Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to Tesla delivery team today and they have confirmed this.. told me to expect delivery end of January -> middle of Feb!

So anyone waiting on an SR+ not yet assigned thats what you are looking at. clearly a money grab
I think that was the last drop in my glass, I’m cancelling my order!
No matter how great the car is and this being the future the way they are dealing with costumers nothing makes up for that!
I believed in Tesla and Elon and I was a fan as well but I think that was it!!!
Tesla team can fcuk off :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

TBH i'm not surprised they are prioritising higher profit margin cars, it is a company that is under a huge amount of pressure to show it can actually work as a company and not just burn through cash.

Feel your pain but time will come, i imagine these waits are going to get crazy come April next year when you've got companies ordering fleets of them!

Anyway my first world problem; i'm due to pick mine up on Tuesday and no invoice or anything yet - anyone got an invoice / collecting next week?

So here we are in the early hours of Friday morning with the Glovis Cosmos well clear of Zeebrugge and the Grand Neptune still at anchor off Zeebrugge. What is going on here? Why isn't the Neptune unloading? The Cosmos was in Zeebrugge for a long time - certainly longer than a partial unload would have taken so I suspect it may have loaded some off the dock or there was a problem of some sort with the unload. Certainly the arrival in Amsterdam is 24 hours later than originally planned.
We'll have to see what happens with the Neptune...
Meanwhile the Sirius is due at Zeebrugge on 5 Dec and the Dong transitted the canal today and is expected on the 9 Dec.
The Sirius is a large boat and so I would expect it to be loaded with more cars than the other ships and so the arrival of the Dong just 4 days after the Sirius is a recipe for more congestion at Zeebrugge.

Spoke to Tesla delivery team today and they have confirmed this.. told me to expect delivery end of January -> middle of Feb!

So anyone waiting on an SR+ not yet assigned thats what you are looking at. clearly a money grab

OK I don't know for the UK but I ordered a SR+. My Tesla sales told me it should be on the Cosmos or Neptune however until yesterday I didn't have a VIN number. But this morning hurrah I got one!
My understanding is that you may get the VIN only once the boat is unloaded in EU

So here we are in the early hours of Friday morning with the Glovis Cosmos well clear of Zeebrugge and the Grand Neptune still at anchor off Zeebrugge. What is going on here? Why isn't the Neptune unloading? The Cosmos was in Zeebrugge for a long time - certainly longer than a partial unload would have taken so I suspect it may have loaded some off the dock or there was a problem of some sort with the unload. Certainly the arrival in Amsterdam is 24 hours later than originally planned.
We'll have to see what happens with the Neptune...
Meanwhile the Sirius is due at Zeebrugge on 5 Dec and the Dong transitted the canal today and is expected on the 9 Dec.
The Sirius is a large boat and so I would expect it to be loaded with more cars than the other ships and so the arrival of the Dong just 4 days after the Sirius is a recipe for more congestion at Zeebrugge.
I suspect it is about bad weather. Should be better today

...and the Grand Neptune remains anchored off Zeebrugge.
The chap who charges for shipping info on twitter has gone quiet on the matter and so clearly does not know anything either.
I'm also a little surprised that the RCC Europe is still at pier 80.

Something is happening folks and it isn't good news...

The port of Zeebrugge are now saying the Grand Neptune will arrive tomorrow 12:00 and will depart on Monday at 14:00

That's a quick unload.

Additionally, they are showing the Sirius being in port from 12:00 on Thur 5 Dec until 08:00 on Sat 7 Dec.

Considering the size of this ship, that's a quick unload too.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Chalks99
I think for the next month they will be prioritizing US deliveries as the tax credit for Tesla runs out at the end of December

I think you are probably correct.
It's important for Tesla to get paid in the same quarter as the cars are made and so I would not expect anymore shipments until January and so deliveries at the very end of January/ early February off the 1st shipment of 2020.

I'm forecasting that first shipment to Europe to be on Glovis Cosmos, by the way - we'll see....

Well the RCC Europe has finally left Pier 80 on its way to Europe!
This is a bit of a surprise as it will not arrive until around 21 Dec and all those cars will need to be delivered by the end of the year or it will leave a big hole in the balance sheet.
There is a suggestion that it is going direct to Amsterdam which would suggest that the Dutch method of collecting off the dock is the way to achieve high delivery rates.

Reactions: ringi
Well the RCC Europe has finally left Pier 80 on its way to Europe!
This is a bit of a surprise as it will not arrive until around 21 Dec and all those cars will need to be delivered by the end of the year or it will leave a big hole in the balance sheet.
There is a suggestion that it is going direct to Amsterdam which would suggest that the Dutch method of collecting off the dock is the way to achieve high delivery rates.
Well Tesla told me that it needs at least 10 days after unload to be ready for delivering. We have also a tax on EV's which will double as of 1.1.2020. And you need to pick up your car in 2019 not to be affected. Meaning it will be really short timing

That would explain the rush to get cars to Amsterdam and the huge demand.
I am sure that Tesla will endevour to deliver all those cars in 2019 and getting buyers to collect off the dock sounds like a winner for both Tesla and buyers.

Yes, it is important to get those cars registered ultimately December 31. They're talking about 10.000 model 3's this month (last month Tesla delivered 4100 cars in Holland).

Even with the duplication of tax (for private use of a company car) the Tesla Model 3 will remain a popular car. Especially as other car brands can't offer the numbers the Dutch Market is asking for.

With the huge demand for Tesla cars from the Dutch I wouldn't expect any cars destined for the UK to be on the RCC Europe.
There are another 2 shiploads enroute at the moment: Glovis Sirius should arrive Zeebrugge on 5 Dec and the Dong on 9 Dec.
The next boatload with cars for the UK is unlikely to depart Pier 80 until week commencing 6 Jan with an arrival at the port of entry around 28 Jan.
With the latest Brexit date of 31 Jan it wouldn't surprise me if this shipment went direct to Southampton to offload first. We shall see...

I've received an unexpected mail confirming my that my car will have grey wheels instead of silver. This was soon followed by a mail saying expected delivery date is between 6th and 13th January, which sounds like it's on the RCC Europe.

Yes I'm a little surprised by that - I would have thought they would, if at all possible, bring that forward to a 2019 delivery date.

Yes I'm a little surprised by that - I would have thought they would, if at all possible, bring that forward to a 2019 delivery date.

As much as I want it asap, my current insurance expires on Jan 1st so I'd be happy to pick it up on the 2nd for that extra year of no claims.*

*I could insure it with 0 no claims then cancel under 14days cooling off period but that's just additional hassle.

The Glovis Sirius is now in the English Channel Approaches and is keeping north of the main shipping lane.
This would tend to indicate that it's going to pick up a pilot off Brixham before heading off to Zeebrugge to arrive tomorrow.
Should be off Brixham around 16:00
We shall see...