Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think that is out of the question at all but have no way of knowing. Based on precedent I would say that seeing as I've had no account activity at all then my vehicle must still be sat in Philadelphia.

However, on the other hand I can't see why Tesla would go to the trouble of carting hundreds of vehicles all the way across the US to get to Philadelphia just to sit it in the docks for three weeks. There's been two vehicle carriers leave SFO in that time, surely that would have been a heck of a lot easier.

I'm maybe overthinking this o_O

Overthinking? On this forum? Never.

I don't think that is out of the question at all but have no way of knowing. Based on precedent I would say that seeing as I've had no account activity at all then my vehicle must still be sat in Philadelphia.

However, on the other hand I can't see why Tesla would go to the trouble of carting hundreds of vehicles all the way across the US to get to Philadelphia just to sit it in the docks for three weeks. There's been two vehicle carriers leave SFO in that time, surely that would have been a heck of a lot easier.

I'm maybe overthinking this o_O

if that logistics route is cheaper then that is what they will use.
People have waited years on this car - Tesla think you can wait a few more weeks

I think most likely if they are going to the effort of containerising the model 3s its unlikely they'll all be on one ship, they'll just stick them on whichever one turns up first mixed in amongst many other containers of other goods. Ships will probably be so plentiful that it's going to be impossible to track them - for example just Maersk have two ships a week between Philadelphia and Southampton, and that's just one UK port and one company - take your pick!

Reactions: Roy W. and ME_UK
TBH by xmas I think there will be a stock pile of new cars that people can order and have in a few weeks like the S and X, by then they will come direct to UK, they just want to clear this back order, which has actually grown in the last few months.

To me it seems logical that during the hurricane season to ship from Philly, to make sure it is a continuous supply line, and elevate the higher risk damage coming up from Panama.

@Stretchquaker followed your lead and asked nicely if anyone knew where my car was - they confirmed in Philadelphia in August, no September refresh on the systems yet, so could be sat in the rain, or on it's way. At least I have some additional peace of mind knowing which sea route to watch.

Now just need a list of every arriving ship to the UK that stopped at Philaport on the way here......
if yours is there and you knew it was phily and we ordered the same tiem fingers crossed for me. im to Stockport though so that might be a contributor later on

Reactions: ME_UK
That's saying it needs to be a consistent rate, but not 20%

Boris could bring it down to 15% for all purchases today if he wanted.

That is correct. There isn't a standard EU VAT rate.

For those hoping for a price reduction post Brexit (currently a 10% tariff) it will depend on a trade agreement with USA being agreed which is not going to happen very quickly despite what certain politicians on both sides of the Atlantic say.

That is correct. There isn't a standard EU VAT rate.

For those hoping for a price reduction post Brexit (currently a 10% tariff) it will depend on a trade agreement with USA being agreed which is not going to happen very quickly despite what certain politicians on both sides of the Atlantic say.
Maybe this is why they are testing the Philadelphia route. Coming in via EU after Brexit might be slow and complicated. 2 x paperwork, delays at the ports (though hopefully not 2 x import duty) Maybe straight to the UK is the plan?

Reactions: M3noob