Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Call #2 just got dropped on me after exactly 1 hour.

So that’s 3 hours so far today on hold and then dropped. First time with no message. Second time with a message saying “we will contact you closer to delivery to make sure everything is in place”. So a more polite drop.

I’m wondering if I select the “Cancel order” option rather than “Delivery” option when I start a call, will it have a better change of getting answered :)

Well worth a try! Retention person may be more useful...watch they don't auto associate with your phone number and auto cancel as soon as you press the button....

If you got lucky you car may already be here - they don’t build to order, they just allocate orders to cars that they have that match your spec - often referred to as vin matching. If you ordered a car which they have excess of, you could be matched early, if they don’t have enough of what you have ordered, then welcome to the club.
Like you I have a tow bar on order so don't hold much hope of an early delivery

It would certainly appear at the moment that the Glovis Sunlight is EU bound however the timings aren't clear yet. It is due to arrive off San Francisco on the 19th Aug but it is not due at Pier 80 until the next day. Allowing 3 days to load, it would be a stretch to make the 30/8 canal transit it has been pencilled in for.

It would certainly appear at the moment that the Glovis Sunlight is EU bound however the timings aren't clear yet. It is due to arrive off San Francisco on the 19th Aug but it is not due at Pier 80 until the next day. Allowing 3 days to load, it would be a stretch to make the 30/8 canal transit it has been pencilled in for.
Tesla's latest innovation: bring loading down to a single day utilising catapult loading.

I thought that hyperloop was his long term plan for car delivery?

Actually, there are a few hybrid ships already - MV Hallaig Caledonian Skye and Raasay Ferry and Victoria of Wight, Portsmouth and Isle Of Wight are two notable ones in UK. But alas, their own dedicated batteries.

Last edited: