Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Appropriate/Inappropriate/Funniest TMC Banner Ad's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Schneider Electric ads on TMC

Weird that Schneider Electric is advertising on TMC website. A few days ago I talked to *the* answer person at Schneider (they had to pull him out of the woodwork) who was there from day one. Their chargers have never worked with Tesla Roadster and they have never succeeded in fixing the issues. Gave up, don't care. just playing the numbers here (put your own spin on this). Told that Nissan's AeroV chargers work just fine on my Roadster, that Model S is now a reality- still no interest.

Frustrating in that my favorite location just put in 4 brand new Schneiders. :crying:.
--

What the.....

P20120829080604-1.png

P20120828071541-1.png

Stumbled across the "Support TMC" link yesterday. Donated (thanks, guys), and today the banner ads have gone. What a relief. I was getting really fed up with the "Hong Kong Singles" ads that continually come back no matter what I do.

Stumbled across the "Support TMC" link yesterday. Donated (thanks, guys), and today the banner ads have gone. What a relief. I was getting really fed up with the "Hong Kong Singles" ads that continually come back no matter what I do.

Suggest more donate as this site is awesome and super well worth a measly $10 or more. Think of it as 0.0001% of the purchase price :biggrin:

Its well worth more than $10 to not be stalked by ads. I use Startpage or Ixquick search proxy for most things to avoid becoming profiled by Google, Bing and the rest. Once the big search companies start targeting you due to your searches and compile your personal information, location, public info, demographic and profile it seems that even the news you are delivered starts to get very skewed. I prefer a more objective and global view of the world. I don't want to live in a Filter Bubble.

If I get a banner ad from an on-line retailer I stop shopping with them. I send them a note and tell them that I won't be back and its because of their stalker ads.
Someone needs to start a pay-for-privacy e-mail and search business. I don't mind random ads based on a current search, but I am offended by their compilation and storage of my data without my knowledge or permission.

I went to a site to buy a swimsuit and found that those stalker ads started even before I finished my purchase. I emptied the shopping cart and told them why they lost my business. I had bikini ads for over a month stalking me. I complained to the store, the marketing company and the page that showed the ads until it stopped. It took a few weeks. I may have to just stop shopping on line, I guess. Except for Teslas, perhaps.

BTW... has anyone gotten a privacy policy associated with car data or gps data compilation for the Model S?

I just happily made my contribution. Given everything I've gotten from these forums, it's the least I could do as repayment. I think the Romney/Ryan ads really put me over the top!

Anyway, thanks tho the forum organizers for providing such a great venue for info and ideas (and sometimes venting).

LOL! When my folks are particulalry perturbed they send any self addressed pre-paid envelope from the RNC back loaded down with rocks so it costs as much as possible.

I had a tile cutter and some left over tile a while back. I cut a bunch of the tiles to fit in the envelopes for exactly this purpose. Sadly I have run out and my wife is somehow getting about 2 a month.