Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a VIN for the past three weeks but yesterday it disappeared. I was told that my delivery would probably be mid July when I rang at the beginning of July. I've also had the text telling me that my delivery would be scheduled between 18th July and 4th August.
I rang Tesla this morning (got through after 42 mins on the loop!) and was told that whilst they could not give me a date when to expect my car, they apologised for the text which was obviously wrong. The guy told me that my car should be with me before the end of August - but I'm not going to hold my breath!
I know I'm not the only one but I really do wish that Tesla had a better back office system that informed purchasers of the progress of their order honestly.
I know some other car manufacturers have the same issues, or worse,but I'm not concerned about those, I'm concerned about Tesla and them getting negative feedback from such poor information sharing.
LOVE the post DavidMc! ACE.
Similar experience here told mid August - I reckon early September everything crossed

Me also so sad.

My booking number 200, with reservation... no VIN, no text

But I fully understand it. There isn’t a single queue. There’s about 40 queues with different configurations, and you just need to be lucky enough to have chosen the right one.

Pretty sure my tow bar and white interior has screwed me over.

Ho hum... September it is then
I am invoice 233 and still waiting - September for both of us it seems

Reactions: pmg102
Swapping new white for old red lost my vin, took two weeks and numerous incorrect order agreements with wrong base price and red paint remaining.

Overall not too fussed. Probably pushing to a September new plate though.
The new white looks good- our other car is white so we will stick with red... swapped alloy wheels 19" to 18" aero and saved £3.5k as it also was with the price drop

Reactions: UkNorthampton
I’m guessing these ‘Ro-Ro’ ships that run cars from Zebrugge to the UK only take a few hours?

If a ship was involved it would make sense to leave the UK cars onboard at Zeebrugge and then send the ship to Tilbury/Sheerness/Southampton. (Actually makes better sense to drop off at UK first!)
However, I believe they come by road on a transporter direct from Zeebrugge.
The Model S certainly comes from Tilburg by road.

Reactions: Roy W.
If a ship was involved it would make sense to leave the UK cars onboard at Zeebrugge and then send the ship to Tilbury/Sheerness/Southampton. (Actually makes better sense to drop off at UK first!)
However, I believe they come by road on a transporter direct from Zeebrugge.
The Model S certainly comes from Tilburg by road.

Zeebrugge is used first as it has facilities for charging inbound EVs:

EVBox Electrifies Port Of Zeebrugge With 300 Charge Points For Inbound Teslas | CleanTechnica

Once topped up, my view is they rely on local vehicle carriers like Auto Premier, which (coincidentally?) is also docked at Zeebrugge having recently arrived from Sheerness :)

Vessel details for: AUTOPREMIER (Vehicles Carrier) - IMO 9131943, MMSI 255801550, Call Sign CQQD Registered in Portugal | AIS Marine Traffic

Last edited:
Friend just sent me this, from the Facebook. Apparently yesterday at Pier 80....

Attachments

• IMG_20190804_090449_295.jpg
    IMG_20190804_090449_295.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 57
It's really not helping with my FOMO desires to switch from black SR+ to white LR AWD....

LOL. My FOMO is restricted to features, I’m not tempted to change the colour. I’m right there with you though on worrying I should upgrade to AWD. I keep telling myself that a) I drove the RWD and was happy with that and b) if I stay on RWD I can afford more extras (like a winter wheel set).