Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model3 pvb laminated glass retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could you post a tutorial on how you did the auto-dim mirrors? Do they work properly? Where did you get the parts from? I want to do this to my car :)
+1

I’d like to know the answer to this. OP makes it sound easy, two wires into a connector and boom retrofit dimming mirrors. No mention of whether the car identifies them and controls them in the usual way etc.

Regards the laminated glass - you’d just order it from the SC in the usual way, and then fit it? Or pay Tesla to fit it. As I understand it the glass is the only thing changed between the two cars, according to the parts catalog, so should fit without issue.

Reactions: Cnixon
+1

I’d like to know the answer to this. OP makes it sound easy, two wires into a connector and boom retrofit dimming mirrors. No mention of whether the car identifies them and controls them in the usual way etc.

Regards the laminated glass - you’d just order it from the SC in the usual way, and then fit it? Or pay Tesla to fit it. As I understand it the glass is the only thing changed between the two cars, according to the parts catalog, so should fit without issue.

Good to know about the glass. I’ll wait to see how much quieter it is before ordering because I feel it’ll be pretty expensive and then I’ll have to get them re-tinted with ceramic again as well.

@ACDC ev Very nicely done. I'm really glad that all the trolls that attacked you a few months ago didn't discourage you from posting here. And those same trolls are now eating crow after everything you got trolled for turned out to be true. :)

Any other information you could share about the glass lamination process would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your great contributions to this forum!

Reactions: Ol'Blue
@ACDC ev Very nicely done. I'm really glad that all the trolls that attacked you a few months ago didn't discourage you from posting here. And those same trolls are now eating crow after everything you got trolled for turned out to be true. :)

Any other information you could share about the glass lamination process would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your great contributions to this forum!
Where are the trolls? On another thread?