Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If 44% go through Zeebrugge why not go straight to the UK and cut the middleman?

That's 44% of all the freight through Zeebrugge, not just cars, not just Tesla, and not just Model 3. The reason comes down to scale, it's a hub and spoke model. You bring everything into a central location and then distribute it out accordingly. Having ships make multiple drop-offs is extremely time consuming and more expensive.

Reactions: Rooster6655
If I’ve been moved from 16-Oct to 9-Oct (Edinburgh) what vessel am I likely on AND is there any chance I see it late Sept ??

Either Hoegh Oslo or Glovis Courage, arriving 18/19 September into Zeebrugge. It is possible that some cars from these ships could reach the UK within a few days for September delivery. Tesla will be pushing to get as many cars delivered in September as possible to increase Q3 numbers.

2.8 million vehicles a year go through Zeebrugge, not all to the UK. 44% of everything going through Zeebrugge in total is to/from the UK so not unexpected that there will be a lot of stuff moving between the two

I assume there's likely no specific ships involved then? Just whichever happens to be docked at the time picks up a portion of the Model 3s that were unloaded off the last shipment from the US? (and of course carrying other vehicles as well)

Eager to know how many orders will be satisfied by the Model 3s on the incoming US ships! Really hoping that my lack of SC VIN will simply be due to the VIN being assigned later in the journey.

Reactions: phillcom3
I assume there's likely no specific ships involved then? Just whichever happens to be docked at the time picks up a portion of the Model 3s that were unloaded off the last shipment from the US? (and of course carrying other vehicles as well)

Eager to know how many orders will be satisfied by the Model 3s on the incoming US ships! Really hoping that my lack of SC VIN will simply be due to the VIN being assigned later in the journey.

Normally it's done by the shipping company, so one specific company would move cars from Philadelphia to Zeebrugge to UK - sometimes companies will do equivalents of codesharing in the aviation industry. I'm not an expert though so this is just my understanding and may be incorrect!

I have an SC VIN, no final invoice yet

Just been told that my car will be on the 'second boat' from Zeebrugge to the UK, and that delivery is still scheduled for last week of September, possibly first week of October. Read into that what you will - I hope it's not just part of the 'keep the customer happy' script.

Latest update on the two ships coming into Zeebrugge this week, as of 0900 UTC on 16/09

Hoegh Oslo is approximately 320km South West of Ireland, hopefully crossing into the Celtic Sea later on today when it should come back into AIS range. Expected arrival time is still 0800 UTC on 18/09

Glovis Courage is approximately 1100km behind the Hoegh Oslo, around 700km north of the Azores. Expected arrival time is still 2000 UTC on 19/09.

Both ships making good speed, around 18.5kn average

I’m also leasing, and the leasing company said beginning of October. I called Tesla directly the other day, and a very helpful bloke told me I’d been allocated a car and my collection would be some time w/c 23rd September. Only a couple of minutes after I’d put the phone down he called back and said he’d bumped me up the queue and my collection was scheduled for 19th September. It might be worth giving them a call - you just never know.

Which number did you ring, your local sales team number?

I’m also leasing, and the leasing company said beginning of October. I called Tesla directly the other day, and a very helpful bloke told me I’d been allocated a car and my collection would be some time w/c 23rd September. Only a couple of minutes after I’d put the phone down he called back and said he’d bumped me up the queue and my collection was scheduled for 19th September. It might be worth giving them a call - you just never know.
That's a great result.

I emailed Tesla, and got a reply next day (last week). They said:

"Hello,

At this moment in time it is far too early to give even a rough delivery date.

All orders are estimated between 1-3 months depending on specification.

We have not yet assigned you to a vehicle, however we will in the coming weeks and once we do we will provide you with an accurate delivery window."

That's a great result.

"Hello,

We have not yet assigned you to a vehicle, however we will in the coming weeks and once we do we will provide you with an accurate delivery window."
I had a very similar one. I'll wait a week and then phone.

That's a great result.

"Hello,

hmmm...I got a similar pessimistic response today. Ordered 5th July.

I wonder if deliveryGB are less optimistic than the call centre

Your Model 3 is currently on its way into Europe. The estimated delivery window is the second week of October. We will be in contact in early October to schedule a delivery date for you.

Best regards,

Delivery GB Team

yes. me too. my sc vin is gone. i now have a new final invoice (still with the same VIN on it) but with a much later delivery date.

Anyone else had their Source Code VIN number disappear? SC VIN assigned to me on the 3rd of September but removed today (11th).
And , this after the Tesla GB delivery team suggesting (over the phone) that an end of September delivery was likely... :mad:
VIN was 5236xx.

My SC VIN has vanished this evening also....

Mine has disappeared too...wonderful stuff!

And mine!!!!! I feel a bit better I am not alone.

yes. me too. my sc vin is gone. i now have a new final invoice (still with the same VIN on it) but with a much later delivery date.

Add me to the sad face :( list. Exactly the same situation - Edinburgh collection. Final invoice appeared in my account on Sept 3, with VIN & end September delivery. VIN also in source code. Happy dance! Then received an email from Tesla on Sept 5, alerting me to the Invoice & requesting payment. All good. Then on Sept 11, noticed my account had a credit note & second invoice with same VIN but later delivery date. VIN disappeared from source code & has not yet reappeared. Still no further contact/e-mail/text from Tesla/Edinburgh.

I'm also still waiting for EST though so I'm HOPING that this is all just Edinburgh SC trying to be helpful. Maybe they issued the original invoice a little early, just to get the EST process to progress. They seem to have regular contact with EST so are fully familiar with the process & how painfully slow it is. And being end of quarter, they want to have as many cars as possible delivered before 30th. It's possible my VIN has been made available for reallocation in case my funds aren't released in time - they wouldn't necessarily want to bring the car up to Edinburgh then have me delay collection until after end Q3, when they could deliver it quicker from Heathrow.

Or it could just be that they are envisaging logistical problems getting our cars to Edinburgh before end of Q3 & are just going to distribute the cars further south to get the highest possible numbers out the door before end Q3.

Who knows? All I know is I feel a huge sense of loss & am extra anxious now! I was so happy to have a VIN & have a real car on a boat somewhere heading towards me. That was MY car & I was deeply in love with it :p. Now I'm just back wondering WTF is going on Tesla?! :(

On a more positive note, I saw 2 gorgeous new model 3's in the wild at the weekend - one driving south on the A1 & the other charging at the superchargers in Gretna. Both in white & totally gorgeous!

Latest update on the two ships coming into Zeebrugge this week, as of 0900 UTC on 16/09

Hoegh Oslo is approximately 320km South West of Ireland, hopefully crossing into the Celtic Sea later on today when it should come back into AIS range. Expected arrival time is still 0800 UTC on 18/09

Glovis Courage is approximately 1100km behind the Hoegh Oslo, around 700km north of the Azores. Expected arrival time is still 2000 UTC on 19/09.

Both ships making good speed, around 18.5kn average
The Hoegh Oslo is now in AIS range off due south from Ireland.