Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jvonbokel, thanks for adding the link. I should have done that instead of assuming everyone reading this thread knew about it. It is a great resource and I hope people still update it as time goes by. As you can see from my comments, I am most concerned about the restroom opportunities upon arrival to the supercharger during long trips. It is my opinion that the Model S has a great battery range because my bladder normally needs relief sooner than the car needs a charge.

However, don't look now, but Sasmania is about to double up on both you and I: he is at 192 and will be hitting 200 shortly.

Yea, thanks for that reminder. :frown: Though he's going to have to continue his trip overseas if he's going to keep adding at his current pace.
Guess I'm either going to have to retire or step out and get some orange juice. :wink:

Updated Wiki with my 75 superchargers.

The most were on a trip which I posted to the Model S forum on teslamotors.com, but seems to have disappeared
--------------------------

7323mi / 11,785km - Total distance driven

107hr 53min - Total time actually driving (less about 4 rest stops)

68 mph / 109kph - Average speed while moving. Keeping the average up is hard even with long stretches of 75 or 80mph in the West.

53 - Number of supercharger stops.

1 - Number of times I charged without using a supercharger. There is no supercharger yet in Dallas. I would have been fine except that I went to an airshow in Fort Worth and needed 100 extra miles. I used my CHAdeMO adapter to charge at a Walgreens store 2 blocks from my hotel. It took an hour to get 100 miles. CHAdeMO is a Japanese high voltage DC charging standard. It's not nearly as fast as the Tesla DC superchargers, but it beats the heck out of charging at a standard AC charger.

31hr 31min - Total time spent hooked to a supercharger sucking electrons. 29% of the in-motion time. Yep, electric cars need more time to recharge than it takes to fill up with gasoline, petrol, or diesel.

36 minutes - Average time spent at a supercharger

2,210 kWhr Total electricity produced from the batteries. The total electricity drawn from the superchargers is higher due to charging losses, heating while charging at 100+ kWatt rates, and running multiple cooling fans while charging to dissipate the heat.

3 - Number of motorcycles that slowed as they passed to give me an exaggerated thumbs-up motion
dozens Number of times I was asked "How far does it go on a charge?"

several - Number of times I was asked "What kind of car is that?" But, far more often, people already knew what kind of car it was even if mine was the first they'd seen in person.

6 - Number of times there was another Tesla at a charging station when I arrived. Out of 53 stops.

1 - Number of non-functional supercharger stalls. In Defuniac Springs, FL, the first stall I tried didn't work. I moved over one spot. I called Tesla to report it. "We'll send someone out tomorrow to fix it." There was no need to rush. There were 6 stalls, I can't imagine 5 have ever been in use at the same time.

1 - Number of times I was stopped by Texas State Police to ask "How much did that cost?" followed by him telling me "Consumer Reports rated that car 100 out of 100!!" (The cop was on foot directing traffic at an airshow in Ft Worth Texas)

1 - Number of times I was concerned about reaching the next charger. It was dumping down rain as I drove from St Augustine to Savannah. The energy required to drive 70mph (the speed limit) goes up dramatically when there is a lot of standing water on the road. I drove 55 in the right lane for an hour. I had a cop follow me in my blind spot for a few miles in Jacksonville wondering why some idiot is going so slow in the right lane.

13 - Number of audio books I listened to while driving. They were from audible (now owned by Amazon).

(censored, but well, well under triple digits) mph - Fastest speed briefly following two other Telsa downhill on I-70 heading into Silverthorne, CO (Breckenridge). They also stopped in Grand Junction, CO to charge after screaming past me in the left lane after I left Silverthorne. One of their cars was painted bronze. I wish that color had been available when I bought mine.

many - Number of times the buggy Tesla routing software decided I needed to turn around and go back to the previous supercharger even though I was already two thirds of the way along to the next supercharger. This is a well known software problem since the feature to compute energy usage between chargers was added in April. I'm surprised that in the half dozen software updates since then that this part of their software hasn't improved.

The car is a great road car. It's roomy inside. It's pretty quiet depending upon road surface. No wind noise. The 4G cellular connection is great for streaming audio. I even got a software update pushed over the 4G connection one night. The adaptive speed cruise control is great. Too bad the autosteer feature upcoming in release 7.0 of the software was not available for this trip!

Boy, this is a tough contest these days. I added 15 Superchargers to my list taking the long way from Boulder for some business in the DFW area. I went from 41 to 56 adding Goodland, Hays, Salina, Wichita, Perry, Ardmore, Denton, Corsicana, Oklahoma City, Weatherford, Shamrock, Amarillo, Tucumari, Santa Rosa NM, Las Vegas NM.

That moved me to #18 in the list. I am very impressed that Sasmania has visited 200, there are 8 folks with more than 100, and you have to be in the 90's to hit the top ten! As most know, the list is at Superchargers Visited - Tesla Motors Club Wiki.

Looks like a lot of people enjoying their Teslas.

To move back into the top 10, I may have to plan a Travelling Salesman route of new Superchargers through AZ, CA, the Pacific Northwest, and I-90 back to Colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.