Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No way! How did this happen? Did you have a delivery appointment in the system?
I got a VIN on the 25th (Friday). Delivery set that evening for Monday, June 28th. Sunday evening, I check my account only to have it changed to June 30th. Pretty upset at the lack of communication. Just checked my account an hour ago and alas, no more VIN, and EDD has been changed to July 1-11. Called the delivery center and they said something was wrong with my vehicle so my VIN was taken away. They have no idea when I will be receiving my vehicle. They said the best estimate is my July 1-11 date.

Called my SA. Shes not working today. A lady told me that SoCal is expected have 1k cars delivered and she is hopeful that someone will reject delivery due to scheduling conflicts and that I can be matched to that.

:/

I'm just so. Sad.

1625004771175.png

I got a VIN on the 25th (Friday). Delivery set that evening for Monday, June 28th. Sunday evening, I check my account only to have it changed to June 30th. Pretty upset at the lack of communication. Just checked my account an hour ago and alas, no more VIN, and EDD has been changed to July 1-11. Called the delivery center and they said something was wrong with my vehicle so my VIN was taken away. They have no idea when I will be receiving my vehicle. They said the best estimate is my July 1-11 date.

Called my SA. Shes not working today. A lady told me that SoCal is expected have 1k cars delivered and she is hopeful that someone will reject delivery due to scheduling conflicts and that I can be matched to that.

:/

I'm just so. Sad.
Wow that is extremely unfortunate. They need to priority match you for obvious reasons. Production issues will surely become a thing of the past in the next couple of years but this is playing mind games on customers. Hang in there! Hopefully you'll get your car soon. Maybe ask for some mud guards, mats, or some supercharger miles!

Reactions: lalalaker
About to lose my mind. Had gotten text Saturday from Tesla for delivery appt and Was scheduled for pickup of car at Burbank tomorrow.

Got call from Burbank Tesla saying I was matched to a VIN for car that did not exist and they will try to work internally to match to an existing car but no promises. I leave for vacation Sunday for two weeks and this is beyond frustrating.

the car doesn’t exist. What does this even mean??

Reactions: cancoi
I guess we are about to find out! Since we are (hopefully) getting them in July, maybe our potential for having fit/finish issues will be less since we are out of THE PUSH.. Ha!
I just got the blue botton this afternoon and received my vin 209***. ( I’m wondering if this car had issues and was sent back to make corrections) Delivery scheduled for July 5-8. Final payment already completed. Hoping to be called for a sooner delivery. Fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: noob_hunter_gu
This is starting to be very annoying..

I ordered a MYLR Grey with the rest options as default, so 19, no FSD, no towing etc.. I ordered on 4/23 and finished my profile a couple of days later. Since the beginning I had an EDD of June 10-30. Early June I asked my SA if he knew more, he told me my car was forecasted to a match on early July. I've just checked again with him and now it seems it's forecasted for mid-July..

My current car lease ends on 8/10, so that's why I ordered the car with enough time, but I'm starting to be concerned...

I'm planning to pick up the car in Lynnwood, WA.

Been following this thread for a week and just registered to share here too (doesn't seem allow setting up a signature).

Ordered 4/26. MYLR. White & Black. 19". No Tow. No FSD.

So basically all basic settings (since I'm leasing it). Been through 06/xx - 06/30 squeeze and this weekend EDD sitting at "September" now. Never get any email, VIN, JUNE text or blue button...Uploaded my own insurance a few days ago since a few posts say it matters. Hopefully I'll get mine soon!
2nd post since Sunday to hopefully spread some luck to others!

After EDD been sitting at "September" for 4 days, this afternoon I got the blue button and VIN! (5YJXXX, how come it's not same as everyone's 2XX lol).

EDD now says "July 01 - July 07". No payment or delivery text/email yet. Although I was hoping to get my car sooner, this is still not bad!

Reactions: Greg007
2nd post since Sunday to hopefully spread some luck to others!

After EDD been sitting at "September" for 4 days, this afternoon I got the blue button and VIN! (5YJXXX, how come it's not same as everyone's 2XX lol).

EDD now says "July 01 - July 07". No payment or delivery text/email yet. Although I was hoping to get my car sooner, this is still not bad!
5YJ is the first portion of the VIN while 2XXXXX refers to the last 6

This is starting to be very annoying..

I ordered a MYLR Grey with the rest options as default, so 19, no FSD, no towing etc.. I ordered on 4/23 and finished my profile a couple of days later. Since the beginning I had an EDD of June 10-30. Early June I asked my SA if he knew more, he told me my car was forecasted to a match on early July. I've just checked again with him and now it seems it's forecasted for mid-July..

My current car lease ends on 8/10, so that's why I ordered the car with enough time, but I'm starting to be concerned...

I'm planning to pick up the car in Lynnwood, WA.
+1. I’m in the same position. I called today and was initially told September (my EDD) by the rep on the phone. When I asked about whether I had been assigned a build slot - I was told that they shouldn’t be telling customers that info. Then he looked it up and shared that I was in line for a potential for mid-July build. Like you my SA had previously shared that my build date was 8-July.

Its like a carrot dangling exercise when that date starts to get near they move you out further. They might be better just to start telling us that we’ll get it when we get it.

Originally scheduled for pick up at sc but i called today wanted home delivery and its actually ready to deliver today and they can delivery today!
still waiting tho ...
when are u picking urs up ?
I scheduled home delivery too, although not much of a choice I heard that they are full at the SC. Mine arrives today according to my account. I had a confirmed appt. for June 30 but I received another agreement and notification today and after accepting my delivery appointment changed to June 29.

Any minute now I guess! Have you called to see where your vehicle is at?

Reactions: Greg007