Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Model 3 changes and leasing now available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they really charging $2500 for heated seats now?

I thought they were trying to compete by including stuff like AP that other manufacturers include at that price, but heated seats are fairly standard and $2500 for them seems like a lot!

• Funny
Reactions: RBowen
Are they really charging $2500 for heated seats now?

I thought they were trying to compete by including stuff like AP that other manufacturers include at that price, but heated seats are fairly standard and $2500 for them seems like a lot!
Unless I am mistaken you are also getting more range and more performance, along with "streaming radio". It remains to be seen if they will allow those features to be turned on or off ala cart.

Yeah, but I wouldn't even be that hard to please. Give me premium connectivity or a discount on FSD at the minimum for my donation.

Look, my wife drives an Enclave. We bought it a year ago when the refresh first came out - now I see them advertised on TV with $9k discounts on the hood. I don’t even bat an eyelash at it - that’s how it goes when you buy a car. I’m still very happy with that Buick, for what I paid, when I paid it.

What others pay for it is completely irrelevant and doesn’t change a thing about my Enclave.

I fail to see the surprise in the lease numbers. Tesla has always set low residual values making the lease numbers poor unless there was a 20-40k adjustment. Many totally expected these kinds of numbers, esp people on leasehackr which is an incredible resource to learn the ins and outs of leasing.

Certainly not surprised; it’s an unsupported lease. I was just waiting to see the numbers and they’re actually even a little worse than I expected. I’m pretty familiar with leasing and really don’t want to own the asset but fiscally it makes the most sense on a Tesla.

Cars are depreciating assets, it's the fact of life. It's been my experience that the longer you can keep the car (some exceptions), the cheaper it gets overtime. If your amortized the cost of a Tesla over a 10 year life span you will be much further ahead than leasing or buying one every 3 years. Tesla is obviously standing behind their product with a 8 year drive train warranty, so lots of peace of mind is included. The Model 3 and Y are so simplistic on the inside that there isn't a whole lot that can go wrong other than the big screen. Because of this simplistic design layout, 8 year warranty, and the possibility of another federal tax credit, I think the best bang for the buck is to buy new and hold on to it for the next 10 years, but most consumers have short attention spans and will dump it well before then. If you have the disposable income to trade up, great, if not, that's fine too, because Tesla makes a great product.

5944B1D6-1A76-4389-AFAC-69842963E9FE.jpeg
Tesla needs to be consistent across all the models and update the pricing for the S and X to include Autopilot at the same price.

Fingers crossed this is coming...
Guess it IS going to be standard across the board, according to Tesla themselves!

Reactions: GenoM3P
Sorry if I missed someone stating this already, but since the SR range is software limited - with the larger battery - I can in theory charge to 100% daily and it would be the same as charging to 90% on the SR+ ... right?

And all I lose are heated seats in the summer?? That seems like the downgrade is a good deal as it doesn't actually impact my normal range, as long as I can upgrade for the same price later on.

Yes, with the SR having the same battery but a software lock on the last 10% you could just charge to 100% and get the same range as charging 90% on the SR+. And now you even get the same materials as the SR+. If you were not planning on buying AP, the $35K SR is now an absolute steal. Given that it’s no longer mentioned online, I would bet the option will disappear in a month or so, so if you are thinking about ordering one I would move quickly on it.

Reactions: latimerluis
Do we know if the $3000 down payment on the lease is just another $500 due at signing because of the $2500 reservation fee, or is it another $3000 for a total of $5500 down? It’s not clear from the order page and I think assuming could prove disappointing.

Do we know if the $3000 down payment on the lease is just another $500 due at signing because of the $2500 reservation fee, or is it another $3000 for a total of $5500 down? It’s not clear from the order page and I think assuming could prove disappointing.

It shows $4,199 due at signing. There is no mention of a $2,500 down payment on a lease. What’s not clear though is what the $4,199 includes - license and registration, delivery/doc fees, first month’s lease payment, etc. They need to add more details to clarify the real costs. That may show up when you actually place the order.

Mine is showing $3000 down payment, $2500 due today. That’s on the order page.

Yup, I see that now. Very confusing. So it looks like $2,500 “due today” plus $4,199 due “at signing” means the real down payment is $6,699”. That makes the lease pricing look really high, especially since they get the benefit of the federal tax credit instead of the buyer.

Many of us predicted that the SR would never "really" be delivered, suspecting they would fill a small number of orders and kill the product and that's exactly what has happened. Tesla will just honor the existing orders and orders placed for a very short time by giving them a free SR+.

So much for that "demand problem" they are supposedly having.

Mine is showing $3000 down payment, $2500 due today. That’s on the order page.

The Model 3 is a terrible lease candidate, why would you even consider it? Tesla or the finance company keeps the tax credit. You are in CO and you would be giving up a $5,000 state tax credit too.

Do you own a calculator?

Just. Say. No!