Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (May 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow...I am so sorry some of you who ordered your cars in the Spring, still do not have them yet :(

I placed my order on 7/2/21. My original delivery date was 7/26, and then it bounced around from early Aug, end of Aug, early Sept, middle of Sept and at one point it said 9/28.

The first week of August I got a text and an email to sign up for a Live tutorial and then about a week later, my car was delivered on 8/15.

Looking at what so many are going through, what I thought was a ridiculous wait 02 July to 15 Aug was nothing!!! Keeping positive thoughts for all of you!
This timeline is meaningless without the specifics of your build. Tesla has been delivering performance and higher-cost customized model Y's much faster than stock and lower-cost versions.

Reactions: MTBevrider
Wow...I am so sorry some of you who ordered your cars in the Spring, still do not have them yet :(

I placed my order on 7/2/21. My original delivery date was 7/26, and then it bounced around from early Aug, end of Aug, early Sept, middle of Sept and at one point it said 9/28.

The first week of August I got a text and an email to sign up for a Live tutorial and then about a week later, my car was delivered on 8/15.

Looking at what so many are going through, what I thought was a ridiculous wait 02 July to 15 Aug was nothing!!! Keeping positive thoughts for all of you!
You have a performance, most of the waiting spring orders are long range. It makes sense yours came first since there aren’t a lot of performance orders. Most MYLR just opt for the acceleration boost, aftermarket rims and it becomes a daily driver. MYP’s seem to get the bang for their bucks when they start tracking the car.

if you have the cash to spend for a P more power to you. But the economics of dropping 10k extra on a performance and using it as a daily doesn’t add up with me.

Last edited:
$30? LoL. Sounds like you might have skipped the electrical permit...

Joking aside, it looks great and installing below the electrical box... I had to run $250 worth of 6/3 Romex to get to the exterior outlet I installed. That felt like it needed a bit more scrutiny. That, and my real estate broker wife insisted on the permit. 😆
$30 for parts only, permit cost should be $40-$50. That $300 quote did not include the permit. Crazy how expensive that 6/3 cable was! lucky I only needed 4ft but ended up being the most expensive part.

My updated EDD as of this morning has been pushed, but narrowed to 9/28-9/30. This is the smallest window I’ve ever had at this point. Disappointed it’s looking like end of the month, but cautiously optimistic about the tiny window 😅 Order date 5/10, MYLR white on white, no tow, no FSD, 5 seater for those curious. C’mon North Bay deliveries!!! 🙏🏻 My husband told me this morning that he wants me to get my car for his bday coming up bc he is fatigued from hearing my complaints LMAO

My updated EDD as of this morning has been pushed, but narrowed to 9/28-9/30. This is the smallest window I’ve ever had at this point. Disappointed it’s looking like end of the month, but cautiously optimistic about the tiny window 😅 Order date 5/10, MYLR white on white, no tow, no FSD, 5 seater for those curious. C’mon North Bay deliveries!!! 🙏🏻 My husband told me this morning that he wants me to get my car for his bday coming up bc he is fatigued from hearing my complaints LMAO
EOQ push is supposed to be epic per Elon, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of us get our cars around the last few days of this month.

Sorry my reply is meaningless to you! 2021 Model Y Performance, Pearl white, black interior, 21" Überturbine wheels. No full self driving. A pretty basic order IMO.
Meaningless was a bit harsh. Sorry. But yeah, those performance models are being moved much faster. If you have high demand and finite supply, you prioritize the cars with higher margin.

Reactions: Deutsch100
Sorry my reply is meaningless to you! 2021 Model Y Performance, Pearl white, black interior, 21" Überturbine wheels. No full self driving. A pretty basic order IMO.
your reply helps, appreciate the empathy. I think the poster needed to turn his phone sideways to see that you have in your signature your order, that's how I knew you had a P. BTW, when you DID get your VIN, did the order summary show a year next to your order number? or did you just click on the manage button and then a VIN appeared?

anyone can pm me a tesla SA number?
I didn’t get any msg from tesla since I placed an order.
there's the general phone number on the tesla website, it prompts you with options and then theyll direct you to your local store OR your assigned SA. PMing you an SA number won't help since when you ordered it's assigned to the local store.

you won't hear from them unless you 1 ) haven't completed your profile or 2) you have an assigned VIN.

you're reply helps, appreciate the empathy. I think the poster needed to turn his phone sideways to see that you have in your signature your order, that's how I knew you had a P. BTW, when you DID get your VIN, did the order summary show a year next to your order number? or did you just click on the manage button and then a VIN appeared?
LoL! Now that's a solid pro-tip.

Well, then. I guess all it takes is calling the process horseshit... I got my VIN within the last hour. Final EDD is 9/6-11.

I'll start the financing process tomorrow and hopefully have the car before the end of the week.

Final day count: 101 (May 28th order)

Woot!
I'm at day 98 and still no VIN. (May 31th order) EDD 10/2-22 for the past 2 wks.

your reply helps, appreciate the empathy. I think the poster needed to turn his phone sideways to see that you have in your signature your order, that's how I knew you had a P. BTW, when you DID get your VIN, did the order summary show a year next to your order number? or did you just click on the manage button and then a VIN appeared?
My Tesla manage account page changed from a reservation number to a VIN about a week before I got the text that my car would be ready for pickup on 8/15/21. The online tutorial live stream, I got an email and a text to reserve my place also about a week before delivery. For my delivery, I only got a text...no email.

Reactions: chele_14