Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what "allocated" means... Does an SC VIN count, or is it allocated when a delivery date has been provided with a full fat VIN?

Hopefully it is the former, that way a huge number of cars have been allocated from only two boats.

I'm really struggling with this waiting and I was late to the party! I really feel for the many who have reserved and have not yet got a delivery date.
Good question. I got the impression it was the former just by the way they were talking. They also told me they checked my order and it was showing as VIN unallocated. I do not have a SCVIN either.

Me too with the red LRAWD. Had a VIN/ delivery for today but (apart from the fact I couldn't make the delivery anyway but nobody was answering the phone) they phoned me to cancel as there was a "registration/ matching issue that is holding your specific configuration up". From the way it was worded in the email they sent me after the call (as quoted) it sounds like maybe a generic issue with that combo, but maybe it's not and they just had my vin down as red etc when it actually wasn't.
*EYEPOP!* Hoping it's all sorted by the time I collect as I've to book a flight and boat this weekend!

@-DB- LRAWD Red 18" Aero Black AP R:02/03/2019 Ord:01/05/2019 Edinburgh VIN Y Win:27/08/2019 Del: 26/08/2019
@interbear LRAWD Red 18" Aero Black AP had a VIN but lost it :(

Yes I did and it’s still not reappeared. Only 5 days left of the delivery window last communicated to me on 1st August, when I did have a VIN code: “great news your delivery has been brought forward to 7-20 August” - radio silence since then as well as the VIN disappearing from the source code. Tried to call, emailed and responded to the text but nothing back other than an automated email response. Also popped into the Cribbs store, they were none the wiser either: “plenty of ships now it won’t be too long”. So, who knows o_O

Reactions: RjbT3
*EYEPOP!* Hoping it's all sorted by the time I collect as I've to book a flight and boat this weekend!

I am in same position with regards to picking up in Edinburgh but will be Sept I think as only ordered this week.
Before ordering I emailed the Edinburgh sales guys and got the following response.
"We understand that we have customers travelling from Northern Ireland that need to make travel arrangements so we take that into consideration and you can work with the delivery team to find a suitable solution closer to the delivery date we have given."

could be a stock answer and total rubbish when the dates appear, but one would like to thnik they do have some flexibility as we are reliant on no flight delays flights etc

Reactions: Roy W.
I am in same position with regards to picking up in Edinburgh but will be Sept I think as only ordered this week.
Before ordering I emailed the Edinburgh sales guys and got the following response.
"We understand that we have customers travelling from Northern Ireland that need to make travel arrangements so we take that into consideration and you can work with the delivery team to find a suitable solution closer to the delivery date we have given."

could be a stock answer and total rubbish when the dates appear, but one would like to thnik they do have some flexibility as we are reliant on no flight delays flights etc
I spoke to them previously about it and they said they'd make a note on my account. I'm collecting on the 26th so need to get a reg off them so I can book the boat. From what I have been seeing most people are only getting a reg very late the day before colelction or on the day itself which won't work for us.

Yes I did and it’s still not reappeared. Only 5 days left of the delivery window last communicated to me on 1st August, when I did have a VIN code: “great news your delivery has been brought forward to 7-20 August” - radio silence since then as well as the VIN disappearing from the source code. Tried to call, emailed and responded to the text but nothing back other than an automated email response. Also popped into the Cribbs store, they were none the wiser either: “plenty of ships now it won’t be too long”. So, who knows o_O

Call sales with a made up story about your account and wanting them to check if everything is showing on the system on their side or can they see a final invoice you should pay etc and this will force them to get your details up. You can ask them if they can see any visibility on vins even though you know it’s not present and this may then convince the sales guy to flag it to the delivery team or vin allocations team. I asked sales of can they see a delivery date as I was trying to book a holiday and he reluctantly told me the specific delivery day which was on the system and then within an hour the text and emails come through so it feels like sales can push a prompt to other teams who can generate some progress.

• Informative
Reactions: interbear
I
I spoke to them previously about it and they said they'd make a note on my account. I'm collecting on the 26th so need to get a reg off them so I can book the boat. From what I have been seeing most people are only getting a reg very late the day before colelction or on the day itself which won't work for us.
I think Stena flexible booking allows you to change the veh reg?

Reactions: -DB-
Call sales with a made up story about your account and wanting them to check if everything is showing on the system on their side or can they see a final invoice you should pay etc and this will force them to get your details up. You can ask them if they can see any visibility on vins even though you know it’s not present and this may then convince the sales guy to flag it to the delivery team or vin allocations team. I asked sales of can they see a delivery date as I was trying to book a holiday and he reluctantly told me the specific delivery day which was on the system and then within an hour the text and emails come through so it feels like sales can push a prompt to other teams who can generate some progress.

Well I’m attempting to apply this approach this morning given the lack of response to email and text this week and the fact that my delivery window of 7-20 August is fast expiring. No news at all.

Call #1 - on hold for 1 hour 55 mins, got a new ringtone and got excited thinking it was about to be answered. Only to get the automated message from the very start of the call queue. Again. 5 minutes later, the call dropped. Grrrr.....

Call #2 - so far on hold for over 30 minutes.

Basically, I just want to know if my car has any chance of being delivered within the communicated delivery window, of which there are 5 days left. And it’s quite important as I may well be selling my current car tomorrow :confused:

Many Thanks
Placed my order 24th July so trying to figure out which ship my car could be on.

If you got lucky you car may already be here - they don’t build to order, they just allocate orders to cars that they have that match your spec - often referred to as vin matching. If you ordered a car which they have excess of, you could be matched early, if they don’t have enough of what you have ordered, then welcome to the club.

Well I’m attempting to apply this approach this morning given the lack of response to email and text this week and the fact that my delivery window of 7-20 August is fast expiring. No news at all.

Call #1 - on hold for 1 hour 55 mins, got a new ringtone and got excited thinking it was about to be answered. Only to get the automated message from the very start of the call queue. Again. 5 minutes later, the call dropped. Grrrr.....

Call #2 - so far on hold for over 30 minutes.

Basically, I just want to know if my car has any chance of being delivered within the communicated delivery window, of which there are 5 days left. And it’s quite important as I may well be selling my current car tomorrow :confused:

Been on hold for 3h32m so far... I also got the momentary ringtone then the automated message about 2 hours ago, but not the call drop!

Their system must have a HUGE capacity for holding calls ;-)

Been on hold for 3h32m so far... I also got the momentary ringtone then the automated message about 2 hours ago, but not the call drop!

3h39m in the end - although Hari was lovely to talk with. Is that a record? ;-)

(And basically, no news. Car probably around the end of September when all the reservation customers have got theirs.)

My Call #2 just got dropped on me after exactly 1 hour.

So that’s 3 hours so far today on hold and then dropped. First time with no message. Second time with a message saying “we will contact you closer to delivery to make sure everything is in place”. So a more polite drop.

I’m wondering if I select the “Cancel order” option rather than “Delivery” option when I start a call, will it have a better change of getting answered :)