Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model3Tracker.info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, one year later already!

Recently there has been a few articles and videos posted about the tracker – not to mention the news that Rear Wheel Drive will be rolling out first. This resulted in a large influx of new data and existing contributors coming back to update their intended configurations. Thus the stats have shifted a little. Here is the March Summary Stats compared against last month followed by some interesting movements in the tracker data.

Model3Tracker.info Summary Stats 2017-03-31 2359 PST.png

The battery options proposed to contributors seemed to have been steady, but lately I'm seeing a trend that the base and medium options are slowly gaining ground.

upload_2017-4-1_9-10-9.png

The most notable changes are related to the Drive (Rear Wheel Drive vs. All Wheel Drive) and Auto Pilot (Convenience Features vs. Full Self Driving). Both of these options seen bigger movements from all prior reports.

The news that Rear Wheel Drive is going to be produced prior to the All Wheel Drive variant, has resulted in a noticeable drop in All Wheel Drive. The following graph shows over time the number of contributors switching their preference.

upload_2017-4-1_9-30-19.png

As it stands now, 29% are wanting Rear Wheel Drive. From the year end report, it stood at approximately 25%.

upload_2017-4-1_9-19-17.png

Autopilot convenience features option continues to see a notable drop as existing contributors are coming back. Since last month its dropped a further 4.76%. While Full Self Driving continues to grow, up by 6.38%. And overall those opting to upgrade from the basic active safety stands at almost 67% (up 1.63% from the last report).

upload_2017-4-1_9-33-7.png

If you have contributed early on, please visit Model3Tracker.Info and review your intended configuration and please update if you think your option preferences have changed.

Thanks again to all those contributing! The community is really enjoying the data and its very much appreciated. As the design studio opens and production starts this data will be invaluable in helping the community determine which configurations will result in a quicker delivery, and great statistics on the production and delivery.

Cheers,
Paul

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-1_9-31-12.png
    upload_2017-4-1_9-31-12.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
New Dashboard: Interesting Trending Stats

A new dashboard section will highlight new trends found in the data.

Examples:
(1) Configuration Intent: AWD to RWD. On the recent news that rear wheel drive will be produced first a trend of contributors switching from all wheel drive to rear wheel drive is being observed.
(2) Configuration Intent: EAP to FSD. As more contributors come back after the Full Self Driving was announced, people are switching from enhanced auto pilot to add the full self driving to it.

It will show live the count in the past day, month and quarter.
upload_2017-4-4_8-35-58.png

Reactions: Sonny Daze
Interesting Trending Stats now contain weekly values to help compare with weekly updates received. As of now the trend is still showing strongly.
  • AWD to RWD
    • Day: 20/129 = 15.5%
    • Week: 47/230 = 20.4%
  • EAP to EAP/FSD
    • Day: 41/129 = 31.8%
    • Week: 58/230 = 25.2%
upload_2017-4-6_11-10-19.png

upload_2017-4-6_11-18-17.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-6_11-9-46.png
    upload_2017-4-6_11-9-46.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Informative
Reactions: Falkirk
If you have both then you have to also admit that the AWD is a much better handling car. I've driven both and the AWD was rock sold versus the slightly squirrly RWD version, at least with my foot to the floor.
AWD definitely has better traction. I wasn't discounting that at all - I was just pointing out that there are at least a few benefits to RWD, and additional quiet can be one of them.

How is the number of new reservations for the Telsa Model 3 going? Here is the graph of the almost 9,000 contributions in Model3Tracker.info as of April 8, 2017.

The data is showing a climbing trend. Despite Tesla's efforts to "anti-sale" the Model 3, I think the cat is out of the bag. People really want a more affordable Tesla.

upload_2017-4-11_10-46-40-png.91

Do you track cancellations too?

I tallied these with the last known count of 373K reservations after a few weeks (5?). So, that covers the initial rush of 7628 data points for first five weeks. That means, each data point is roughly 48 (ok, let's just round it to 50) actual reservations.
Your total data count is 9037; meaning in the other 49 weeks, this tracker recorded 1409 data points.
Assuming same kind of ratio of tracking data : reservations, that is roughly 70K reservations in almost a year.

I'm not sure how this order rate can support an annual production goal of 400k model 3, beginning this July. Seems quite a stretch to sell those many model 3 every year.

Do you track cancellations too?

I tallied these with the last known count of 373K reservations after a few weeks (5?). So, that covers the initial rush of 7628 data points for first five weeks. That means, each data point is roughly 48 (ok, let's just round it to 50) actual reservations.
Your total data count is 9037; meaning in the other 49 weeks, this tracker recorded 1409 data points.
Assuming same kind of ratio of tracking data : reservations, that is roughly 70K reservations in almost a year.

I'm not sure how this order rate can support an annual production goal of 400k model 3, beginning this July. Seems quite a stretch to sell those many model 3 every year.
Yes, there are some cancellations being provided by contributors too.

RE: order rate. Like some others already replied to you, this rate is very unlikely to be anything like real demand. Once people see it and able to test drive, it'll be fine.

Most cars produced have a preorder rate of zero, however the number sold increases greatly once a vehicle is on the market and available! ;)
Most cars don't take pre-orders and aren't sold by pre-ordering, so the comparison seems moot. But if you have some examples where pre-orders were taken, and the sales figures for few years after launch are known, it will be interesting to see.

As an example, for Model X, I think the reservation tally was around 32k 2-3 years before launch. It sold ~26k in the 2nd year (skipping 2015).