Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mountain Pass Coilover 6 Month Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[In reference to the wheel gap on my Model Y Long Range] 🙂

My goal of purchasing the Mountain Pass Performance comfort coilover kit was 1. A ride better than stock and 2. A lower ride height to fit the 20” inductions better.

I feel I was able to accomplish all of the above with their kit due to the adjustability they provide. As of right now, I’m sitting at a 3 finger gap all around and expect it to settle a little lower then I’ll adjust as needed.
looks good dude

Reactions: SWIPE and JP0430
Hey all, I just installed MPP coilovers on my MYP. So far so good for me. The installer set it to a good level where I can feel the road, but it's not as jarring. My wife is still wanting it a bit softer/bouncier. I worried it'll feel like i'm driving on a mattress or on Goku's flying Nimbus...

For others who have installed and enjoying it, what did you set your compression and rebound to?

Hey all, I just installed MPP coilovers on my MYP. So far so good for me. The installer set it to a good level where I can feel the road, but it's not as jarring. My wife is still wanting it a bit softer/bouncier. I worried it'll feel like i'm driving on a mattress or on Goku's flying Nimbus...

For others who have installed and enjoying it, what did you set your compression and rebound to?
I am set at 12/12 in the front, and 12/10 in the rear. Just took my first road trip this past weekend and am amazed at how improved the ride is.

For reference, there is an entire thread on MPP numbers settings: MPP Comfort Coils NUMBERS ONLY THREAD

Do MPP coilovers alter the height of Model Y Performance (MYP) ? I heard they lower the long range but never could determine if they lower a MYP.

I am set at 12/12 in the front, and 12/10 in the rear. Just took my first road trip this past weekend and am amazed at how improved the ride is.

For reference, there is an entire thread on MPP numbers settings: MPP Comfort Coils NUMBERS ONLY THREAD

I used this setting and it's pretty good for a comfortable ride. I tried 14/14 all around, but it felt very bouncy.

I'm tempted to go firmer, but I have to remind myself I bought the Y as a comfortable cruiser.

I have an MYLR on 20" Inductions. I have 12/12 front and 12/10 back. Sometimes when I go over dips or bumps I can see my toddler in the back getting bounced pretty harsh. Any suggestions? Will going 12/12 in back help?
Does it seem like the rear of the car is springing back up too quickly after hitting the bump? If so, you can try stiffening the rebound setting to slow that motion. Some people like 14/14 if you're alright with it being a bit too soft.

For sure, you can lower your Y much more than that if you'd like to with our kit.
Great, thank you for such a quick reply! Now how would I go about getting the car lowered to a certain height? Would my installer first measure the ground to fender height with my current setup and then after installing your coils, then lower to my specs afterwards?

Another question that I have is regarding alignment. If I get my car aligned at a certain height and then let’s say during the winter, I raise my car up do I need another alignment at that point? or if I raise my car up temporarily for a winter trip and then lower back to the height before, would that not matter?