Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The SFL Conductor has a Panama Canal transit pencilled in for 13 Aug so looks like it will be heading our way. All it needs to do now is actually head for San Francisco to load up with Tesla Model 3s (P with tow bars, by the sounds of it!).
The Grand Quest is also inbound to load but that ship in the past has headed to China.

I spoke with Tesla on the phone yesterday as I was getting twitchy having no VIN and no two week delivery window email. They're still insisting that it'll be an August delivery. I specifically asked if my car was on a boat already, "yes" came the reply, although I think I heard them shift in their seat a little while they uttered it. We'll see.........

Orders opened in late May/early June from memory. I ordered 25th June
Yes Irish orders opened about 1 month after UK orders, so hopefully a first small batch will arrive to Ireland about 1 month after the first small batch arrived in UK. (Apologies UK cousins who may be wishing all Europe bound RHD's are going to UK only!). That would be my possibly very naive logic. But as we all know it is a waiting game and Tesla Ireland seem to have no info to share yet, so we wait patiently:) Deep down I am starting to think I will have the next iPhone before I get my Model 3.

breaking-news.png

News is full of it today!

:D

I had a VIN for the past three weeks but yesterday it disappeared. I was told that my delivery would probably be mid July when I rang at the beginning of July. I've also had the text telling me that my delivery would be scheduled between 18th July and 4th August.
I rang Tesla this morning (got through after 42 mins on the loop!) and was told that whilst they could not give me a date when to expect my car, they apologised for the text which was obviously wrong. The guy told me that my car should be with me before the end of August - but I'm not going to hold my breath!
I know I'm not the only one but I really do wish that Tesla had a better back office system that informed purchasers of the progress of their order honestly.
I know some other car manufacturers have the same issues, or worse,but I'm not concerned about those, I'm concerned about Tesla and them getting negative feedback from such poor information sharing.
LOVE the post DavidMc! ACE.

I had a VIN for the past three weeks but yesterday it disappeared. I was told that my delivery would probably be mid July when I rang at the beginning of July. I've also had the text telling me that my delivery would be scheduled between 18th July and 4th August.
I rang Tesla this morning (got through after 42 mins on the loop!) and was told that whilst they could not give me a date when to expect my car, they apologised for the text which was obviously wrong. The guy told me that my car should be with me before the end of August - but I'm not going to hold my breath!
I know I'm not the only one but I really do wish that Tesla had a better back office system that informed purchasers of the progress of their order honestly.
I know some other car manufacturers have the same issues, or worse,but I'm not concerned about those, I'm concerned about Tesla and them getting negative feedback from such poor information sharing.
LOVE the post DavidMc! ACE.
I don’t think I’ll be convinced until I’m actually driving off the forecourt in my new Model 3!

Reactions: RjbT3 and davidmc