Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Random Q. I remember seeing your saga with your RWD order. Was your issue ultimately resolved by a store manager, a regional manager, a resolution team, or central order support? I'm trying to suss out who actually has power to help with these kinds of issues.
I converted from LR RWD to LR AWD and wanted to maintain prior FSD pricing so I was informed by Tesla that I MUST take delivery of the car by June 30. Call 510-249-3100 and ask to speak to Hilary if possible, she is part of the central support team. She got the papers going on the change after I though it had been done weeks earlier. My account order was changed in one day after talking to her. Then my delivery date was set to Sept. After many calls to Tesla I finally got through to the correct person who accelerated this process and now my delivery date is 6/23-28. Still waiting.

Reactions: papel
I had the Sept date until I reminded Tesla of their arrangement with me as an RWD to AWD convert. They demand I take delivery by June 30 to maintain my FSD pricing from Jan 2020. Now I have a deliver date from today until Monday. I also have a VIN. Until you have a VIN nothing else matters. It does appear that if you live in Cali you will not get your car until the end of the next quarter as they fulfill orders for cars shipped around the US first.
Interesting. Did you get the VIN while still having a September date? And yes, I'm very familiar with Tesla's production/delivery schedule as the quarter progresses (too familiar!!! :D)

I converted from LR RWD to LR AWD and wanted to maintain prior FSD pricing so I was informed by Tesla that I MUST take delivery of the car by June 30. Call 510-249-3100 and ask to speak to Hilary if possible, she is part of the central support team. She got the papers going on the change after I though it had been done weeks earlier. My account order was changed in one day after talking to her. Then my delivery date was set to Sept. After many calls to Tesla I finally got through to the correct person who accelerated this process and now my delivery date is 6/23-28. Still waiting.
Thank you so much. I'll try to reach her.

Reactions: blissdancer
Im dying for Bay area people to start getting VINs. I've been without a car for 2 months now and its brutal.

OD 4/17 / MY5LR / Midnight / 19'' Gem / No Tow / No FSD
Bay area person here and I got my VIN yesterday. Had chosen pick-up when I ordered, but was told that home delivery was the only option when I spoke to my SA yesterday. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow.

Ordered May 16 | MYP | Pearl white | Black int. | 5 seater | tow | no FSD | VIN June 22 212***

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in June.

Please reply JUNE if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery soon.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out in the coming weeks.

Just got this text 5 min ish ago but still no vin yet.

Anyone else get a text as well?

Got the text!
4CA805AB-3DB0-4A41-B3ED-A7EF4C38BAA7.png

Last edited: