Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No vin does not mean no car from Grand Mark. I think they will be playing catch up for the next week or so so hold tight. Baed on the European order / delivery threads people were hearing nothing then received notification to collect a week later etc. So no vin does not necessarily mean no car.

Reactions: Roy W.
This is the go-to resource for ships. Tesla Carriers

That's great, thank you :)

No vin does not mean no car from Grand Mark. I think they will be playing catch up for the next week or so so hold tight. Baed on the European order / delivery threads people were hearing nothing then received notification to collect a week later etc. So no vin does not necessarily mean no car.

Oooh, that's interesting! Fingers crossed! :D

Reactions: Calisaar
So now that the Grand Dahlia and the Grand Mark have landed and I still have no VIN, it may well be that I've not got any of the cars on either of those ships.

Is there any info regarding future loads of M3s coming over to Europe?
Any other ships I should be feverishly tracking? ;)

@mortenlund89 is a good follow on twitter for obsessive Tesla ship tracking to Europe.
Latest tweet:⛴ Morten Grove on Twitter

Reactions: -DB-

That's great, thank you :)

Oooh, that's interesting! Fingers crossed! :D

Unfortunately, I was told the exact opposite when I rang up chasing mine.

They said they would start issuing VINs and appointments as soon as they knew which cars were on the ship and its approx eta. I too hoped mine was on the Grand Mark but it was notg.

The Grand Dahlia was rumoured to have around 300 RHD cars, the Grand Mark many more, but given it has a sh_tload of LHD SR+ as well I would guess between 1000-2000 RHD cars. So not enough to fulfil all
existing orders...

There are rumours of some RHD straggler going on boats, but I would guess Japan and Australia rather than UK.

So after Grand Mark you're looking at August unless they start RHD production right after Q3 starts.

The Grand Dahlia was rumoured to have around 300 RHD cars, the Grand Mark many more, but given it has a sh_tload of LHD SR+ as well I would guess between 1000-2000 RHD cars. So not enough to fulfil all
existing orders...

There are rumours of some RHD straggler going on boats, but I would guess Japan and Australia rather than UK.

So after Grand Mark you're looking at August unless they start RHD production right after Q3 starts.
Do we know if/when the 1-2k RHD cars on Grand Mark will be in the UK?

are there people who have a VIN number [in source code] maybe a call saying "Mid July" or similar, but no specific delivery date, nor final invoice?

(I haven't checked the online Orders spreadsheet - maybe that has the answer?)

If so that would suggest to me that the cars on Grand Mark have already been allocated, so anyone without VIN won't be in that batch.

If no one has VIN / "July delivery" then VIN numbers on Grand Mark are not yet allocated and everyone is in the lottery :)

I expect we need to get past the end of June end-Q2-push before Tesla staff will have time / inclination to do the donkey work on allocation for July-onward sales.

• Disagree
Reactions: Avendit
They can build 1,000 cars PER DAY so I wouldn't think it would take many days to produce what we need in the UK for July.

Sure, but they can't hand-over 1,000 cars a day through service centres, so once Q2 is over I expect Tesla will want to match manufacture, and boat-shipping, with the rate at which they can be "sold". Unless rest of EU has no backlog :) it will make more sense to send the boats with a mix for all EU markets, and keep all EU delivery centres load-balanced.

It still all comes back to whether VINs for RHD vehicles were applied for ... and I haven't seen any evidence of that (other than the first two batches that we know about).

Sure, but they can't hand-over 1,000 cars a day through service centres, so once Q2 is over I expect Tesla will want to match manufacture, and boat-shipping, with the rate at which they can be "sold". Unless rest of EU has no backlog :) it will make more sense to send the boats with a mix for all EU markets, and keep all EU delivery centres load-balanced.

It still all comes back to whether VINs for RHD vehicles were applied for ... and I haven't seen any evidence of that (other than the first two batches that we know about).

All this sounds very plausible, but I'm sorry, I don't understand what most of it means. Way over my head.

What I do know is the factory will most likely not want to switch from RHD to LHD willy nilly. I reckon they will do big batches and the service centres will have loads to go at.

All this sounds very plausible, but I'm sorry, I don't understand what most of it means. Way over my head.

What I do know is the factory will most likely not want to switch from RHD to LHD willy nilly. I reckon they will do big batches and the service centres will have loads to go at.