires July 4th. This whole thing is f@cked up

I did. They weren’t going to release the check without a MVPA. I don’t want to do Tesla financing. I can finance 100% through CU and have no payments for 90 days. Plus there is no guarantee the car will show before the offer expires July 4th. This whole thing is f@cked up
I’m financing through my CU as well and same situation as you. They are closed on weekends and will not cut a check until I have a VIN and purchase agreement. My 60-day prequalify expires tomorrow and my EDD is 06/25-06/30. Also, they close early (4pm) so I am SOL if I don’t get my VIN by early in the day tomorrow. It’s just going to suck to do another credit application for a 5 day window.

Reactions: Vin_L
I received my car Monday!
Recap:
4/22: Ordered MYLR MSM, white interior, 20", 5 seat, tow, no FSD
6/17: VIN 213XXX showed in my account. Interesting that I could open the MVPA and see the VIN before I clicked the TV blue button.
6/18: Received a text to schedule delivery, I scheduled for Costa Mesa on 6/21 at 3PM.
6/19: Received a call from Costa Mesa DC asking if I wanted home delivery tomorrow. I asked if home delivery could be on 6/21 instead, she said sure. She said to go online and pay prior to delivery. I asked if I could wait to pay until I saw the car, she said that was fine but I would need to pay before opening the car.
6/21: Car was dropped off at 10AM, we weren't home yet. Apparently driven from Costa Mesa to my home. We got home about 1PM and there she was parked along the street! She looked perfect on the outside. I e-signed the CA Clean Fuel Reward document and paid in full via ACH. A minute later my car appeared on the app and I was able to unlock it.

Overall the car seems flawless. The only thing I've reported is that the two key cards are warped. There was some residue on the driver door which I removed. The car had 7 miles on it. I assume 5 were added delivering from Costa Mesa to my house.

I just love driving the car. So much fun.

Good luck to those still waiting to take delivery! You all should get your cars in the next week. You will quickly forget the agony of waiting when you are sitting in your new car.
Beautiful!! Congratulations!

Reactions: Greg007
Totally know how you feel. I've been without one for 3 mths. sold in March before I ordered on 3/31....been sharing cars with my hubby & teenager.

It's brutal. For the past three months I've been driving my '97 Ford passenger van around that's commonly referred to as the "creeper van". Each day I drive by an elementary school and staff stair me down as I'm driving to work without A/C.

Anyone else have the September EDD right now? Again, I'm not putting too much emphasis on this but I think this is the first time where I (think) I've been alone in this boat.
I had the Sept date until I reminded Tesla of their arrangement with me as an RWD to AWD convert. They demand I take delivery by June 30 to maintain my FSD pricing from Jan 2020. Now I have a deliver date from today until Monday. I also have a VIN. Until you have a VIN nothing else matters. It does appear that if you live in Cali you will not get your car until the end of the next quarter as they fulfill orders for cars shipped around the US first.