Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motorway Navigation Instructions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a long return journey between Liverpool and Dover this weekend, and this issue is definitely very, very annoying.

There was a couple of M6 junctions where the nav instructions had a place name and different road number icon, as though I was about to head in a different direction, but I was actually just needing to stay on the M6. We need a reversion to just have the major junctions/changes (i.e., just say "join M42 in 25 miles").

Reactions: Dasher
If you're still under warranty then it's worth raising a service request in the app for this. It won't result in a fix directly for your car, but they do get bounced upwards. Tesla is statistic-driven more than most companies, so this is about the only way to get things fixed.

Yes. It is so annoying , I observed this change in February . And, not only that it says motorway names also wrong , for example when you are on M5 it says E5, same for A roads , not for all the roads , but some … very annoying and confusing , it can make you to exit the way especially if your exit is not very far .

Yes. It is so annoying , I observed this change in February . And, not only that it says motorway names also wrong , for example when you are on M5 it says E5, same for A roads , not for all the roads , but some … very annoying and confusing , it can make you to exit the way especially if your exit is not very far .
Interestingly the E5 (European motorway), does run up through the UK, but it incorporates the M40 not the M5…

that people still have voice/sound notifications on :D
Depends on how big the screen is - Yes, you don’t need that in a 3/Y but you may need those in standard base model 5-7 inch tomtom satnavs. In fact in those days (even now for smaller ones), the standard of satnavs were judged based on how good they were just by driving based on listening to the voice navigation.

Depends on how big the screen is - Yes, you don’t need that in a 3/Y but you may need those in standard base model 5-7 inch tomtom satnavs. In fact in those days (even now for smaller ones), the standard of satnavs were judged based on how good they were just by driving based on listening to the voice navigation.
I always had it disabled on any "integrated" system, as I hate when my music/podcast or whatever get interrupted.

so in Reality I do not really need it, as visually it is shown quote well, especially in Teslas or any new modern car with bigger screen

It does not happen in France or Spain, and possibly elsewhere in Europe. Just the distance to your exit, then complete silence.
It's got to be either some LHD to RHD issue in the code or potentially more likely I think the map data provider they use in the UK has done this. My Lotus did exactly the same as the Tesla when I had that so I feel like it's the fault of a mapping provider. In which case, they probably did this on purpose and not by accident.

I agree though, I hate this.

I guess you have not driven any budget cars that have some integrated satnav (Seat, Mazda 2 or even the old ford fiesta with a 7inch) :)
I have, and the first thing I do is disable voice navigation. I like to listen to music when I drive and hate when it's interrupted. I don't think it adds any value, personally, regardless of screen size/quality.