Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a nightmare that, on her way out of Plymouth, Greta Thunberg would collide with Glovis Champion, that fear has subsided but now I'm worried about SFL Conductor.

Another tab on the browser, more vessels to track:

MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

Thinking of turning the lounge into the operations centre and taking on some staff.

I'm sure after all this you'll finally end up with a VIN that leaves you convinced your car was on Triumph Ace and then just idling at Zeebrugge for two months...

• Funny
Reactions: Yev000
I think it's the not entirely unreasonable assumption that a £50k car should come with some customer service and protesting that it doesn't.

I'm working on the assumption this is essentially still a Kickstarter phase and setting expectations appropriately. When I ordered a pebble watch through Kickstarter it was 12 to 18 months in coming and that was just a watch. For that my wife found an actual pebble and drew a watchface on it. At least she hasn't done anything like that for the Tesla... yet.

Damn early adopterness :-(

We were early adopters when it came to reservation, but early adoption is not an excuse anymore - they've built over 300,000 Model 3s now..

We were early adopters when it came to reservation, but early adoption is not an excuse anymore - they've built over 300,000 Model 3s now..
But they haven't delivered that many in the UK...

Thinking about it, the level of communications are working fine in the US. Perhapse once the process is on full flow and supply roughly matches demand it will be the same here. A 4 week wait with the level of coms being supplied would be fine, and perhapse they don't want to invest any further for what they hope is some sort term pain.

Assuming the back log is cleared by Xmas, in corporate terms it will not have been worth inventing additional channels and training people on them at all for that brief (in corporate terms) blip.

Assuming the back log is cleared by Xmas, in corporate terms it will not have been worth inventing additional channels and training people on them at all for that brief (in corporate terms) blip.

Yes this about sums it up, the initial backlog will create a rush to deliver situation but there is no point expanding to meet this demand when afterwards they would then need to contract to match the sustained demand. This time next year it will be a smoother process for a new customer ordering a model 3 I except any new model releases.

Reactions: trentbridge
Except after delivery they now have thousands of customers which means they're going to have to expand anyway to support them.

They've handled this so far by shutting down the phone lines and making all service appointments app only, and restricting telephone access to the tesla stores. That bunker mentality isn't a good long term strategy. At some point Tesla are going to have to get their wallets out and spend some money on staff.

Reactions: Roy W.
I had a nightmare that, on her way out of Plymouth, Greta Thunberg would collide with Glovis Champion, that fear has subsided but now I'm worried about SFL Conductor.
Its great that people like Greta can have a large voice on subjects that really count, but there are easier ways of making a point and travelling across the Atlantic carbon neutral than in a high speed sailing vessel. I wonder how long before she wishes she had gone upon a more comfy sailing vessel, like the ones that have been sailing the seas for hundreds of years and have already spent their environmental cost with not a petroleum based material in sight.

I guess she won't be a Tesla fan with all the fossil fueled vessels transporting their wares across the Atlantic. Which is a shame as I don't think she has got her return planned just yet and could have hitched a ride on a vessel already making the return trip, at minimal extra carbon outlay.

It's all about appearance though.. she could have got a cruise ship, or even a plane, and the extra carbon generated by her being on it would be barely noticable, but the press would have had immediate headlines about it.

A bit like this morning's headlines with Harry & Meghan getting some stick for not practicing what they preach and taking a private jet for a jaunt.. Greta could have done a skype call to the conference and saved her seasickness.

Similarly, Rob Brydon is massively contributing to climate change with endless adverts encouraging people to go on cruises. I used to like him but he has sold his soul.

Reactions: j6Lpi429@3j