Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model3Tracker.info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Paul, just a comment re: state abbreviations. The list of cities, when filtered to Australia, looks like the list below - as a result of some using abbreviations and some not.

If the same "abbreviation policy" was used as is with US/Canada, it would clean it up a bit. The valid options would be:

NSW, Vic, Qld, SA, WA, Tas, NT, ACT

Hopefully it should be self explanatory which is which of the list below, if you decide to clean up the data.

View attachment 172033
Cool, done and added to the daily cleanup routine.

Reactions: Chuq
Thanks, this is on the list to fix. A preliminary check for the graph plugin doesn't bode well. Anyone got some time to "normalize" the data plot to consistent times? This way the graph could intersect the approx values.
Well, that took longer than planned, but I think I've manipulated the data like you'll need.

I used a linear interpolation between each data point, as provided on the Model3Tracker.info site. The time step is about every 14 minutes (0.01 day) but I'm hoping you can plot all the points. As the years go by, that'll lead to a pretty long dataset however.

The spreadsheet can be downloaded from OneDrive here: 20160413, TM3 Reservation Interpolation.xlsx

Here's the resulting graph:
20160413, TM3 Reservation Interpolation.png

Now I'd be interested in having a chart of reservations on the tracker. We can then use this to come up with a very rough conversion factor from tracker entries to real reservations and use that to estimate reservations from tracker entries. As (if) we get future updates on real numbers we can improve our conversion factor and even study how the ratio of entries/reservations evolves, so achieve a 'second order' estimate.

With the small sample sizes, this is probably all moot but it might be a fun excercise.

This is a really shoddy excel job, but here's a chart of submission ID against reservation date. Submission date might also be interesting to see what kind of lag there is.

upload_2016-4-14_12-46-46.png

I think all we can really infer from this is that people who reserved on 31 March are more likely to have entered their reservation in the tracker. No big surprise there.

Well, that took longer than planned, but I think I've manipulated the data like you'll need.

I used a linear interpolation between each data point, as provided on the Model3Tracker.info site. The time step is about every 14 minutes (0.01 day) but I'm hoping you can plot all the points. As the years go by, that'll lead to a pretty long dataset however.

The spreadsheet can be downloaded from OneDrive here: 20160413, TM3 Reservation Interpolation.xlsx
Well, with the latest news that the reservations are "approaching 400,000" as of yesterday, I can update the graph data.

I need feedback on what specifically I should assume. Is 380,000 at 4/13/16, 12pm close enough?

Last edited:
Cool, done and added to the daily cleanup routine.

I have updated all of the Australian, US and Canadian records in Model3Tracker.info to make sure they are consistent with the standard state abbreviation code.

There are many US uses who are not providing their city or state. To get accurate reporting capability we really encourage everyone to enter this information.